View Full Version : since you guys run 5+ miles a day...

Idgas
10-23-2008, 02:01 PM
...do you guys experience a runner's high every time? how long into the run does it kick in? just wondering.

Iamnotausername
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I wouldnt say I ever get a runners high. I usually struggle for the first couple of miles, and after that it all seems to come easier and I can pick up the pace without feeling it that much.

When I'm finished I'm ****in knackered though!

BrooklynBomber
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I only ever experienced runners high if I run on a treadmill at 9+ mph speed.
Usually after long runs I experience cramps and upset stomach.

alza1988
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Take some caffeine before you run for a high
http://boxingscene.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=1999

Ukr_Alex
10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
No such thing, running is the devils exercise...

Id rather move furniture for 5 hours then run for 1. :(

pete89
10-23-2008, 05:33 PM
i dont run 5 miles a day, i do about 3 or 4 miles 3x a week minimum and i do honestly get a runners high every time. only when i do it with my headphones on and at a slower pace. if im sprinting or going very fast i feel like nothing but ****. lol

Ramamaiden
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
never heard of this before :P...sounds interesting and i think i have felt it sometimes but at very low intensity. it must be great to feel it every time i run, i would have no problem running if that was the case xD.

eman-resu
10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
never heard of this before :P...sounds interesting and i think i have felt it sometimes but at very low intensity. it must be great to feel it every time i run, i would have no problem running if that was the case xD.

I get it after 40 minutes or so.. pretty much never get it on my regular 4 mile runs, just feel tired after

We want Floyd
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM
No such thing, running is the devils exercise...

Id rather move furniture for 5 hours then run for 1. :(Yeah, no kiddin'. Running is by far the most effective calorie burning/stamina building cardio workout out there, but I hate it with a passion.

RJJp4pbaby
10-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I enjoy it once I am done as I feel rejuvenated and full of energy for the day. But what on earth is a runners high? Can someone please elaborate.

bbos
10-28-2008, 03:14 AM
I enjoy it once I am done as I feel rejuvenated and full of energy for the day. But what on earth is a runners high? Can someone please elaborate.

A runner's high occurs when one performs high intensity excerises such as running(but not limited to). This triggers one's brain to release massive amounts of hormone called endorphines (you body's natural pain killer per say) which produces a subtle feeling of euphoria.

I enjoy the runner's high, but not as much as actually getting high by smoking pot LOL, I have recently combined the runner's high with the high of marjuana and the effects are well worth.

RJJp4pbaby
10-28-2008, 03:19 AM
I never had this runners high thing. Sometimes I feel a bit like i'm floating, maybe it is that. Never got a proper high except when smoking weed. That was some goood ****. Too much weed smoking ****s you up though and nowadays i only do it every three months with a bird, but then i drop a blue boy and screw her brains out so i dobnt get cabbaged.

bbos
10-28-2008, 03:25 AM
I never had this runners high thing. Sometimes I feel a bit like i'm floating, maybe it is that. Never got a proper high except when smoking weed. That was some goood ****. Too much weed smoking ****s you up though and nowadays i only do it every three months with a bird, but then i drop a blue boy and screw her brains out so i dobnt get cabbaged.

Glad to see a fellow toker, but back to the runner's high, again the feeling is subtle, that sense of floating, wellness and relaxation after an intense workout is the high itself.

RJJp4pbaby
10-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Oh I see. i just thought my head was light coz i just had a run. Dopeople get addicted to it?

J4YBE3
10-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh I see. i just thought my head was light coz i just had a run. Dopeople get addicted to it?

when i get home after running om usually gasping for air as the last stretch i sprint as fast as possible but once i can breath again i feel on top of the world! maybe this is the runners high

Tuggers1986
10-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Th first 1-2 mile is the hardest part of my run, after that I normally start feeling quite good but I wouldn't call it a high.

bbos
10-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Th first 1-2 mile is the hardest part of my run, after that I normally start feeling quite good but I wouldn't call it a high.

you usually feel the SUBTLE high after the workout.