View Full Version : Winning now on TITLE Boxing!!

MikeBrew328
11-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Anybody see that? They're on TITLE now, as "Fighting Sports". Gloves/ headgear are pretty reasonable to for the quality, gloves are at 100 and headgear at 90

JUHL
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
i noticed this as well, but, i thought it was a knock-off brand of winning. or at least, a cheaper version of Winning. surely its not the same quality of equipment is it?

ironalex
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
mate its a rip off of winning, winning gear a lot better than fighting sports, its like ferrari-winning, and lotus-fighting sports.

JUHL
11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
exactly, kinda like the "campeon" version of Grant's equipment.

MikeBrew328
11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't think its as good as the real Winning gloves, but definately a step over some of the stuff, headgear especially, ordering online...

AJ_7_FAN
11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Wonder how they compare to grant campeon's and Everlast proffesional training gloves.

JulioCesaChavez
11-10-2008, 01:39 AM
I do not rate Winning and Title have a few chap and nasty lines too

AJ_7_FAN
11-10-2008, 08:25 AM
so you are saying you don't rate winning or title? What about Grant Vs Everlast?

skyler
11-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Quality doesnt look as good as my real winning gloves.

AJ_7_FAN
11-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeahthey look cheap for sure, almost like the everlast high performance gloves.

rj_ct
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
someone order the training gloves and post a review.

mspiegelo
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
i would have considered ordering a pair of training gloves, but i need 18s, not 16s. im curious to hear someone's review.

mikebrew mentioned fighting's headgear looks to be superior to winning. being that winning is universally considered to be the best headgear on the market, used by de la hoya, pacquiao, margarito, cotto, collazo, vargas, etc. i sincerely doubt it.....

i am also curious about the punch mitts. anyone gets anything, post a review please!

AJ_7_FAN
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
They look appealing. If they are half as good as winning then they should still be better than the rest. Just hope it's not a big hoax. I might consider a pair. I'm in the market for a new pair of training gloves but cannot make up my mind to save my life. I just can't justify spending top dollar for winning ot my mind would be made up.

boxingsmash69
12-18-2008, 03:48 PM
http://store.titleboxing.com/fighting-sports.html

I contacted Winning-USA, to ask about Fighting Sports, he said they have nothing to do with Fighting Sports. He also said that Title has asked him numerous times to partner up, but he kept declining. He also assumes they studied Winning's gloves/headgear, and designed their own version of them.

If you check the SKU # of the Fighting Sports gear, they all start with "WIN".

Also, the words under Winning's logo, say "Fighting Sports World"

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2989/ghjssssza0.jpg

fishy, eh?

supRa
12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
^^^
haha u called them up... buttt yooo mannnn **** i might get those gloves they look niceeeeeee

the original equipment is like 200+ for sparing gloves but they are ****in tight... love them

boxingsmash69
12-18-2008, 05:18 PM
^^^
haha u called them up... buttt yooo mannnn **** i might get those gloves they look niceeeeeee

the original equipment is like 200+ for sparing gloves but they are ****in tight... love them

yeah, the main reason i called was to check the shipping status of my 16oz winning gloves, so i also asked about fighting sports.

winning gloves are worth every penny, by the way. excellent hand protection.

i have a hand injury from landing a very hard right straight on a sparring partner's forehead, from november 2007 (i was using 16oz ringside imf tech gloves). it's in between the middle and knuckle area. it's healing better, but i can still notice it when i land right hands with the imfs.

with the 16oz winning, i decided to throw a hard right straight (with handwraps) onto my WALL. and i didnt feel a thing. (usually i can feel some pain when im using my 16oz imf tech's on the WATER heavybag.)

love em.

ironalex
12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
winning is by far the best boxing gear on the planet, i dont rate the cheek headguard tho, you can move your head well and its light, but it offers little protection and its tight round your head, i heard great things with the facesaver winning one tho, the groin protector and gloves are 10 outta 10 tho for sure. anyone else hear bout you can only have the gold/silver/bronze winning if your a world champ?

MikeBrew328
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
i would have considered ordering a pair of training gloves, but i need 18s, not 16s. im curious to hear someone's review.

mikebrew mentioned fighting's headgear looks to be superior to winning. being that winning is universally considered to be the best headgear on the market, used by de la hoya, pacquiao, margarito, cotto, collazo, vargas, etc. i sincerely doubt it.....

i am also curious about the punch mitts. anyone gets anything, post a review please!

No, I said the headgear looks better than most of the stuff on the market. Like, Everlast, which I have and really just don't like.

MikeBrew328
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
http://store.titleboxing.com/fighting-sports.html

I contacted Winning-USA, to ask about Fighting Sports, he said they have nothing to do with Fighting Sports. He also said that Title has asked him numerous times to partner up, but he kept declining. He also assumes they studied Winning's gloves/headgear, and designed their own version of them.

If you check the SKU # of the Fighting Sports gear, they all start with "WIN".

Also, the words under Winning's logo, say "Fighting Sports World"

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2989/ghjssssza0.jpg

fishy, eh?
Maybe Winning Japan is partnered up with TITLE and USA doesn't like/know of it??...that's really all I can think of. They certainly appear to be a Winning brand/affiliate.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/titleboxing/fighting-banner.gif

boxingsmash69
12-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Maybe Winning Japan is partnered up with TITLE and USA doesn't like/know of it??...that's really all I can think of. They certainly appear to be a Winning brand/affiliate.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/titleboxing/fighting-banner.gif

yeah that's a possibility. after all, the guy i talked to is the guy who imports Winning products from Japan to USA.

Uchi Deshi
12-19-2008, 01:50 AM
The Fighting brand is a knock off of Winning. The Fighting brand is made in China. It has nothing to do with Winning, except that it is a blatant attempt to copy the design and logo. It doesn't even come close to Winning quality.

MikeBrew328
12-19-2008, 02:11 AM
The Fighting brand is a knock off of Winning. The Fighting brand is made in China. It has nothing to do with Winning, except that it is a blatant attempt to copy the design and logo. It doesn't even come close to Winning quality.

Can you prove this??

Eshays!
12-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Can you prove this??
he can pull it out of his arse, does that count?

Actus Reus 21
12-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Theres no way this Fighting sports bull**** is even close to the real winning because think about it, if you could sell a highly popular item for a price of 140-230 why the **** would you sell it for 80 or 90 bucks? whoever believes this **** is just another victim of false advertising!

Uchi Deshi
12-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Can you prove this??

I called Title, and they confimred that the Fighing gloves are not connected at all with the Winning company. They said the gloves are made in Japan, however, instead of China.

mishka80
12-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Can you prove this??

he can pull it out of his arse, does that count?

This is a quote from one of the Title reps (from a couple months ago?) ..so they practically lied to you Uchi Deshi.

"The Fighting sports gloves are made in China. They are made of the
highest quality materials and are similar to Reyes gloves in that
respect. However, they are not the Mexican style gloves that Reyes are.
They do however have a very tight hand compartment offering the sung fit
you're looking for. I hope this is the information you're looking for,
please let me know if I can be of any further assistance."

so if you're happy with gloves that are made in China, then by all means be my guest and purchase the gloves or headgear for that matter. I personally would chip out the dough and go with the Winning gloves. Do your research..theres a lot of proof that Fighting Sports is, in no way; affiliated with Winning.

EDIT: Title is doing a good job on answering the questions about Fighting Sports. First they say China, now they say Japan? My guess is after they received many questions about where the gloves were manufactured people kept asking if they were made in Japan (Which is what most people want to hear, which would make them THINK that FS is affiliated with Winning)....and in order for them to sell.. they would say that they were made in Japan rather than China.......

Then again, if you guys can provide proof that they are affiliated with Winning then please do so.

MikeBrew328
12-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I placed an order with Title the other day and they made an error in my shoe (they said I ordered a size I know I didn't, w/e), so I went on to ask the rep about Fighting Sports...and he said that they are affiliated with Winning but are not as expensive because they're not made in Japan...

I3C727
12-29-2008, 11:06 PM
This is rediculous, someone needs to order them and find out the truth.

MikeBrew328
12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
This is rediculous, someone needs to order them and find out the truth.

I don't think we will ever know!! lol...Even "Fighting Sports" implies that they are a Winning brand but don't go all the way in saying it...

sweet*science
12-30-2008, 12:13 AM
I have a pair of winning boxing gloves they ran me nearly 300 bucks just for the gloves. I doubt those are legit look like knock offs to me.

sweet*science
12-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh yea, look at the avatar, those are winning gloves, just an fyi.

boxingsmash69
12-30-2008, 03:58 AM
Oh yea, look at the avatar, those are winning gloves, just an fyi.

i just got a pair of the 16oz winning gloves. they exceeded my expectations. excellent hand protection.

how do u like em? what size did u get? and what other gloves have u tried?

I3C727
12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think we will ever know!! lol...Even "Fighting Sports" implies that they are a Winning brand but don't go all the way in saying it...

yea i know, i tried some winning gloves on at my gym and they are worth every penny. I dont think these could compare but there is a slim chance.

so someone who has winnig get them and do a comparison review!

h_town_21
12-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey guys I'm interested in buying some Winning Gloves but on the Winning-Usa page I only found 14 oz lace up gloves and I want some 16 oz Lace up gloves..........where can I find some 16 oz lace up Winning Gloves for purchase?

boxingsmash69
12-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey guys I'm interested in buying some Winning Gloves but on the Winning-Usa page I only found 14 oz lace up gloves and I want some 16 oz Lace up gloves..........where can I find some 16 oz lace up Winning Gloves for purchase?

http://winning-usa.com/progloves.html

bottom left, the MS-600.

sweet*science
01-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Boxingsmash, I ve got some 16oz lace ups. Thhe funny thing is prior to that I had 14oz everlast hook and loop gloves, I feel quicker with my heavier gloves! They are simply amazing. I plan to get some grants later on maybe just to have another pair to train in.

Waldo478
01-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I had a pair of the Winnings as a gift. NO WAY I could afford them myself. Just bought the fightings w/ gift certificate and actually arent that bad. Very very similar...I like em. Definately worth the money IMOpinion.

Waldo478
01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
sorry ...new to site....did do a comparison and post though.

Animal Squabbs
01-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Anybody see that? They're on TITLE now, as "Fighting Sports". Gloves/ headgear are pretty reasonable to for the quality, gloves are at 100 and headgear at 90

hahahaha, youre hella dumb. Hahaha, thats a knockoff of Winning.

Waldo478
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Unbeaten 2-0.......awesome man! How long have you been boxing? Good job!!! Keep it going.....

I3C727
01-05-2009, 09:49 PM
I had a pair of the Winnings as a gift. NO WAY I could afford them myself. Just bought the fightings w/ gift certificate and actually arent that bad. Very very similar...I like em. Definately worth the money IMOpinion.

can you post some pics comparing them.

MikeBrew328
01-05-2009, 11:33 PM
A good friend of mine bought the headgear but he's returning it LOL... I tried it on but the cheeks aren't even...one side pops out a bit... but the quality is pretty good

Waldo478
01-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Nice KO vid!!!! Haha! I dont have the old ones....I gave them to my neighbor kid who comes around all of the time....so no pics.....BUT....they are pretty close. Havent tried the hheadgear..............

Pony Boy
01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Okay guys, for Christmas I got myself a new pair of bag gloves and punch mitts. I got the 10 oz fighting Sports Pro Punching Bag Gloves and the Fighting Sport Pro Punching Mitts from Title. So here is my review as a U.S.A. Boxing Coach. I was hoping that they would be as good as Winning products but I hate to disappoint you. The bag gloves and punch mitts are not made with the same same foam that Winning is known for and the finish workmanship of the Fighting Sports gear is no were near as neat and as precise as Winning. The bag gloves are okay for bag work but not as comfortable as Winning and the punch mitts are slightly thicker that the Winnings making them a bit bigger. So if you looking for quality, stick with Winning but if your looking form cheap, then you'll get your monies worth! For the same price of Fighting Sports, you can get yourself some top quality gear like Twins Special gloves or Everlast Professional Mantis Punch Mitts. Another thing, Fighting Sports gear is made in china, not Japan!!

I3C727
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
thanks for the review pony. Someone should still try the 16oz training lace ups and see how the foam is in that one.

Eshays!
01-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Okay guys, for Christmas I got myself a new pair of bag gloves and punch mitts. I got the 10 oz fighting Sports Pro Punching Bag Gloves and the Fighting Sport Pro Punching Mitts from Title. So here is my review as a U.S.A. Boxing Coach. I was hoping that they would be as good as Winning products but I hate to disappoint you. The bag gloves and punch mitts are not made with the same same foam that Winning is known for and the finish workmanship of the Fighting Sports gear is no were near as neat and as precise as Winning. The bag gloves are okay for bag work but not as comfortable as Winning and the punch mitts are slightly thicker that the Winnings making them a bit bigger. So if you looking for quality, stick with Winning but if your looking form cheap, then you'll get your monies worth! For the same price of Fighting Sports, you can get yourself some top quality gear like Twins Special gloves or Everlast Professional Mantis Punch Mitts. Another thing, Fighting Sports gear is made in china, not Japan!!
How to they compare to the other brands? i.e Grant, reyes, everlast ect. Better or worse value for money & quality?

The Misfit
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
How to they compare to the other brands? i.e Grant, reyes, everlast ect. Better or worse value for money & quality?
Hello from the new guy: )

I just got the 16oz training gloves and I think they are really nice feeling/looking. I have used a lot of different brands before including Everlast, Twins, Rival, Title, and I can't think of one of those that fits as nice. Don't get me wrong, they are not Winning, but they are also about a 1/3 of the cost. I have a hard enough time coming up with a $100 for gloves, but $270??? Winning gloves feel SO good, but I just can't justify spending that kind of dough for gloves that i go through in a season. I would say on a scale from 1-100 with Winning being a 100, these Fighting gloves I got are about a 95ish. My Rival gloves were mid 90's, Twins 87ish, Title's were their $40 pair but lasted a good year and half 85, Everlast bag gloves would of been 88ish. That is my two cents on these gloves for what it is worth. If anything changes to my opinion I will definitley let you know but for now they were worth my $100.

Waldo478
01-14-2009, 06:03 PM

I just got the 16oz training gloves and I think they are really nice feeling/looking. I have used a lot of different brands before including Everlast, Twins, Rival, Title, and I can't think of one of those that fits as nice. Don't get me wrong, they are not Winning, but they are also about a 1/3 of the cost. I have a hard enough time coming up with a $100 for gloves, but $270??? Winning gloves feel SO good, but I just can't justify spending that kind of dough for gloves that i go through in a season. I would say on a scale from 1-100 with Winning being a 100, these Fighting gloves I got are about a 95ish. My Rival gloves were mid 90's, Twins 87ish, Title's were their $40 pair but lasted a good year and half 85, Everlast bag gloves would of been 88ish. That is my two cents on these gloves for what it is worth. If anything changes to my opinion I will definitley let you know but for now they were worth my $100.

Thanks Misfit! Good info....

Fenom
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM

No! That is NOT Winning gear!! Its a lower comparitive brand but def not Winning.... i personally know the owner of Winning USA (Kazumichi) and Winning is all I wear

I know its expensive but TRUST ME ITS WELL WORTH IT!!

http://www.winning-usa.com/

I3C727
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM

can you post some multi view pics please.

Eshays!
01-15-2009, 12:50 AM
No! That is NOT Winning gear!! Its a lower comparitive brand but def not Winning.... i personally know the owner of Winning USA (Kazumichi) and Winning is all I wear

I know its expensive but TRUST ME ITS WELL WORTH IT!!

http://www.winning-usa.com/
Get with the thread u wanker, we established that about 5 pages ago

I3C727
01-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Get with the thread u wanker, we established that about 5 pages ago

lol

misfit can you get some pics up?

parrinkinpau
01-17-2009, 06:21 PM

I have in my gym all types of brands, cleto, winning, everlast,grant... you name it

if you want it for training, i would suggest that we all should get winning, is just the best for training, the quality of their equipment is excellent, including the speed bags, the heavybags, the mitts, the headgear, everything in winning is good for training..

the quality is optimus, if you want something for fighting i would recommend in the first place Cleto Reyes and second Grant

The Misfit
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Here are some pics of the gloves. Sorry it took me a bit to post back on here even though I took the photos right after you asked to post them. I have been using them with boxing and MMA training, and they are working great. They are pretty sleek to slide some shots in boxing, and they fit my hand snug when I am training MMA so they don't move around. I really like them so far and they still look good. Hope this helps. Misfit

http://i39.tinypic.com/zskad4.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2yo1i0j.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/34pctiw.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/21mhshh.jpg

I3C727
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
hmm, thanks for the pics man.

paulsinghnl
01-30-2009, 09:57 PM
hey guys, i'm not that experienced with gloves. i heard Winning are one of the best for training, also seeing that all the champs use 'em. so i checked 'em out online. i live in Amsterdam, and as far as i know, there's no retailer in Europe. If there was, they'd prob. even be more expensive than 250, cuz of the shipping, exclusivity and so on. Twins is big here, and u can get Everlast, although that's pretty crap, i've gotten to know. i have Cusley now, which is relatively unknown... it gets the job done, and they're my first pair, still working, so they have a special bond, lol. 16 oz, but not really snug for my hand, roomy.

are the Winning with velcro as good as with lace? i just like velcro much more. lace takes too much time, and u always gotta fiddle with that ****.. any advice on which gloves are the best available in Netherlands/Europe?