View Full Version : To new folk coming to the forum due to Kimbo.

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-05-2008, 10:18 AM
What you have experianced last night or right now if you read the news is the unpredictability of MMA. While it's not a common occurance that one would pull out a fight days or even hours before a match would happen, it has been known to arise from time to time.

Jared Shaw felt the full brunt of what happens in the day to day life of a MMA promoter. And he failed to adapt to it. Kimbo could in no way shape or form deny the challenge of Seth Petruzelli based on the fact that he was hyped as a man who took all challenges. Well, he lost his dance partner and he had to take a new one.

Now, many will come in here to gloat, brag and laugh at the evidence that the "face of MMA" got beating up last night. The fact is no one in the MMA community ever excepted Kimbo as the face. While Sports Media hemmed and hawes at him as the face, the truth was he was just a rookie making an honest dollar.

The community needed him to lose though. Not because there was jelousey of his status, but because they saw through to what his organization really was. A toy for which to keep a boxing promoter credible while building fighters and fights the same way a booking commitee of a sports entertainment company hypes all their tv shows. The loss was not only supposed to be a learning experiance to tell Kimbo you can not totally rely on your knockout power in these kinds of fights, the loss would also be a very stern warning to the Shaws in that one of this sports main pillars is it's unpredictability and that you can not contain it in any way shape or form.

The loss finally came and hopefully something is learned.

But I'm not holding my breath.

1bad65
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Showtime will be acquiring Elite very soon. I'm fairly certain their first order of business will be to fire the Shaw morons.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/09/18/showtime-begins-formal-talks-to-acquire-elitexc/

neils7147933
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
The announcers say that you will never see that in boxing, but I've seen it. I remember when Ricardo Mayorga was overweight vs. Jose Antonio Rivera and Rivera wouldn't fight him, Eric Mitchell stepped in and fought Mayorga. El Matador won that bout, but it does happen in boxing...that was on a PPV!

It happens all the time at the lower levels.