View Full Version : LA dojos...

ralphus
11-10-2003, 12:52 AM
Anyone have any experience with any of the schools out here in LA? I'm looking for one... I know of Gokor's Hayastan, Wander Braga, 10th Planet, Beverly Hills JJ. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

DOGGx0
11-11-2003, 11:42 AM
10th Planet JJ is great and so is Beverly Hills JJ..... the home of many great fighters. A few more are as follows:

House Of Champions (Sherman Oaks, CA)
www.houseofchampions.com

Angel City Gym
(former gym of UFC vet, Jermemy Jackson and current gym of Robert Ferguson)

RVT Ruas Vale Tudo (Mission Viejo, CA)
(current gym of Marco Ruas, Debbie Percell, Joe Morriera, Pedro Rizzo and many more)

Next Generation (Irvine, CA)
(current gym of Chris Brennan, Erica Montoya, Tracy Hess and many more)
www.chrisbrennan.com

Punchout (Tustin, CA)
(current gym of fighting stars such as: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Aaron Brink, Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez, Bobby "The Pitbull" Gamboa, and many more... with the ultimate trainer.... OYAMA!!!)

HB Ultimate Training Center (Huntington Beach, CA)
(current gym of fighting stars such as: Fabiano Iha, Tiki Ghosen, Randy Bauer, "Razor" Rob McCollough, and many more..... and former gym of: (still comes by to train tho)- Paul Herrera and all of the guys from "PUNCHOUT".)
www.fabianoiha.com

House Of Champions is ALWAYS open, they got alot of great fighters that showcase in K-1 and Boxing events. Great place to train, lots of great people that are always willing to help and the place is ****in huge.

Punchout, they have some of the greatest fighters/ champions there...... it is an expensive fee to train there for obvious reasons..... unless you are on the team. So as you can see, it is a place to train for more of a MMA career driven individual and/ or on a A or B level fighting bracket.

HB Ultimate Training Center, open at certain, repeated times. Great jiu-jitsu place..... with trainers and fighters, Fabiano Iha and Randy Bauer. For stand up, they got Tiki and Razor. They also got a workout room which comes along with membership. Its the overall perfect gym, aside from not being open all the time... like HOC.

hopefully this helps in making your decision. If ever you want to train, look me up.

Kempo Chris
11-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Lots of great places to train