View Full Version : Kimbo exposed

Viktor777
10-04-2008, 11:07 PM
lmfao wow...

neils7147933
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Shamrock forgot to give the kid the script...

TheGreatA
10-04-2008, 11:09 PM
What a joke.

I'm not surprised one bit.

enadeus
I don't know who didn't see this coming after the switch checking the record of Seth.

Got knocked out by a jab from a 205 pound fighter.

Viktor777
lmao 10 seconds into the fight it gets stopped. And to think he wanted to fight Mike Tyson. Even at this stage Tyson would kill him.

DPR
10-04-2008, 11:10 PM
i have a feeling that kimbo's gonna disappear from the public eye pretty soon.

1bad65
10-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Got KO'd by a 205lb guy! LMFAO!!!

He was out too. He tried to take down the ref! Out cold!

DPR
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i wonder if they'll hype the guy that beat him up as the next baddest man on the planet.

Viktor777
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i wonder if they'll hype the guy that beat him up as the next baddest man on the planet.

Baddest man on the planet has a pink mouthgaurd.

1bad65
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM

They can't. Seth was shown to be a B-level fighter in the UFC.

Dorian
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
i remember seth from the ultimate fighter and the ufc, hes a though guy and knew he could do it, well done seth

RisAri0
10-04-2008, 11:14 PM
He should try to take up pro wrestling, he has the built for it. Although I question his discipline for the WWE.

enadeus
10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I think they going to have them have a rematch. Also that back of the head shot that Seth gave him after the knockdown they going to complaint about to warrant a rematch. My opinion.

Papa Ace
10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
damn i didnt knew a jab could do that damage :D the moment it connected he was out of it, all in 14 seconds!

neils7147933
10-04-2008, 11:21 PM
LOL at the Rocky comparisons

neils7147933
10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I think they going to have them have a rematch. Also that back of the head shot that Seth gave him after the knockdown they going to complaint about to warrant a rematch. My opinion.
they're going to talk about the "Kimbo resurgence" when he beats Shamrock in that rescheduled bout, but Kimbo is already damaged goods...

jakkups
10-04-2008, 11:24 PM
To quote myself from a previous thread...

Personally I praise Kimbo for doing something he obviously loves to do and getting paid very well for it. However, the fact remains that Kimbo's a bum from the streets, and he is still a bum from the streets and will forever be a bum from the streets. His MMA career is no different from his street fights because he is still fighting bums.

But soon enough when he gets a real challenge and by that I mean a hungry, up and comer or for that matter a ranked and proven heavyweight who isn't already shot and is just there for the name recognition, his luck will run out. And when that happens I will happily line up glasses of Drano for all the Kimbo sackriders to chug down and crawl back under the rocks from which they came.

And in the words of Brandon Vera "don't believe the hype, just believe what you see". The hype's over so start drinking nuthuggers! :beerchug:

Cuauhtémoc1520
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
The funny thing is, when I saw who he was fighting, I called the "upset". I remember this kid from the Ultimate Fighter and knew he had good strikes.

Oh well, I think Kimbo still has some exciting fights left but it was a disappointment.

StillUnknown
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
EliteXC is probably going to go belly up pretty quickly

they're losing money left and right, and Kimbo being embarrassed is only going to make it worse

jakkups
10-04-2008, 11:48 PM
What makes this even funnier is that Dana White has even more fuel to **** all over EliteXC's biggest draw by having a guy, who he will probably say couldn't make it in the UFC, knock out Kimbo in 14 seconds. Dana must be loving this right now. lol.

1bad65
10-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Jakkups, you did call it right. As did I.

When I saw that pre-fight interview, I knew he was done. He had expected to beat on a 44-year old man who hadn't won a fight in 5 years. Once he found out he was fighting a legit guy in his prime, he mentally quit. You could see it on his face.

1bad65
10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I can't wait to see Dana's gloating either.

jakkups
10-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I guess now Tito is gonna use every bit of his stroke to get as much money out of EliteXC as possible now that they're in dire need of some star power, and at least with Tito you get a proven legit fighter with accomplishments above and beyond anyone of their stars at present.

YUHHHHHHH!
10-05-2008, 12:03 AM
As soon as I heard they replaced him with, I called the First Round TKO loss for Kimbo.

neils7147933
10-05-2008, 12:05 AM
EliteXC is probably going to go belly up pretty quickly

they're losing money left and right, and Kimbo being embarrassed is only going to make it worse
Showtime is in negotiations to buy the company right now...and Tito Ortiz is close to signing...

Gareth Ivanovic
10-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Well there goes the Slice of Cheese train. Great now the hype train is over and we dont' have to hear about it anymore. Like i've always thought once he got in there against somebody with a pulse it was over and it was.

1bad65
10-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Showtime is in negotiations to buy the company right now...and Tito Ortiz is close to signing...

Showtime can get them cheap too!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aiutnk.fvi.BK8f9BEx2u5M5nYcB?slug=dw-kimbo100108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

MJ406
10-05-2008, 12:12 AM
yeah really, about time Kimbo went down.

El Ceja
10-05-2008, 12:15 AM
anybody have a link or stream...i'm in vegas and nobody is showing the fight...

Gareth Ivanovic
10-05-2008, 12:17 AM
anybody have a link or stream...i'm in vegas and nobody is showing the fight...
In NSB there is a video. It barely lasted 20 second's if that.

jakkups
10-05-2008, 12:19 AM
here ya go
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4148702&postcount=94

Papa Ace
10-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Y'all might be forgettin David Blaine already exposed Kimbo :D

TheGreatA
10-05-2008, 12:31 AM
It annoys me because some people act as if Kimbo was some top MMA fighter who was exposed.

The guy couldn't fight and every knowledgeable MMA fan knew it.

KESSLER
10-05-2008, 12:34 AM
It annoys me because some people act as if Kimbo was some top MMA fighter who was exposed.

Too right.

Mike Tyson77
10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
MMA's best fighter got KO'd in 10 seconds! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gareth Ivanovic
10-05-2008, 12:38 AM

I agree. I mean I like boxing a lot better than MMA, but I understood Kimbo didn't represent an MMA fighter. He was just a street fighter that was marketed to make money and present an image.

DPR
10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
i just found it funny how the announcer was saying that this was the most amazing mma fight ever and was acting like butterbean knocked out a prime tyson.

MetalVomit
10-05-2008, 01:12 AM
ehl oh ehl.

that announcer with the glasses is an annoying ass dude. no offense.

Alexis Vastine
10-05-2008, 02:05 AM
It wasn't the first time.

kaps
10-05-2008, 02:21 AM
Knocked out. By a Jab. By a LHW. To good to be true. Wonder if this is gonna push Brett Rogers turn to kick his ass back even further now?

Spare Moody
10-05-2008, 02:30 AM
MMA's best fighter got KO'd in 10 seconds! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:dunce: .........

kaps
10-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Anyone notice Jared Shaw's reaction? He was screaming somthing at the ref. Seeing how he reacted it really makes you wonder about the Thompson stoppage....

kaps
10-05-2008, 02:36 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/t80twg.gif

Here you can see Shaw sitting next too Hulk...
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/bukorki/Skala/backofthehead.gif

Palma
10-05-2008, 02:36 AM
Anyone notice Jared Shaw's reaction? He was screaming somthing at the ref. Seeing how he reacted it really makes you wonder about the Thompson stoppage....

Sure he was! His meal ticket was being trashed to a pulp!

crillz
10-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Too many haters, you people WANTED to see him lose, so much that you can't even applaud his heart.. he may be a very limited skilled fighter but you guys are sacks of horse **** as fans. what Kimbo did today took heart, he fought a dude he knew absolutely nothing about whom had an extensive record in UFC while Kimbo has only been a pro for just over a year. the difference in competition was amazing but Kimbo STILL fought him and you *******s can only point out the KO.

see don't ge me wrong I knew this would come, guys like Kimbo are too slow and sluggish, they fight brutally only and not necessarily skilled. see this is what I hate about you MMA ****suckers, you ***** and complain about how MMA doesn't get enough respect but when a guy like Kimbo comes threw with a fearless attitude you bash him, it's actually very sickening. like it or not the man who just got knocked out in 10 seconds by a jab against a much smaller man sells more tickets than any of your favorite fighters and best believe this rematch will sell too.

Kimbo didn't know any of this guys strengths or weaknesses, he just fought like a street fight and got hit with something he didn't see, something like how Fedor caught Sylvia, how The Horse caught Noons and things of such. Kimbo isn't perfect and by hating him so much you all just contributed to his hype because whether in a negative way or positive way you speak his name you are keeping his rep alive and strong. he'll be back strong, instead of bashing him while he's down I'll say that I don't think the ref should have stopped it, he was in an awkward position and he should have had more time to try something even in such a bad position but **** it he lost then he lost. even still on paper he was the favorite but in truth he was overmatched times 10 and if you gullible idiots could set aside your hate and see truth over bull**** you'll notice that a man with Kimbo's upbringing in fighting overall, only having just 1 year under his belt he shouldn't even have been fighting this dude but since he's not scared he did.

Gojira
10-05-2008, 04:39 AM
i liked how at the weight in they announce him by "the internet street fighting phenom"!

j
10-05-2008, 05:48 AM
does catching a good punch mean being exposed? is there anyone who is immune to being knocked out?

and i don't want to hear **** about weight. how much a person weighs doesn't mean too much if the person is trained to throw a punch with efficient force.

having said that, everyone i know has always said kimbo is overhyped. and i agree. but i still like watching him fight. and that is what matters really.

Blair_Wells#32
10-05-2008, 06:03 AM
extensive ufc record....are u talkin about seth...who got beat down by 205 pounder matt hammill.
ahh face it kimbo got beat, not by a equal heavyweight but by a LHW. Dana Whites's probabaly laughin his ass off now like i was after the fight :P

Arka
10-05-2008, 06:12 AM
does catching a good punch mean being exposed? is there anyone who is immune to being knocked out?

and i don't want to hear **** about weight. how much a person weighs doesn't mean too much if the person is trained to throw a punch with efficient force.

It means something,otherwise we wouldn't have weight classes in say boxing, kickboxing and karate...

having said that, everyone i know has always said kimbo is overhyped. and i agree. but i still like watching him fight. and that is what matters really.

It's these kinds of fights which will do for MMA as a credible sport.

crillz
10-05-2008, 06:21 AM
extensive ufc record....are u talkin about seth...who got beat down by 205 pounder matt hammill.
ahh face it kimbo got beat, not by a equal heavyweight but by a LHW. Dana Whites's probabaly laughin his ass off now like i was after the fight :P

YES I'm talking about Seth who even if he got his ass kicked more than he's won he still has wins in UFC, he has been in MMA for years over Kimbo and Kimbo still didn't back down, infact when he got caught it was when he was coming IN.. it was a flash punch and yes he lost but don't sit here like an idiot and try to insult my intelligence by making it seem like weight is an issue. skills is what determines the winner in this sport homie, skills and smarts and Seth has A LOT over Kimbo who has only been training in PRO MMA for just little over a year. Dana White is an *******, he's a stupid ******* because if you REALLY felt a UFC fighter can derail his hype he should've signed Kimbo to a 1 fight deal and reap in the glory if his guy wins but now if he laughs HE'S actually the joke..

Blair_Wells#32
10-05-2008, 06:30 AM
dana white dont' have 2 sign kimbo 2 a deal cause he got beat by a ufc reject....no insult 2 your intelligence there.

number6
10-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Its going to be hard for the organisation to build Kimbo back up after this loss.

neils7147933
10-05-2008, 08:44 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/t80twg.gif

Here you can see Shaw sitting next too Hulk...
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/bukorki/Skala/backofthehead.gif
Use imageshack, son (smilie)

neils7147933
10-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Its going to be hard for the organisation to build Kimbo back up after this loss.
They were already starting the "this is a fluke - it was taken at the last second, wait til he fights Shamrock" talk during the wrap up...

You watch, Kimbo will beat a 40something past-it blown up light heavy and they'll act like it's Foreman-Moorer

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
From Fight Opinion (http://fightopinion.com/)...

In a radio interview late Saturday night, Dave Meltzer reported that his bosses at Yahoo indicated that Yahoo***8217;s coverage of the Kimbo Slice fight received similar numbers to their coverage of when Michael Phelps won his gold medals at the Beijing Olympics. (In other words, this is a very high benchmark.) Meltzer also noted that backstage after the Kimbo Slice debacle, there were people asking if there were openings for jobs at various boxing promotion companies. Regarding the internal reaction to Seth Petruzelli beating Kimbo Slice, ***8220;I just saw people that looked like they had tears in their eyes trying to say that this was the greatest thing that ever happened.***8221; Other interview notes: Meltzer claimed that Ken and Frank Shamrock were going to have a verbal altercation on-air for the CBS telecast, but that it got canceled at the last-minute. There is a split in booking philosophy in the company as far as those on the pro-wrestling marketing side of the equation versus the play-it-straight-up side. Hector Lombard will make his EXC debut on November 8th in Reno against Scott Smith.

DA1CATAS
10-05-2008, 09:17 AM
|Lmao... I'd Knock Kimbo slice da fuc out...

*(i never come to mma talk, but i stopped by for this... if ya have a response that I MUST SEE pm me with it, because im not really gonna come back to read any of this)*

BEHEMOTH
10-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Floyd Mayweather would destroy Kimbo.

1bad65
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey Crillz,

You want some cheese with that whine?

1bad65
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Anyone notice Jared Shaw's reaction?

And now Dana White gets to make fun of him as well!

neils7147933
10-05-2008, 11:00 AM
From Fight Opinion (http://fightopinion.com/)...

RE: Other interview notes: Meltzer claimed that Ken and Frank Shamrock were going to have a verbal altercation on-air for the CBS telecast, but that it got canceled at the last-minute. There is a split in booking philosophy in the company as far as those on the pro-wrestling marketing side of the equation versus the play-it-straight-up side.

When EliteXC first got announced, they said they were going to use pro wrestling-like angles and storylines...thankfully it hasn't gotten to that, though Diaz rushing Noons in the cage came close...

paul750
10-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not suprised he's been beaten, but surprised at how it happened.

MJ406
10-05-2008, 11:46 AM
agreed neils ... Diaz rushing Noons post fight and "ruining the father son moment .. No damnit no!!!"

crap like that, Elite XC's gotta stop

at least they admit it

"a verbal altercation on-air for the CBS telecast, but that it got canceled at the last-minute. There is a split in booking philosophy in the company as far as those on the pro-wrestling marketing side of the equation versus the play-it-straight-up side."

Did anyone else catch Frank Shamrock saying something along the lines of what is Ken doing before a fight warming up dangerously .. enough to risk a cut. and embarrassing the Shamrock family name

shame there wasn't an on air verbal alteracation as Ken coulda just called Frank adopted.

Brian13
10-05-2008, 11:47 AM
EXPOSED Dana was absolutely right about Kimbo, he said Kimbo wouldn't do well in MMA because Sean Gannon failed badly and he beat Kimbo in one of those backyard brawls

jakkups
10-05-2008, 12:02 PM
shame there wasn't an on air verbal alteracation as Ken coulda just called Frank adopted.

So was Ken though.

Palma
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Shamrock forgot to give the kid the script...

Classic!! :You_Rock_

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
When EliteXC first got announced, they said they were going to use pro wrestling-like angles and storylines...thankfully it hasn't gotten to that, though Diaz rushing Noons in the cage came close...

Diaz was pissed because he was going to get fined for skipping post meds for this crap. And then the Noons camp attacked Diaz Bros.

Photographer Ester Lin even caputred the blow that started it.

Mike Tyson77
10-08-2008, 08:54 AM
MMAs best fighter got beaten by a BUM! :rofl: This shows you MMA is **** compared to Boxing. :rofl:

ABOSWORTH
10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
MMAs best fighter got beaten by a BUM! :rofl: This shows you MMA is **** compared to Boxing. :rofl:

I don't know why you keep saying that. Kimbo is not even close to being MMA's best fighter:rolleys: Not even close!!! That would be like saying Tye Fields is boxing's best fighter.

Savino
10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
still suprised Dana aint ccome out and had a good ol laugh at Elite XC and Kimbo.

1bad65
10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
still suprised Dana aint ccome out and had a good ol laugh at Elite XC and Kimbo.

Maybe Zuffa is in talks to buy Elite! lol

They are about $55 million in the hole ya know.

Savino
10-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe Zuffa is in talks to buy Elite! lol

They are about $55 million in the hole ya know.

I heard Showtime were intrested in Elite?

I would not be suprised if Zuffa tried to buy it and just shut it down.

1bad65
10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I heard Showtime were intrested in Elite?

I would not be suprised if Zuffa tried to buy it and just shut it down.

I was actually kidding about Zuffa. But you know Dana is loving it.

From what I heard, Showtime loaned Elite $1 million to stay afloat. Elite has a certain time they must repay the money or Showtime will own their name and assets. Elite had to take it as they were flat-out broke. Considering they have lost $55 million in 2 years, I'm betting they will fail to repay Showtime.

mushroom-eater
10-09-2008, 05:59 AM
After that 14 sec KO of Slice by Seth, who wants Kimbo anyway? I just hope they'll give Seth more fights and a big payout.

snakerattle79
10-10-2008, 03:36 AM
in the Audio pre fight press conference, Kimbo was telling Ken that he will give him a Free Shot in the Fight, I mean a Glazing Punch can Knock Kimbo down what more a Solid Clean Chin Shot from Ken..Kimbo is arrogant and he deserves to get KTFO

MOREBASS
10-10-2008, 07:12 AM
After that 14 sec KO of Slice by Seth, who wants Kimbo anyway? I just hope they'll give Seth more fights and a big payout.

Kimbo will still attract fans, regardless of the loss. And sorry to say, but Seth will probably gain nothing from this.