View Full Version : Holmes vs Foreman

INFAMOUZ
11-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Holmes vs foreman in their prime and and now?

I'd say Foreman beats him in their prime and holmes beats him now. their both 55, holmes has him in reach and im sure Foreman has him in weight. i think this would be a better fight then most of the heavy weights can but out now. Like John Ruiz and Brewster

cple
11-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Holmes can take Foreman's punch or at least rise up from one and fight on well. Holmes outboxes Foreman to a clear decision.

Dude
11-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Holmes uses his underrated speed and his dominating jab to keep Foreman at long distance. A prime Foreman would have his moments and though Holmes has a good chin with a puncher like Big George you never know. In 7 out of 10 I'd give it to Holmes in a lopsided UD because he was stylewise poison for Foreman.

ibeestingin
11-07-2004, 03:12 AM
Yeah, i think foreman would KO holmes mid rounds. holmes reach would keep foreman at bay for a while, but he wouldnt make the same mistake he made against ali. He would KO in 7 or 8.

marvdave
11-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Holmes by UD.

Riddick
11-07-2004, 08:46 AM
I think Holmes has perfect style to give George trouble. He is tall and rangy, he has good movement and one of the best jabs in history. That's terrible matchup for George but of course his huge punching power could bail him out. Still Iam gonna say Holmes by lopsided decision.

GxBrak
11-07-2004, 11:41 AM
what's the point of speculating who would win now, they're senior citizens

dempseyfire
11-07-2004, 06:26 PM
It was very hard to outjab Foreman when he chose to use his own (Chuvalo, Norton, and Lyle fights). But Holmes's left was better then those mentioned, but Foreman's jab was stiffer and harder.. In the battle of jabs, usually the harder, not the faster, jab wins b/c it puts his opponent more off balance and off his equilibrium. But Larry was technically better then George and put punches together after the jab better then George did. This is really an even contest. I think in 10 fights, Holmes wins 6 and George 4, although it could be the other way round . . . :D

BoxingPromoter
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
If both were in prime, Holmes would beat foreman in a tuff

12 round decision. If Holmes and Foreman met in the 90s, I would

pick Foreman. Right now, I would still pick foreman.

FistoftheDallasStar
11-08-2004, 03:19 AM
Right now big George would win by late round TKO.

jabsRstiff
11-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Prime Larry Holmes could handle big punchers...
Prime George Foreman never showed he could handle an excellent boxer.

Holmes TKO14 Foreman.

jabsRstiff
11-08-2004, 11:49 AM
If both were in prime, Holmes would beat foreman in a tuff

12 round decision. If Holmes and Foreman met in the 90s, I would

pick Foreman. Right now, I would still pick foreman.

All FANTASY FIGHTS are to be scheduled for 15 rounds !

SonnyG8R
11-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Wow, this would be a very interesting fight. I wouls give foreman a slight advantage. Holmes had all he could handle with Shavers and Foreman was a better boxer than Ernie.

jabsRstiff
11-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Wow, this would be a very interesting fight. I wouls give foreman a slight advantage. Holmes had all he could handle with Shavers and Foreman was a better boxer than Ernie.

Sonny....

In 20 rounds of boxing...Shavers only troubled Holmes in a half of one of those rounds.
Yeah....it was bad trouble.

Foreman would not, & could not hit Larry as hard as Shavers hit Holmes.
That's the best punch I've ever seen a guy take, drop, get up, & come back from..... to win

tntkid
11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Sonny....

In 20 rounds of boxing...Shavers only troubled Holmes in a half of one of those rounds.
Yeah....it was bad trouble.

Foreman would not, & could not hit Larry as hard as Shavers hit Holmes.
That's the best punch I've ever seen a guy take, drop, get up, & come back from..... to win

I agree, I couldn't believe it when Holmes got up from that shot.

tony
11-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Holmes takes the better shot. Holmes would school George with his jab but get caught with a heavy shot occasionally to produce some tricky moments for Larry but he'd recover. Big George would tire later on and Holmes would turn it on. Maybe even winning by a late stoppage.

Keleneki
11-16-2004, 03:56 AM
In their primes and at present, I would pick Larry Holmes. Holmes might have been caught and went down in their primes but I think that he would have recovered and taken the decision. I base my assumptions on what I believe to be the fact that Larry Holmes was the technically superior boxer. Also, he would not have been intimidated by Foreman like so many of Big George's opponents were of him in the first part of his career.

Ivansmamma
11-23-2004, 05:12 AM
I think Foreman would KO him.

tony
11-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Holmes wins by UD. I wouldn't even think it would be that close to be honest. Holmes could take a great shot, he had one of the best chins ever. I imagine him taking the occasional big shot but ultimately keeping Big George on the end of that jab for the whole fight.

Argentina
11-24-2004, 01:00 PM

I'd say Foreman beats him in their prime and holmes beats him now. their both 55, holmes has him in reach and im sure Foreman has him in weight. i think this would be a better fight then most of the heavy weights can but out now. Like John Ruiz and Brewster

Foreman's just too good for Holmes. He'd bully him, push him into the ropes, and definteily get hte knockout. But he's really gotta watch out for that jab. ;)

foremanfan
11-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Pre Ali Foreman I think would overwhelm prime Holmes. The 90s version of each guy I still go for Foreman with either a points win or late ko.

gogan
12-14-2004, 10:02 PM
prime foreman would murder prime holmes. prime foreman had no concideration for his victims. he would turn him into a vegtibal

jabsRstiff
12-15-2004, 11:43 AM
prime foreman would murder prime holmes. prime foreman had no concideration for his victims. he would turn him into a vegtibal

Wow....what a breakdown !

As if Holmes was Joe ****in' Roman !

Great
12-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Very good fight. But I don`t know:)

leff
12-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Big geioge in his prime would have koed larry brutaly if they meet now i dont realy know what the outcome would be.

hambone
12-28-2004, 05:03 PM
holmes had power, but he didn't have the skills that foreman possessed later in his career.

Ivansmamma
12-28-2004, 09:03 PM
In their prime Holmes would get KO:ed early, none could withstand prime Foreman, except Ali.

M26
12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Larry Holmes was almost at Ali level in his prime, but I´m still guessing that Foreman would knock him out within 3-4 rounds. He would probably overwhelm Holmes with his awesome power. I give Holmes a fair chance though, if he manages to survive the first half of the fight. Then he would win by UD. But most likely, the fight would never make it that far.

Soundtraveler
12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Big George by KO somewhere in the rounds between 7 through 10 I would have to say. Foreman has too much power for Holmes, even now...

MGG
12-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Holmes had superior skills to Foreman, believe he held the Heavyweight championship for seven(?) years, Holmes wins by UD.
Though a familiar Foreman scenario could unfold with Foreman tiring late. ;)

Sidestep_1
01-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Today a fight makes no sense, at any other time I would´ve picked Foreman by KO.

Johnny_Rocket
01-10-2005, 08:54 PM
At first I thought Foreman but after reading the opinions of others Im not sure now. Foreman has that devastating power but if Holmes can beat Shavers then Foreman cant be too much harder

Mr. Untouchable
01-10-2005, 10:24 PM

I'd say Foreman beats him in their prime and holmes beats him now. their both 55, holmes has him in reach and im sure Foreman has him in weight. i think this would be a better fight then most of the heavy weights can but out now. Like John Ruiz and BrewsterI think holmes beat the sh*t out of foreman then and now...

jayrichardse
01-30-2005, 11:58 PM
holmes would distroy forman

jayrichardse
01-30-2005, 11:58 PM
and this is a real stupid question

lmnorw
02-25-2005, 03:35 PM
again ali fought shavers and foreman and clearly stated foreman was the hardest puncher he ever faces and he never got hit with a clean foreman punch.shavers knocked holmes down and almost out with one punch.shavers didnt have a good jab or didnt really do anything else well besides punch.he couldnt take a punch well and holmes went the distance and then stopped him late in the second fight.so why do you believe he could handle foremans punch?and nobody in foremans prime out boxed foreman no norton no piralta no ali no anybody so why do you think holmes could?foreman wasnt a slow lumbering boxer who threw wild punches.foreman came out boxing but his hands were so heavy he knocked out 42 of the 45 fighters he beat in his prime...if holmes had a ***** of a time keeping norton off him then again why do you think he could do this to foreman?you now why because he couldnt 3 round is all i could give holmes.his jab was his only weapon and even that wasnt as good as foremans..you would think so because of how people act like it was .he just threw it because he had nothing else to throw really.foreman was a better body puncher a better hooker had the better uppercut the better jab the better right hand the better chin and was much tougher physically.so get off holmes ***..the man fought people on the tell end of there career and barely won .he beat people after fraizer ali and foreman went through them first.tyson was willing to fight holmes but never foreman so what does that tell you about holmes?the man is highly overated.a good champ sure but he couldnt carry the likes of ali foreman or fraizers jock strap