View Full Version : Andrei Arlovski-Roy Nelson Added To EliteXC Oct. 4 Card

BIGPOPPAPUMP
09-25-2008, 12:46 AM
LOS ANGELES — CBS, EliteXC, and Trump’s Affliction Entertainment jointly announced today that a fifth fight has been added to the lineup for CBS ELITEXC SATURDAY NIGHT FIGHTS on Saturday, Oct. 4 featuring top-ranked MMA heavyweights Andrei Arlovski against the last reigning IFL heavyweight champion Roy “Big Country” Nelson.

[details (http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=970)]

nodogoshi
09-25-2008, 02:39 AM
I would say it's quite good news that Affliction was able to salvage at least a peice of their postponed card. Also, the two promotions working together should produce good results for fight fans.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-25-2008, 02:54 AM
"Country Breakfast" is ****ed.

Shouldn't this be in the Boxing section?

:P

nodogoshi
09-25-2008, 04:09 AM
"Country Breakfast" is ****ed.

Shouldn't this be in the Boxing section?

:P

Lol, yeah Arlovski's boxing has really come along.

sunthunder
09-25-2008, 07:20 AM
I'd really rather that Roy Nelson was not going to be featured against a legit opponent on CBS. It's one thing to be carrying a bit of extra fat (like Fedor) but it's another to be actually obese. I think it will bring quite a bit of criticism upon MMA from some people.

Atleast Arlovski should light him up.

neils7147933
09-25-2008, 07:56 AM
I'd really rather that Roy Nelson was not going to be featured against a legit opponent on CBS. It's one thing to be carrying a bit of extra fat (like Fedor) but it's another to be actually obese. I think it will bring quite a bit of criticism upon MMA from some people.

Atleast Arlovski should light him up.
Maybe that's the point - maybe Arlovski is getting preferred treatment to be Fedor's January opponent...

I actually like this addition to the card - and I very much like Affliction and EliteXC cooperating togethere...

YUHHHHHHH!
09-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Fighting a chump isn't a very good way to get ready for Fedor.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
He can't help it. Elite doesn't want a pro-wrestler in their cage.

Which is funny since they have had both Shamrocks in their ring.

StillUnknown
09-25-2008, 06:31 PM
if this fight goes beyond the 1st, i'll be disappointed in Andrei