View Full Version : Is anyone really giving Shamrock a chance?

johnm is...
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't really follow MMA that much. I just don't care much for Kimbo. Anyone giving Shamrock a chance to pull it off?

Dorian
10-04-2008, 03:50 PM
he can do it if somehow he cant avoid getting hit early and takes kimbo down, otherwise he gets CREAMED

hes 6 years past his prime

Dice
10-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I was gonna give him a chance but since EliteXC is desperate for Kimbo to win there are talks of Ken gettin a big payday to throw the fight which i think is likely

number6
10-04-2008, 05:01 PM
He is years past his best, after watching the Buzz Berry fight i dont see him getting past the first round in this one.

Virgil Caine
10-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I was gonna give him a chance but since EliteXC is desperate for Kimbo to win there are talks of Ken gettin a big payday to throw the fight which i think is likely

It seems plausible enough, but if that was the case it seems the commissions would likely catch on.

Dice
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
It seems plausible enough, but if that was the case it seems the commissions would likely catch on.

True but one of the head guys is a Boxing Promoter, c'mon you know theres something fishy going on

Virgil Caine
10-04-2008, 05:18 PM
True but one of the head guys is a Boxing Promoter, c'mon you know theres something fishy going on

Yeah i'm not doubting it entirely, it just seems they'd get ****ed if they got caught pulling some blatant **** (then, of course they could be in tight with the officials or some ****, I guess you never know).

paul750
10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
If he just stands there trading blows he'll not win. But if he takes Kimbo down then I don't see why he couldn't win.

paul750
10-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I was watching Frank talk about Ken being too macho for his own good, then watched a video of Frank doing the same in a recent fight. It's funny, because when a fighter gets older they usually just focus on their strengths and forget about the bravado.

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-04-2008, 05:35 PM

Was a Boxing Promoter.

Now it's the Boxing Promoter's douchebag son in the ear of a total Newb.

TheGreatA
10-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm only guessing what minute of the fight he will be knocked out in.

My pick is that Shamrock will last about two minutes and the crowd will cheer for another highlight reel Kimbo KO. It won't really prove anything though.

I guess Shamrock would have a chance if he could somehow fight like he did in the 90's, take Kimbo down and submit him. It's not like Kimbo is unbeatable but the promoters know what fights he can win and what fights he can lose.

They won't take a fight that Kimbo can lose for a very long time.

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Shammy's out.

And Elite is ****ting their pants.

TheGreatA
10-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Shammy's out.

And Elite is ****ting their pants.

That's what happens when they depend on an old man who has suffered from numerous injuries during his career. Shamrock should've never gotten the fight in the first place.

I'm sure they'll find some guy from the crowd to fight Kimbo, I bet he would perform better than Shamrock too.

KESSLER
10-04-2008, 07:43 PM
If they stand and trade it's gonna be a KO win for Kimbo. If it goes to the ground, I still believe Shamrock can make him tap. Keep in mind, Kimbo has zero ground game. You also have to keep in mind that Ken is like 45.

DPR
10-04-2008, 08:14 PM
according to mmajunkie.com, shamrock is injured and the fight's scratched. They may get a replacement fighter.

Ken Shamrock out of "EliteXC: Heat" due to injury
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Oct 04, 2008 at 6:34 pm ET
An undisclosed injury has forced Ken Shamrock out of his "EliteXC: Heat" main event bout with Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson just hours before the heavyweight clash was set to air on network television.

MMAjunkie.com has confirmed with EliteXC officials that Shamrock suffered an in jury within the past 24 hours and will not be able to compete in tonight's main event.

EliteXC officials are scrambling for a last-second replacement to fill in for Shamrock against undefeated Ferguson.