View Full Version : Videos of my Fight

!! Shawn
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
First, here is my sparring partner Luke, whom most of you seemed to think was crap.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GwH9RdBlj9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GwH9RdBlj9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is my fight.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evimfwJ8xFc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evimfwJ8xFc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There it is. I was surprised by my hand speed. I felt slower than I looked. My legs felt weak, and they looked even weaker on film.

I tried to slow down the pace as much as I could.

I think I did well all things considered.

punchDrUnK MONK
11-05-2008, 04:16 PM
did u ask ur boy luke if u could put this online??
id be pissed if my buddy put a vid of me sparring online

McAlister
11-05-2008, 04:16 PM
First, here is my sparring partner Luke, whom most of you seemed to think was crap.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GwH9RdBlj9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GwH9RdBlj9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My fight will be up soon. I finally got the video today, I have to rip it from the dvd and put it on youtube.

That black dude didnt do ****... like he was throwin punches slower than my grandma can, lol luke did good th0.... feels good to watch sum am fights... makes me want to get back in it even more

What state are yall in??

Landon S
11-05-2008, 04:23 PM
did u ask ur boy luke if u could put this online??
id be pissed if my buddy put a vid of me sparring online

lol cuz thats what it looks like...sparring. How long has luke been sparring? Id guess maybe 4 months but I know its longer because of when you posted a video of you sparring luke before. I didnt really think luke did very well to be honest, everything looked sloppy and his head movement did little if anything. Congrats to him on the win though.

dfwtx
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Jesus Christ how do people like that figure out how to operate a video camera.

peewee1460
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Jesus Christ how do people like that figure out how to operate a video camera.

the cameraman was my favorite part.

Luke did well but i'm more interested to see your fight

Nacho_Analstain
11-05-2008, 05:38 PM
To be fair Luke didn't look that good Shawn, he looked quite sloppy and slow. On the other hand his defence looked good, he stepped back and used shoulder movement well when the other guy moved in to throw a combo.

Can't wait to see your fight.

PunchDrunk
11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Luke's not crap, just very average for a beginner.

I'd have edited out the "commentary," it might have set a new standard for idiocy...

eman-resu
11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
if I kept my hands that low I'd get yelled at and asked why I was playing with my dick during a fight

seriously like.. isn't the first thing you learned that defense is mostly passive? just having your hands back to defend yourself will block 3/4 of the shots you get.. when you jab your right hand is at your chin and your left shoulder covers the other side and you bring it back fast.. so you're defended at all times and your arms are tight into your body and toward the centerline so you rotate faster, less resistance to turning on the axis and all that ****..

sorry for rambling but seriously he just needs to pull his elbows in and he'll hit harder and be better defended.. don't you get yelled at for ****ing up basic stuff?

!! Shawn
11-05-2008, 11:23 PM
the cameraman was my favorite part.

Luke did well but i'm more interested to see your fight

Ive got to figure out how to rip it off of the dvd and put it on youtube.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:07 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evimfwJ8xFc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evimfwJ8xFc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There it is. I was surprised by my hand speed. I felt slower than I looked. My legs felt weak, and they looked even weaker on film.

skyler
11-06-2008, 04:28 AM

From all the talking you do i expected alot better, both of you were pretty slow.

Undefeated
11-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Man you had so many opportunitys to get back at the kid when he threw those flurries. He was taking a break. You should have jumped on him man.

Trrmo
11-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Fairly close fight but you were too defensive and didn't throw enough leather. To be fair you took alot of his punches on the arms and gloves though which was good. I think you could have won convincingly if you were much more aggressive and used your reach advantage by throwing more jabs, doubling them up and basic left straight right combos.

One other point is that both you and Luke have the habit of doing glove rolls and stylistic arm movements like you did in the training vid. This is a bad habit and can be read and predicted by your opponent.

You probably realise most of this stuff by watching it yourself anyway.

McAlister
11-06-2008, 08:15 AM
I dont even kno which fighter u were... but I will say the shorter guy won.. he was the busy'er fighter.... tall dude had a good philly shell defense against the ropes but he has to remember this is AM boxing.... the judges dont care about that, they see a big teeing off on him they will keep scoring him points

cool vid.

McAlister
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
And you never said where yall from

peewee1460
11-06-2008, 12:14 PM
your form and defense was very good your punching was accurate but your body looked terrible, i don't know how they let you fight. to me, it's surprising that someone in your condition could make through a fight so a big congratulations on fighting no matter what. the only thing i could tell you is throw more punches but that doesn't really help much.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Man you had so many opportunitys to get back at the kid when he threw those flurries. He was taking a break. You should have jumped on him man.

As I have already explained, I was sick and didn't have the energy to take advantage of the opportunities that were available.

Nacho_Analstain
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Surely you lost that fight?

msagrain
11-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Theres a lad at my gym that would out box ur ass. Muhahaha. Just to let you know.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Fairly close fight but you were too defensive and didn't throw enough leather. To be fair you took alot of his punches on the arms and gloves though which was good. I think you could have won convincingly if you were much more aggressive and used your reach advantage by throwing more jabs, doubling them up and basic left straight right combos.

One other point is that both you and Luke have the habit of doing glove rolls and stylistic arm movements like you did in the training vid. This is a bad habit and can be read and predicted by your opponent.

You probably realise most of this stuff by watching it yourself anyway.

Believe me, I wish I could have thrown more punches. I wish I could have jabbed more. I wish I could have come forward after I jumped out. I just didn't have the strength or the energy to do any of that stuff.

I wish I would have gone to the body more too. I only threw one body shot in the whole fight. Left the the body in the 1st round, it seemed to have got his attention a bit too.

If I would have had more strength in my legs I would have. I should have dug to the body when I was on the ropes, but again, I didn't have the energy in my legs to dig in body shots. I didn't have the legs to bring uppercuts on the inside, which would have found him every time.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:33 PM
And you never said where yall from

California, and I am the tall one in blue trunks.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Surely you lost that fight?

Yes I did.

Landon S
11-06-2008, 04:37 PM
As I have already explained, I was sick and didn't have the energy to take advantage of the opportunities that were available.

Man!! Dont make excuses just say "yeah your right I let him get away with too much" its not like it makes you any worse. But I dont want to start an arguement...

I think you definetely should have been more agressive and thrown more man, you hardly threw anything. Your probably used to slow paced sparring, you gotta step that up if you are. I noticed when you throw your right you throw it straight out for the most part but at the end you'll curve down, might want to straighten that out. I also noticed your hand movements, one time it looked like you were just trying to scare him step, step, stepping forward not throwing anything, shaking your hands quickand leaning forward...umm dont do that. Anybody with a quick hook woulda tagged you good. He hit you with a right I think but thats not the point.

Just as a side observation whats with pasty white guys and doing all the hand movements like crazy? all the real pale guys seem to do this...

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:37 PM
your form and defense was very good your punching was accurate but your body looked terrible, i don't know how they let you fight. to me, it's surprising that someone in your condition could make through a fight so a big congratulations on fighting no matter what. the only thing i could tell you is throw more punches but that doesn't really help much.

Believe me, it wasn't easy.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Man!! Dont make excuses just say "yeah your right I let him get away with too much" its not like it makes you any worse. But I dont want to start an arguement...

I think you definetely should have been more agressive and thrown more man, you hardly threw anything. Your probably used to slow paced sparring, you gotta step that up if you are. I noticed when you throw your right you throw it straight out for the most part but at the end you'll curve down, might want to straighten that out. I also noticed your hand movements, one time it looked like you were just trying to scare him step, step, stepping forward not throwing anything, shaking your hands quickand leaning forward...umm dont do that. Anybody with a quick hook woulda tagged you good. He hit you with a right I think but thats not the point.

Just as a side observation whats with pasty white guys and doing all the hand movements like crazy? all the real pale guys seem to do this...

I don't need you telling me not to make excuses. Id be willing to bet money you wouldn't have fought if you were in the condition I was in. Everyone on here was aware of what I have been dealing with. I probably shouldn't have fought. I did. It is what it is. I was not even close to being healthy, it quite obvious from the video.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM

I was limiting his work rate, and buying myself time to catch my breath. I was very very winded by that point in the fight. One of the drawbacks of being anemic.

Undefeated
11-06-2008, 05:42 PM

I didn't know that bro.

Think about it though, if you're sick.. You shouldn't have taken the fight. Its gonna cost you. I know it did.. (I don't like losing so yea, who likes to lose anyway?) Overall your defense looked good, I just got mad at the fact that you ain't press the action when he looked kinda gassed from throwing them combos.

I don't know what you have or if you had a cold or whatnot... If its something more severe... I don't think you should be boxing, if you are not gonna be able to give 100%.

That's what I think.

The Slickster
11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Ok Shawn I am going to be dead honest with you.
The good:Your defense was excellent.
The bad:Your very slow...not just your legs.....your just very slow
The ugly:Dude!
Why dont you throw more punches?
Your the bigger taller man with the longer reach and you barely use your jab!
WTF!!!
You acted as if you were cinderella in there.
You proved the guy could barely hit you so what were you scared of?
That was a horrible offensive performance by you....were is your killer instinct?
USE YOUR ****ING JAB MAN!
You were doing everything in there EXCEPT throwing punches.

I watch your videos(the shoulder roll ones) and I like you but goddamn man the was a really bad performance by you.

Let your ****ing hands go!......you have no reason to be THAT ****ing cautious when the guy is smaller than you and cant hit you.

You need to work the double-end bag more and more road work.

I hope you dont take this wrong because I am using your shoulder roll videos in my training.

GET BACK TO WORK!

The Slickster
11-06-2008, 07:25 PM
By the way....I was anemic when i was a kid so i know what you go through.
I use to get bags under my eyes and have to eat liver(which i hated) and other stuff.
Also i have high blood pressure right now.
You should not have fought like that.

Get 'em next time.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
By the way....I was anemic when i was a kid so i know what you go through.
I use to get bags under my eyes and have to eat liver(which i hated) and other stuff.
Also i have high blood pressure right now.
You should not have fought like that.

Get 'em next time.

Except I am anemic from chronic bleeding.

!! Shawn
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I didn't know that bro.

Think about it though, if you're sick.. You shouldn't have taken the fight. Its gonna cost you. I know it did.. (I don't like losing so yea, who likes to lose anyway?) Overall your defense looked good, I just got mad at the fact that you ain't press the action when he looked kinda gassed from throwing them combos.

I don't know what you have or if you had a cold or whatnot... If its something more severe... I don't think you should be boxing, if you are not gonna be able to give 100%.

That's what I think.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195690

Take that, throw an intestinal parasite into the mix, and that is the condition I fought in.

Should I have not fought? Probably. Do I regret fighting? Not at all. Life is all about pushing yourself to the limits.

peewee1460
11-06-2008, 09:37 PM
off topic, but i sparred six rounds monday. had a ****in blast. :)

cotto16
11-06-2008, 10:22 PM

Here is my fight.

what weight were ya in (kg)

!! Shawn
11-07-2008, 12:30 AM
what weight were ya in (kg)

141lb, don't know what that is in KG.

McAlister
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey man..... now that you kno your colors are black n yellow.. can u order sum black n yellow shorts lol... the blue n white is killing me

not tryna be a ass, jus sayin... atleast look prepared

YUHHHHHHH!
11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Let those hands go. Next time you'll come out of it not thinking about what you could have done.

!! Shawn
11-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey man..... now that you kno your colors are black n yellow.. can u order sum black n yellow shorts lol... the blue n white is killing me

not tryna be a ass, jus sayin... atleast look prepared

When they start making the everlast dazzle mesh trunks in black and yellow I will. Until then... lol.

dfwtx
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I was limiting his work rate, and buying myself time to catch my breath. I was very very winded by that point in the fight. One of the drawbacks of being anemic.

**** like this is going to be your downfall, you're trying to act like a veteran boxer when it is pretty obvious that you're still green. I'm not saying this to insult you and I know the health things that you had going on. What i'm saying is that in order to win your next fight you will need to get some tough sparring in, lose the chip on your shoulder and work on intensity ALOT.

!! Shawn
11-07-2008, 05:56 PM
**** like this is going to be your downfall, you're trying to act like a veteran boxer when it is pretty obvious that you're still green. I'm not saying this to insult you and I know the health things that you had going on. What i'm saying is that in order to win your next fight you will need to get some tough sparring in, lose the chip on your shoulder and work on intensity ALOT.

**** like what? Using a bag of tricks to make the most of my situation?

Do me a favor an don't tell me how I should train when you don't understand me or my body. Intensity is something I have not been able to bring to the ring in well over a year now.

Telling me to work on intensity is just stupid. Its not possible. Hard sparring? Not possible. My body takes too long to heal.

I have physical limitations that I have to work within to keep my body going, to avoid injuries, and to avoid making my medical condition worse instead of better.

dfwtx
11-07-2008, 06:07 PM
You're right. Continue on you will go where you are willing to go.

!! Shawn
11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
You're right. Continue on you will go where you are willing to go.

Didn't mean to sound like a dick or anything, but I am quite fed up with people telling me to do things that I have made abundantly clear that I can't do.

dfwtx
11-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Didn't mean to sound like a dick or anything, but I am quite fed up with people telling me to do things that I have made abundantly clear that I can't do.

I hear you man, I gotta apologize for being a hypocrite and acting like the internet expert. The reason I said that though was because your fight there and my first fight are almost identical and I felt for a minute like I was instructing myself, haha.

sukhenkoy
11-07-2008, 10:23 PM
shawn,
I'm curious as to what your motives are for posting your fight video.

Because if it's to get feedback on your technique, then you're just being ignorant of every single poster on here because every single piece of advice that someone has given you, you've said that you poor showing was because you're in the condition that you're in. Instead of saying that, just take into consideration that people here are trying to help you, and that most people will also take into consideration that you're in a ****ty condition by mentioning it once. We're not stupid.

I don't want to sound heartless, but you're making it seem like you just want people to feel sorry for you, and that you have more balls than anyone on here to go fighting in that piss-poor condition.

If you are suffering that bad, perhaps the last thing your body needs is to go through the rigors of boxing.

Domey
11-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Telling me to work on intensity is just stupid. Its not possible. Hard sparring? Not possible. My body takes too long to heal.

I have physical limitations that I have to work within to keep my body going, to avoid injuries, and to avoid making my medical condition worse instead of better.

Maybe you should retire then? There is no point in fighting if your body cannot take it, and if you cannot train properly.

A fight is intense, and inorder to train for an intense fight, you should be pushing your body to its limit and past it at times. If you are unable to do that, it's best to get out of the sport before you get seriously injured.

!! Shawn
11-07-2008, 10:59 PM
shawn,
I'm curious as to what your motives are for posting your fight video.

Because if it's to get feedback on your technique, then you're just being ignorant of every single poster on here because every single piece of advice that someone has given you, you've said that you poor showing was because you're in the condition that you're in. Instead of saying that, just take into consideration that people here are trying to help you, and that most people will also take into consideration that you're in a ****ty condition by mentioning it once. We're not stupid.

I don't want to sound heartless, but you're making it seem like you just want people to feel sorry for you, and that you have more balls than anyone on here to go fighting in that piss-poor condition.

If you are suffering that bad, perhaps the last thing your body needs is to go through the rigors of boxing.

I post videos because I get requests from people to post videos. People wanted to see my fight, so I post my fight the day I got it.

Ive watched it 50 times already. There is no criticism anyone could give me that I haven't already given myself. I am my toughest critic. I am not asking for sympathy from anyone, I am just explaining to the people that ask why I looked like ****.

!! Shawn
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Maybe you should retire then? There is no point in fighting if your body cannot take it, and if you cannot train properly.

A fight is intense, and inorder to train for an intense fight, you should be pushing your body to its limit and past it at times. If you are unable to do that, it's best to get out of the sport before you get seriously injured.

Or maybe you should f*ck off and look out for your own ass? I can take care of myself. Your response to adversity might be to quit, but its not mine.

msagrain
11-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Have you fought for the usa yet anyway and what your record agen.

Domey
11-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I've never quit a fight fyi, and I have had more fights in half a year then you have had in your whole life.

You sit here and post your videos and tutorials, then post videos of your fight after shooting off at the mouth on these forums since I've joined. So when I see that you had posted a video, after all the talking you have done, I expected alot more.

Just to watch the video and see you making up excuses for this that and the third. Man up. If your body cannot handle the stress of training, then the more you continue to fight, the harder the competition will become. Therefore, you will need more training, and harder training. You cant even train properly for JO fights, how do you expect to compete in an open match?

kryo
11-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't give a **** what you say back to me, but you fought like a *****. The dude didn't force the fight at all and for some reason you still played defense the whole time. I remember I stopped posting here around the time you started and you were always a joke.. seems like you still are. Hahaha.. kid, you just..

AIN'T THAT GOOD.

!! Shawn
11-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Thank you for the kind words friends.

TheTruthIs
11-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Look Shawn, I haven't posted here in a while, and likely won't again for a while...but the last time I was here you were discounting everything and anything people said to you. Constructive criticism included.

I'm not going to harp on you, for I do see you have a passion for the sport. You do not have a natural affinity for it, sick or not. And yes...if you want to keep fighting beyond your illness, then by all means, go for it if you enjoy it. That is what life is all about.

Now realizing that not everyone is going to excel in this sport, in fact really few will as genetics often just don't dictate it...how about considering using your passion for the sport to help others. Have you sought any coaching certification? I think all fighters should have atleast a level 1 certification.

It may be a way for you to continue to be in the sport if your physical condition doesn't allow for successful fighting. And you may find gratification is helping others. New fighters. Experienced fighters, working corners, helping with training. Working your way through the levels up to and including levels capable of training and cornering competition at a level as high as the Olympics.

Just some thoughts, and good luck in whatever you decide.

Oriachim
11-11-2008, 12:31 PM
If you was in such bad condition, such bad condition you had no stamina to throw punches, you shouldn't of taken the fight. The guy you was fighting, had lots of stamina, lots of energy, and because of that, he beat you.