View Full Version : Would the UFC be as big today, if it mostly had black fighters?

We want Floyd
09-21-2008, 03:27 AM
With the rise of the UFC as the #1 combat sport in America.

Chuck Liddell is the sport's DLJoto(couture too). Liddell also happens to have suffered his only ko losses in the fists of black fighters. Anderson "The Spider" Silva is often rated as the UFC's P4P #1 fighter, yet, his PPV #s are also the lowest compared to other UFC champs.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-21-2008, 03:37 AM
It be the same minus the racist newbs.

I do think we need to get people on the bandwagon and start promoting folk, catch and freestyle in the inner cities. Also create a honest martial arts program for the community and I don't mean any "lil ninjas/cobras/tigers/samurai/dragons" bull****. Real honest program.

Either that or let the afro-brazilians take over.

Motofan
09-21-2008, 03:42 AM
I hadnt seen that recent KO. Chuck needs to call it a day. Hasnt he lost like 3of his last 4 fights by KO? And as for the thread...really? Another one of these?

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-21-2008, 03:46 AM
i Hadnt Seen That Recent Ko. Chuck Needs To Call It A Day. Hasnt He Lost Like 3of His Last 4 Fights By Ko?

2 Ko, 1 Ujd

Flawless.
09-21-2008, 06:04 AM
No it wouldn't, MMA Fanbase are white fans

KostyaTszyu44
09-21-2008, 06:07 AM
UFC still isnt #1 combat sport in america

boxing is still the top dog in the US

do u ever see celebrites at an MMA event?

what sport does ESPN televise like nearly every night?

thats right boxing

until ESPN runs UFC instead of boxing and you start to see A-listers at a UFC event i still say boxing is the biggest over there

Mersey
09-21-2008, 06:13 AM
You see celebs at most of the UFC events...

hotshoes
09-21-2008, 07:11 AM
wow you really are a racist dude, even your name is insulting to mexicans. everything for you has gotta be about race huh?

Brian13
09-21-2008, 05:45 PM
NFL: Has mostly African / American players thats huge
NHL: Has basically all white players thats big
NBA: Has alot of African / American players its still big

Why would UFC suffer if it had alot of African / American fighters

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
NHL has some black players.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-21-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm going to assume you're naive or from Croatia.

Exciting sports' sales are determined by excitement, not colors. Hence the biggest UFC payout is likely to be a card including a couple of fat white guys, a jacked Brazilian guy and an about-as-ghetto-as-you-can-get Black dude.

neils7147933
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
You see celebs at most of the UFC events...
there were even boxers at the Affliction event...

Nemisis
09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
MMA started to get noticed because of the Toughman tourny. That was it and then TITO ORTIZ came along and BLEW IT UP

Naz-Fan
09-21-2008, 09:09 PM
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think it would do as well. Just because you guys (the real MMA fans) wouldnt care that doesnt mean the majority of the casual fans wouldnt either.

Naz-Fan
09-21-2008, 09:12 PM
do u ever see celebrites at an MMA event?

until ESPN runs UFC instead of boxing and you start to see A-listers at a UFC event i still say boxing is the biggest over there

Bro you're a ****ing retard. There's ALWAYS celebs at UFC events. The Tito-Chuck fight had lots of A-list celebrities including George Clooney. Also, for that fight Tito Ortiz was walked down to the octagon by Fernando Vargas who was training him.

In fact the other night at that crappy UFC fight night event Usher and Mandy Moore were there. No way could a boxing event on such a small scale attract celebrities.

And as for the ESPN thing...there's now a documentary on youtube about Lightning Lee Murray that was run on ESPN.

You ****ing dumbass.

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Mandy Moore don't count.

She goes to all of the fights.

Palma
09-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Lord, what a question!

aspect
09-22-2008, 06:36 AM
uhmm... so it means spider silva looks white to dumb asses 0_@'

unless when blacks became champ they all look white to you :fing26:

stop racist remarks.this topic has been discussed to death!

only reasons why these kind of topics don't die is coz' of retards who feel

untouchable behind their computers!!! go back to your cave!! and play with your dildo, i mean errh.. club.

can't you see the reason why mma fans, trainers, fighters come to tis forums is coz' they want to learn boxing from tips of experience boxers, coaches etc.. and also get opinions from experience boxers.
to improve our game and not become one dimensional fighter.

ha!! why do i even bother replying to this ****tard thread anyways...:argue:

fighting in the internet is like fighting in the special olympics.
even if you win, you're still retarded.

Brian13
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Mandy Moore don't count.

She goes to all of the fights.
Mandy Moore probably gets hired by the UFC to be at the events

Alexis Vastine
09-22-2008, 06:51 PM
It makes rednecks feel good about themselves and even convinces some of them that they are tougher than blacks and mexicans. 9/10 a well schooled boxer would put an MMA bum to sleep!!!!

Spare Moody
09-22-2008, 07:04 PM
MMA started to get noticed because of the Toughman tourny. That was it and then TITO ORTIZ came along and BLEW IT UP

royce gracie is probably the #1 reason America got introduced to MMA.

Spare Moody
09-22-2008, 07:10 PM
and what the **** kinda topic is this anyways??? this can't be actually insinuating that there aren't enough black people in MMA...

rampage, spider, randleman, sapp, newton, kimbo, evans, and goodridge are some of the biggest names out there!

Naz-Fan
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
It makes rednecks feel good about themselves and even convinces some of them that they are tougher than blacks and mexicans. 9/10 a well schooled boxer would put an MMA bum to sleep!!!!

I disagree. Boxers can only punch and move. They could get manhandled by a wrestler, taken down and have their arm snapped.

Quit being such a boxing nuthugger. MMA community shows love for boxing but the boxing community seem to be bitter that MMA is on the rise whereas boxing seems to be on the decline.