View Full Version : K-1 Final 16

MJ406
09-25-2008, 02:16 AM
It's this Saturday .. wondering if there'll be any links up for it/ general knowledge of how to see it

some of the Elimination fights include

Semmy Schilt vs Peter Aerts

Badr Hari vs Hong Man Choi

etc.

any knowledge/tidbits would be appreciated.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-25-2008, 03:19 AM
whole card pleez.

Virgil Caine
09-25-2008, 05:16 AM
whole card pleez.

Love the sigs man.

Virgil Caine
09-25-2008, 05:31 AM
- Opening Ceremony -
Opening Fight #1 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 1R
Keijiro Maeda Japan / Team Dragon VS Min Ho Song
Republic of Korea / KHAN GYM

Opening Fight #2 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 1R
Zabit Samedov Belarus / Chinuk Gym VS Fabiano Da Silva
Brazil / Kyokushin Kaikan

Opening Fight #3 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 1R
Yong Soo Park Republic of Korea / KHAN GYM VS Randy Kim
Republic of Korea / Freelance

- DRAWING -
Fight #1 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Ruslan Karaev Russia / Freelance ASIA GP Champion VS Chalid "Die Faust"
Germany / Golden Glory
Recommended Chalid "Die Faust"

Fight #2 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Jerome Le Banner France / Le Banner X tream Team
Best8 VS Junichi SawayashikiJapan / Team Dragon

Fight #3 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Ray Sefo New Zealand / Ray Sefo Fight Academy
Recommended VS Gokhan Saki Turkey / Team Rebel
U.S.A. GP Champion

Fight #4 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Glaube Feitosa Brazil / Kyokushin Kaikan
Best8 VS Errol Zimmerman
Holland / Golden Glory Europe GP Champion

Fight #5 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Remy Bonjasky Holland / Team Bonjasky
Best8 VS Paul Slowinski
Australia / Team Mr.Perfect Recommended
- INTERMISSION -
Fight #6 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Ewerton Teixeira Brazil / Kyokushin Kaikan
JAPAN GP Champion VS MUSASHI
Japan / Seido kaikan Recommended

Fight #7 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Badr Hari Morocco / Show Time
Best8 VS Hong Man Choi
Republic of Korea / Freelance Best8

Fight #8 : FINAL16 : K-1 Rules / 3Min. 3R Ext. 2R
Semmy Schilt Holland / Seido Kaikan Best8 VS Peter Aerts
Holland / Team Aerts Best8

Looks like a hell of a card to me. The Schilt-Aerts draw is a bit of a shame, as each guy would easily be contenders to make the finals if there paths didn't cross in the first fight.

MJ406
09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
well there is a K-1 official website, but thanks for Organik for posting all the fights.

**maybe sopcast will have a random link, as I recall for the Pac/Diaz fight I clicked on some Beijing link and was able to see the whole fight, just not in English .. maybe I can catch a luck break with this event.

and I haven't followed K-1 religiously, but to my knowledge Aerts and Schilt have fought in the past 2 K-1 Grand Prix finals.

this'll be the 4th meeting between them.

so them meeting AGAIN, but this time at the Eliminations is much more interesting, IMO

as neither will have the wear and tear of having fought 2 or 3 times previously before the match up (as it would be if they fought at the Grand Prix) if you catch my drift.

**and Aerts apparently wanted this fight, from the reasons named above.

Virgil Caine
09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
well there is a K-1 official website, but thanks for Organik for posting all the fights.

**maybe sopcast will have a random link, as I recall for the Pac/Diaz fight I clicked on some Beijing link and was able to see the whole fight, just not in English .. maybe I can catch a luck break with this event.

and I haven't followed K-1 religiously, but to my knowledge Aerts and Schilt have fought in the past 2 K-1 Grand Prix finals.

this'll be the 4th meeting between them.

so them meeting AGAIN, but this time at the Eliminations is much more interesting, IMO

as neither will have the wear and tear of having fought 2 or 3 times previously before the match up (as it would be if they fought at the Grand Prix) if you catch my drift.

**and Aerts apparently wanted this fight, from the reasons named above.

That makes sense about Aerts-Schilt, although there is little chance that either man will emerge unscathed (which is troublesome to the winner).

Anyways, if you want sopcast (and other) links for fights you can find them posted at myp2p.eu. Just click the "Live Sports" tab at the top and select the sport you want to see (for K-1 and boxing, click "Other" and then run the mouse over "By Competition" and choose the sport).

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
ugh. Not really a good card.

I'd say Remy/Slow will steal the show. Or Lebanner/Junichi 2

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-25-2008, 06:24 PM

Virgil Caine
09-25-2008, 07:11 PM
To make it easier:
The K-1 links should be posted here:
http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=196&part=sports&discipline=other

Boxing:
http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=69&part=sports&discipline=other

MMA:
http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=182&part=sports&discipline=other

Virgil Caine
09-25-2008, 07:15 PM

No? I'm not too up on K-1, but it did seem like a good card to me (plenty of name recognition, essentially).

On a side note, I didn't know Musashi was still fighting.

MJ406
09-25-2008, 10:24 PM
thanks for the links man

watching the versus card live, but thanks for links.

yeah this event is big on name recognition, but it really seems like K-1 keeps recycling the same fighters (or they just stay at the top)

regardless, im most looking forward to the Aerts/Schilt, Bonjasky. Lebanner and Hari bouts.

Virgil Caine
09-26-2008, 12:05 AM
yeah this event is big on name recognition, but it really seems like K-1 keeps recycling the same fighters (or they just stay at the top)

I know what you are saying, however I think it is more so the latter (that they just stay at the top). Generally speaking, it seems that many top-notch fighters remain world-class for about 10-15 years so it would seem that many of these guys are not over the hill just yet (though some probably are). Still, it does look like a pretty decent card to me, although I would welcome Royal Burnell to further educate us about the fighters involved.

MJ406
09-26-2008, 01:12 AM
I know what you are saying, however I think it is more so the latter (that they just stay at the top). Generally speaking, it seems that many top-notch fighters remain world-class for about 10-15 years so it would seem that many of these guys are not over the hill just yet (though some probably are). Still, it does look like a pretty decent card to me, although I would welcome Royal Burnell to further educate us about the fighters involved.

yeah I'd appreciate some more in depth knowledge as boxing and MMA obviously get discussed on these boards, but no so much kick boxing

so anything that can be thrown by would be appreciated.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I think it will be a great card. Some high caliber fighters on there, even if some of them may be past their prime. Ray Sefo and Remy Bonjasky are always so fun to watch.

To add to that, I really want to see Badr Hari get knocked out again. Even though he has started to shape up, I still hate how he presents himself. Punk ass. And think Choi Hong Man is just as capable as anyone else to do it.

MJ406
09-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I think it will be a great card. Some high caliber fighters on there, even if some of them may be past their prime. Ray Sefo and Remy Bonjasky are always so fun to watch.

To add to that, I really want to see Badr Hari get knocked out again. Even though he has started to shape up, I still hate how he presents himself. Punk ass. And think Choi Hong Man is just as capable as anyone else to do it.

yeah him, Hoost, Aerts and of course Bob Sapp I recall seeing a lot of there bouts on ESPN2 back in the day .. shame espn no longer does it though as it's nice to see that diversity in the combat sports (ESPN mainly just shows boxing.)

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-26-2008, 06:21 PM
No? I'm not too up on K-1, but it did seem like a good card to me (plenty of name recognition, essentially).

On a side note, I didn't know Musashi was still fighting.

Well, the way they put up the new guys against Sefo and MUSASHI seems to indicate they want both of them in the finals. Hari/Hong is just going to be a three round technical fight which will give Hari the pass. Karev and Faust could be great, but I don't see Faust fighting a teammate.

Best one is Lebanner/Junichi 2. LeBanner just wasn't having a good day in their first fight but he'll be prepared for this one.

MJ406
09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Best one is Lebanner/Junichi 2. LeBanner just wasn't having a good day in their first fight but he'll be prepared for this one.[/QUOTE]

if you heard. or read the press conference Jerome had a very funny comment regarding his bad day vs Junichi .. compared it to stepping in ****.

http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/dtop.htm

whats you predictions for Bonjasky/Slowinski, Feitosa vs Zimmerman and the main event Aerts/Schilt?

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Best one is Lebanner/Junichi 2. LeBanner just wasn't having a good day in their first fight but he'll be prepared for this one.

if you heard. or read the press conference Jerome had a very funny comment regarding his bad day vs Junichi .. compared it to stepping in ****.

http://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1gp/dtop.htm

whats you predictions for Bonjasky/Slowinski, Feitosa vs Zimmerman and the main event Aerts/Schilt?

Bonjansky/Slow will be a fun match. I see it go to the judges. I'd say they would get an extra round and it goes to Bonjansky. I would be surprised if they get two extra rounds. If they do, it would be up in the air.

Feitosa/Zim should go to Feitosa. I haven't seen much of Zim.

Aerts/Schilt is a waste of time.

MJ406
09-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Bonjansky/Slow will be a fun match. I see it go to the judges. I'd say they would get an extra round and it goes to Bonjansky. I would be surprised if they get two extra rounds. If they do, it would be up in the air.

Feitosa/Zim should go to Feitosa. I haven't seen much of Zim.

Aerts/Schilt is a waste of time.

Well from what I've read, and looking at his record Zim is very very raw, with I believe only 4 K-1 fights on his record, and it might work against him.

what's so bad about Aerts/Schilt 4?

**quick question and I've always wanted to know .. is there any special significance behind the K-1 Superfights? I've seen them listed under numerous events and just curious if other then name there was anything noteworthy about them.