View Full Version : Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones, Jr.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Realistically, do you believe that if the bout does happen, that Anderson Silva has a shot?

I personally don't think that this is Anderson Silva being too prideful, I just think that he owes it to himself to try and prove he can expand his horizon if he decided to. Either way, I think that even with Anderson's great hands, Jones would drop him easily within the first 5 rounds.

Opinions?

THE REED™
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
roy wont be able to outbox anderson at 39

peewee1460
09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
dana white white would never let a named ufc fighter under contract out of the octagon for a boxing ring. not even for an exhibition sparring match.

number6
09-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Jones Jr would destroy him in boxing rules, even though he is past his best it wouldn't go more than 3 rounds.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
dana white white would never let a named ufc fighter under contract out of the octagon for a boxing ring. not even for an exhibition sparring match.

Anderson's talking retirement.

Ryn0
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Jones would destroy him, I doubt Anderson would know what to do when he's really in trouble.

peewee1460
09-23-2008, 07:02 PM

i hope this fight happens. i'd pay a lot of money to see it.

vinnie7731
09-23-2008, 08:25 PM

that wont be until he fights six more times for the ufc. that is what remains on his contract according to what his manager reported to mmajunkie.com

Alexis Vastine
09-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Shows how much of a coward he is calling out a shot former former former champ from five years ago. If he was a man he would realise Roy is washed up and lost his title to a fraud called tarver, who was schooled by Hopkins who was robbed by current champ Calslappy. he is afraid of calling out the latter two who will either take him to school or slap him daft!!!!

9/10 a well schooled boxer would but an MMA bum to sleep.

Palma
09-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Roy Jones would take him out!

JAB5239
09-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Jones wins in the ring, Silva the octagon. Two different sports.

JAB5239
09-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Shows how much of a coward he is calling out a shot former former former champ from five years ago. If he was a man he would realise Roy is washed up and lost his title to a fraud called tarver, who was schooled by Hopkins who was robbed by current champ Calslappy. he is afraid of calling out the latter two who will either take him to school or slap him daft!!!!

Lol, you really do define "ignorance" on a daily basis, don't you?

Alexis Vastine
09-24-2008, 02:46 AM
if you were a fighter you would know the truth. like floyd says, MMA si full of bums that were not good ebnough for the big time of boxing. Whiote knew this, and stopped Silva from going ahead. i don't think RJJ gives a **** about him to be honest because they don't bring big bucks to the table. I heard cagefighters still get paid in pesos.

Some of them got beaten up after on sparring session and invented excuse of 'I like to use my legs'. to me it is obvious that a prime RJJ would decapitate this animal in his cage. Like Barry McGuigan said, UFC is undignified.

aspect
09-24-2008, 05:44 AM
another a.hole^^^^

anyway if silva's gonna fight rjj on boxing rules.
i gotta say goodluck to silva.
i really doubt he'll make it till the final round with jones.

only way he can beat a boxer is through mma rules.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-24-2008, 06:36 AM
if you were a fighter you would know the truth. like floyd says, MMA is full of bums that were not good enough for the big time of boxing. White knew this, and stopped Silva from going ahead. i don't think RJJ gives a **** about him to be honest because they don't bring big bucks to the table. I heard cage fighters still get paid in pesos.

Some of them got beaten up after on sparring session and invented excuse of 'I like to use my legs'. to me it is obvious that a prime RJJ would decapitate this animal in his cage. Like Barry McGuigan said, UFC is undignified.

Your welcome.

Take a breath, get a beer and type better.

neils7147933
09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Your welcome.

Take a breath, get a beer and type better.
Mr. Vastine isn't too familiar with fighting sports, it doesn't appear. When he tried to send me bad karma, his comment was to insult the girl in my avatar, thinking she must be my girlfriend I guess. Asked if it was my "mum or my sister" and called her an "ugly bird"

I'm sure Ms. Evinger would make quick work of him in the gym...

TRAVI$
09-24-2008, 08:16 AM
In a boxing match, Silva wouldn't even get near him
UFC fighters have basic boxing knowledge, Roy would pick him apart to a TKO.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-24-2008, 11:38 AM
if you were a fighter you would know the truth. like floyd says, MMA si full of bums that were not good ebnough for the big time of boxing. Whiote knew this, and stopped Silva from going ahead. i don't think RJJ gives a **** about him to be honest because they don't bring big bucks to the table. I heard cagefighters still get paid in pesos.

Stop littering my ****ing threads with your ignorance.

9/10 a well schooled boxer gets ****ing decapitated in a fight without rules.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mz5DBrgSVkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mz5DBrgSVkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

PROOF.

Pecs
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Stop littering my ****ing threads with your ignorance.

9/10 a well schooled boxer gets ****ing decapitated in a fight without rules.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mz5DBrgSVkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mz5DBrgSVkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

PROOF.

yeah, i am a big boxing fan,,,,,, but a good boxer loses 8/10 times to a good mma fight in a street fight. what the boxer knows is too limited when other elements come into play....knees, elbows, kicks, takedowns, throws, ground and pound, submissions...etc etc etc

ßringer
09-26-2008, 12:27 PM
If it was in a boxing ring, with boxing rules like Anderson Silva said he wanted, I would feel very sorry for him once the bell rang. Even with his advancing age Roy's still got some handspeed and pop, and his reflexes are quite sharp for a 39 year old fighter. Silva wouldn't have a fighting chance under boxing rules.

In the cage it's a different story. But Silva said he wanted Roy in the boxing ring.

nodogoshi
09-27-2008, 05:08 AM

Jones wanted the fight.

Palma
09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
roy wont be able to outbox anderson at 39

No, but he will win the fight.

Jones wanted the fight.

I think it was more of a publicity stunt. The two were never going to fight.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-27-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm sure Ms. Evinger would make quick work of him in the gym...

Ms. Evinger would rape Alexis bad.

No really. She would rape Alexis.

Seriously though. She gets more ***** then Alexis.

pugilistfan
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Those great hands we see in MMA would turn into mediocre hands in the boxing world.

I love Anderson, hes a great MMA fighter but he would get absolutely embarassed in boxing especially to RJJ. Theres a difference between punching and boxing. And Silva has proved hes a good puncher but not boxer. There are alot and I mean alot of things Silva would confront in a boxing match that he'd NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN HIS LIFE.

Silva doesnt have top notch boxing trainers, has mediocre sparring partners and has no amatuer pedigree in the sport. Secondly, if his pro boxing record is correct hes 1-1 and in his only win he looked rather mediocre and awkward. Bad footwork, bad angles, awkward jabs, telegraphed and wide punches and even an open guard. He got hit 2-3 times from a tomato can boxer.

Silva is talented and could develop into a good boxer. But right now hes far from the elite and a 3 month training camp would do nothing to prepare him for RJJ.

nodogoshi
09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I think it was more of a publicity stunt. The two were never going to fight.

It seemed that the negotiations were serious to me. Bodogsport even put up odds on the fight.

them_apples
10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
jones would knock him out in 1 round, silvas record is 1-1 in boxing..jones even at 39 would beat the **** out of him in a boxing ring you'd have to be stupid to think other wise. Silvas boxing skills suck compared to Jones.