View Full Version : Me and Aziz Sparring

King James III
10-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Me and my buddy Aziz sparring at Mcgarry's Gym....he got the best of me in the second and third rounds cause I gased out...im not used to sparring 3 rounders and 18 ounce gloves

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNIXhT3W4ew&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNIXhT3W4ew&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JoHnNyBoXeR
10-24-2008, 12:04 AM
the bigger guy( the guy with the black shirt with no blue on the front) is pretty good.. i like the in and out movement and boxing.. he made a few bad steps with his feet here and there but overall he was pretty good.. u dont spar 3 rounds? what are u used to sparring? you are pretty good too but not as experienced as the other guy and it shows

King James III
10-26-2008, 02:17 PM
the bigger guy( the guy with the black shirt with no blue on the front) is pretty good.. i like the in and out movement and boxing.. he made a few bad steps with his feet here and there but overall he was pretty good.. u dont spar 3 rounds? what are u used to sparring? you are pretty good too but not as experienced as the other guy and it shows

lol whats funny is that the other guy has no fights yet...and Im in da open division. But yea hes a good fighter

Oriachim
10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
You were trying to hard to be fancy, he was keeping it simple, taking his time, while you came in like a steam train.

King James III
10-26-2008, 02:52 PM

You were trying to hard to be fancy, he was keeping it simple, taking his time, while you came in like a steam train.

Thats just my style....and **** hes fast thats the only way i could get to him. We were using heavy ass 18ounces and he still was fast.

!! Shawn
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Thats just my style....and **** hes fast thats the only way i could get to him. We were using heavy ass 18ounces and he still was fast.

That was some pretty good sparring. You need to become more mobile with your feet. The reason he was getting the best of you is because when he came forward he brought his feet with him. When you came forward, you left your feet behind and lunged. I don't believe for a second that he has no fights either.

King James III
10-26-2008, 03:13 PM
That was some pretty good sparring. You need to become more mobile with your feet. The reason he was getting the best of you is because when he came forward he brought his feet with him. When you came forward, you left your feet behind and lunged. I don't believe for a second that he has no fights either.

He hasnt fought yet...hes been training for like 2 years though hes waiting for the Golden Gloves....

bbos
10-28-2008, 03:47 AM
both of you let your hands drop too many times, but other then that you guys look pretty seasoned. one instance where I say you slip his jab and did nothing, that would have been a perfect setup for a right hand to the body.

what weight class are you?

also that ring is rather small, which I like becuase I fight on the inside a lot.

King James III
10-28-2008, 04:54 AM
both of you let your hands drop too many times, but other then that you guys look pretty seasoned. one instance where I say you slip his jab and did nothing, that would have been a perfect setup for a right hand to the body.

what weight class are you?

also that ring is rather small, which I like becuase I fight on the inside a lot.

We are both 147...even though the actual limit is 152.

Unknown Champ
10-28-2008, 05:01 AM
pretty solid skills, you should be proud.

King James III
10-28-2008, 05:05 AM
pretty solid skills, you should be proud.

Thanks man

RJJp4pbaby
10-28-2008, 05:22 AM
You both need to get more snappy with the jabs and get faster too and throw a few combos. You need to get more serious insparring and not be friends for three minutes. Why has he not fought yet and why is he waiting for golden gloves? Sopunds stupid. he should be fighting in preparation for any major tourney's.

King James III
10-28-2008, 05:26 AM
You both need to get more snappy with the jabs and get faster too and throw a few combos. You need to get more serious insparring and not be friends for three minutes. Why has he not fought yet and why is he waiting for golden gloves? Sopunds stupid. he should be fighting in preparation for any major tourney's.

Because AM boxing is really corrupted in Chicago...and he feels that he just wants to train his ass off before the gloves come around

PunchDrunk
10-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Because AM boxing is really corrupted in Chicago...and he feels that he just wants to train his ass off before the gloves come around

Still not very smart. Real fight experience is crucial. No matter how well he performs in the gym, no one will know how good he is in a real fight until he's been in one, and his reluctance to get in there seems to suggest he might have some issues... In am boxing you always risk losing, but it's all a learning experience. He needs to get in there, the more experience he has before the gloves, the bigger his chances.

King James III
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Still not very smart. Real fight experience is crucial. No matter how well he performs in the gym, no one will know how good he is in a real fight until he's been in one, and his reluctance to get in there seems to suggest he might have some issues... In am boxing you always risk losing, but it's all a learning experience. He needs to get in there, the more experience he has before the gloves, the bigger his chances.

Yea i keep telling him that...but hell probably have a fight sometime soon I keep pushing him to do so.

-GBGQ-
10-28-2008, 06:41 AM

Where are you guys boxing at in the Chi??

McAlister
10-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Good shii.. you in my weight class, thas whassup...

Only thing I dont get is how you are open, and you said you gassed out because your not use to sparring 3 rds. (tho u said with 18 oz gloves on, i mean 14,16,18 w.e you should still be use to sparring 'atleast' 3 rds being Open)

PunchDrunk
10-28-2008, 07:20 AM
I think he meant 3 minute rounds...

McAlister
10-28-2008, 07:21 AM

I think the sparring was fine, they was in there working... thats all it is, its not lets be enemies for 3rds and try to take each others heads off... thats not what sparring is for

What they did is fine for what it is, now when their gym goes to another gym for a sparring exhibition, THEN thats when they come wit it, on a "serious" note.. and treat it like a fight

James, u kno u have more experience than alotta ppl postin on this board... u gotta block out sum of the shii these ppl be tellin u lol

McAlister
10-28-2008, 07:22 AM
I think he meant 3 minute rounds...

oh aight... yeah he prolly did, that makes more sense

PunchDrunk
10-28-2008, 07:23 AM
I think the sparring was fine, they was in there working... thats all it is, its not lets be enemies for 3rds and try to take each others heads off... thats not what sparring is for

What they did is fine for what it is, now when their gym goes to another gym for a sparring exhibition, THEN thats when they come wit it, on a "serious" note.. and treat it like a fight
James, u kno u have more experience than alotta ppl postin on this board... u gotta block out sum of the shii these ppl be tellin u lol

Definitely agreed.

King James III
10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Where are you guys boxing at in the Chi??

Well he trains at Chicago boxing Club.....and I train at McGarry's boxing club

-GBGQ-
10-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Well he trains at Chicago boxing Club.....and I train at McGarry's boxing club

Where are those at?

I'm going back to Jabb next week.

King James III
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Where are those at?

I'm going back to Jabb next week.

Chicago Boxing Club is on 35th and Halstead...McGarry's is on 102nd and Hoyne. Mcgarry's is free though so thats where I go

Nacho_Analstain
10-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Everybody listen to the radio on round one, that just tripped me out ... it was an advertisement selling gonorrhea and chlamydia ... SELLING IT!

King James III
10-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Everybody listen to the radio on round one, that just tripped me out ... it was an advertisement selling gonorrhea and chlamydia ... SELLING IT!

lol....must a been a joke ad