View Full Version : Foreman didn't want rematch

INFAMOUZ
11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Foreman said after he hit Ali in the 8th round and Ali said "thats all you got George", Foreman didn't want no more! lol. Said he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!

abdiel2k3
11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Foreman said after he hit Ali in the 8th round and Ali said "thats all you got George", Foreman didn't want no more! lol. Said he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!

i guess foreman knew his own limitations
good for him
he hit him with everything he had
and ali took it and came back to get the KO

jabsRstiff
11-04-2004, 01:57 PM
i guess foreman knew his own limitations
good for him
he hit him with everything he had
and ali took it and came back to get the KO

Foreman wasn't a real fighter then.

Great
11-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Foreman said ... he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!

Give link, please. Or tell about a source of the given information.

Foreman
11-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Foreman's autobiography says no such thing. He desperately wanted a rematch. Foreman went as far as fighting 5 guys in one afternoon to generate public outcry for a rematch. Ali was the one who knew his limitations and that lightning only strikes once. Ali got damn lucky and knew it. A Foreman-Ali rematch means Foreman is champ until the mid '80's.

GxBrak
11-05-2004, 02:40 AM
until he fought jimmy young

JOM'S
11-05-2004, 04:52 AM
I don't know who avoided who, but in my opinion if there was an immediate (within one year) rematch, I think Ali whould still beat Big George, he beat Earnie Sheavers in a very close decision, who Ali swear as the hardest puncher he ever faced....

but I think the Rope a Dope trick will not work on the 2nd time around and we missed seeing one exciting rematch....

spinksjinx
11-05-2004, 09:36 AM
George stated he was supposed to die that night in the ring as well.

realtim
11-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Ali would have given him a rematch, Norton was Ali's achilles heel and yet he still fought him 3 times, Ali never ducked any fighters he fought the best and was the best of his era.

Great
11-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Foreman's autobiography says no such thing. He desperately wanted a rematch. Foreman went as far as fighting 5 guys in one afternoon to generate public outcry for a rematch. Ali was the one who knew his limitations and that lightning only strikes once. Ali got damn lucky and knew it. A Foreman-Ali rematch means Foreman is champ until the mid '80's.
From one extreme statement to other extreme statement. :)
I very much respect Foreman and I doubt, that ihe was afraid of a repeated meeting with Ali and avoided him. But it is not necessary to approach chances of Muhammed with zero - he would win a repeated match, I believe. George after a year break (after defeat from Ali) has lost in speed, that would create to him even more problems in a repeated fight.
Also I want to remind, that spoke in interview self George: " He (Muhammed) has beaten me in the first I fight. For certain would beat in the following. " Interview was given (I can be mistaken) before his fight with Moorer.

dempseyfire
11-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Foreman severely wanted a rematch. Please don't spread BS.

Neuraxis
11-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Foreman also didn't want to fight Axel Schulz in a rematch thus forfeiting his IBF belt. I guess the guy just doesn't like rematches huh.

Great
11-06-2004, 10:41 AM
Foreman also didn't want to fight Axel Schulz in a rematch thus forfeiting his IBF belt. I guess the guy just doesn't like rematches huh.
Foreman did not want a repeated meeting with Schulz and Moorer as he realized a high probability to lose a title (George wanted a meeting with Tyson - the big money: the youngest world champion against oldest).
It is generally very amusing :) to hear similar reproaches (" Foreman didn ` t want to fight Axel Schulz in rematch "; take into account, that George against him has won) from the person who under him nickname has photo Klitschko: neither the younger brother, nor the grown-up have not taken any rematches for the defeats. And if we shall recollect to whom they lost... :)

Neuraxis
11-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Foreman did not want a repeated meeting with Schulz and Moorer as he realized a high probability to lose a title (George wanted a meeting with Tyson - the big money: the youngest world champion against oldest).
It is generally very amusing :) to hear similar reproaches (" Foreman didn ` t want to fight Axel Schulz in rematch "; take into account, that George against him has won) from the person who under him nickname has photo Klitschko: neither the younger brother, nor the grown-up have not taken any rematches for the defeats. And if we shall recollect to whom they lost... :)

Yet they wanted to fight every fighter that they had lost to in a rematch. Vitali wants Byrd and Lewis. Lewis is retired and Byrd is protected by King. Wladimir wants Sanders, Brewster, and Purrity. Purrity said no, Brewster is protected by King, and Sanders said he would only give Wladimir a rematch if he beat Vitali, but he lost to Vitali so there won't be a rematch.

Duncan
11-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Foreman would not have ducked Ali. He may have lost again to him, but he would not have ducked him.

I think that time and revisionist history has skewed what happened in the Foreman/Ali fight. Foreman was kicking his ass for most of the rounds until he got tired and Ali got into his head. Probably the same thing would have happened the second time. Who knows? But maybe Ali didn't want to find out either. The point is that the fight was very competetive.

Great
11-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Yet they wanted to fight every fighter that they had lost to in a rematch. Vitali wants Byrd and Lewis. Lewis is retired and Byrd is protected by King. Wladimir wants Sanders, Brewster, and Purrity. Purrity said no, Brewster is protected by King, and Sanders said he would only give Wladimir a rematch if he beat Vitali, but he lost to Vitali so there won't be a rematch.
Really?
Vitali really achieved a repeated meeting with Lewis, but he never insisted on repeated meetings with Byrd. His answer to a question: whether he wants to meet with Chris " I welcomed this fight ". He has never sent in camp of King an official proposal on rematch. Chris too shouts, that at any moment he is ready to fight with Klitscko. Only they so shout, and the present offers nobody does (But in this case I agree - King will be against this meeting). Or you heard as Vitali publicly caused Byrd on fight? I did not hear. I know - he wanted Lennox, but not Byrd.

Wladimir wants Sanders
You have joked? I perfectly remember as Wladimir spoke after defeat from Correy: for me the most important - a title. If title will be at Sanders I meet him the second time; if not will be, for me Sanders not interesting ". So Wlad wanted rematch with Sanders. :)

Purrity sain no
When he such spoke? Ross never refused a meeting with any opponent. To invent not necessarily.
About rematch with Brewster Klitscko speaks the same, that his senior brother about a meeting with Byrd: I not against the second fight. And all. Brewster (and King at the same time) with pleasure would hold a repeated meeting. But Wladimir has decided to meet with Dawarill. You will see: in the following fight Wlad too will not meet with Lemon, but all time will speak: I not against repeated fight. :)

Riddick
11-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Ali got lucky? Oh, you must be kidding. Ali knew exactly what he was doing and had the fight under control from the opening bell. And Foreman wanted no part of Ali after the fight. It took him years to mentally get over the loss.

This is direct quote from Foreman:

"For years I agonised: 'How did this happen?' I'd lost everything I was - I wasn't even a man any more. It took me a couple of years to get over it - I'd wake up in the night still shaking. It was mysterious to me why I didn't win that fight."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/3957807.stm

Neuraxis
11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Really?
Vitali really achieved a repeated meeting with Lewis, but he never insisted on repeated meetings with Byrd. His answer to a question: whether he wants to meet with Chris " I welcomed this fight ". He has never sent in camp of King an official proposal on rematch. Chris too shouts, that at any moment he is ready to fight with Klitscko. Only they so shout, and the present offers nobody does (But in this case I agree - King will be against this meeting). Or you heard as Vitali publicly caused Byrd on fight? I did not hear. I know - he wanted Lennox, but not Byrd.

Wladimir wants Sanders
You have joked? I perfectly remember as Wladimir spoke after defeat from Correy: for me the most important - a title. If title will be at Sanders I meet him the second time; if not will be, for me Sanders not interesting ". So Wlad wanted rematch with Sanders. :)

Purrity sain no
When he such spoke? Ross never refused a meeting with any opponent. To invent not necessarily.
About rematch with Brewster Klitscko speaks the same, that his senior brother about a meeting with Byrd: I not against the second fight. And all. Brewster (and King at the same time) with pleasure would hold a repeated meeting. But Wladimir has decided to meet with Dawarill. You will see: in the following fight Wlad too will not meet with Lemon, but all time will speak: I not against repeated fight. :)

Byrd: Vitali is pretty angry about Byrd running around acting like he easily beat Vitali, when the fact of the matter is that he was losing to a one armed Vitali before Vitali decided to call it a night.

Sanders: http://www.ringsports.com/news/49277842.html

Purrity: priced himself out from what I remember

Brewster: you must be joking, that's the most obvious one. Brewster said the only way he would fight Wladimir again would be if Wladimir was the ranked #1 by the WBO. http://www.klitschko-online.com/en/news/detail.php?artikel_id=803

Great
11-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Byrd: Vitali is pretty angry about Byrd running around acting like he easily beat Vitali, when the fact of the matter is that he was losing to a one armed Vitali before Vitali decided to call it a night.
It will be better if Vit not "pretty angry", but accepts real attempts for rematch.

Sanders: http://www.ringsports.com/news/49277842.html

As I already spoke: both brothers speak much (especially Wlad), but do is not a lot of. You see, Wlad spoke about rematch, but has met with... Moli:). You only look, he to himself has chosen that powerful and dangerous opponent after his shouts about desire of rematch.:) Such situation when Klitschko-jr. speaks about rematchs.

Brewster: you must be joking, that's the most obvious one. Brewster said the only way he would fight Wladimir again would be if Wladimir was the ranked #1 by the WBO. http://www.klitschko-online.com/en/news/detail.php?artikel_id=803

So would give better link on the given words of Brewster. By the way, is possible Lamon it really spoke - I could not hear. But link would be much better, than eternal Wlad ` s shouts how he strongly wants rematchs.

Neuraxis
11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
It will be better if Vit not "pretty angry", but accepts real attempts for rematch.

As I already spoke: both brothers speak much (especially Wlad), but do is not a lot of. You see, Wlad spoke about rematch, but has met with... Moli:). You only look, he to himself has chosen that powerful and dangerous opponent after his shouts about desire of rematch.:) Such situation when Klitschko-jr. speaks about rematchs.

So would give better link on the given words of Brewster. By the way, is possible Lamon it really spoke - I could not hear. But link would be much better, than eternal Wlad ` s shouts how he strongly wants rematchs.

Sanders saying he would only give Wlad a rematch if he was able to beat Vitali: http://ps2.sportsline.com/boxing/story/7189994

Brewster saying no rematch from a site that we are not allowed to put direct links from, so I pm'd you the link:

Kerr: Has there been contact from the Klitschko camp about a rematch, and would you be interested if Wladimir beats Williamson a month from now?

Brewster: You know, after the fight, I wanted to give him a rematch. But after all the excuses… I mean, oil being rubbed on his body, strange people, someone in his camp, drugging and something on one of the passes, a substance, the way they tainted the sport and my victory, I said let him earn a rematch.

Neuraxis
11-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Nevermind ignore my PM, it won't even allow PM's to direct link from the site.

Great
11-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Sanders saying he would only give Wlad a rematch if he was able to beat Vitali: http://ps2.sportsline.com/boxing/story/7189994

You self have looked at date? Certainly Correy so has told - the contract on fight with Vit already was.

Brewster saying no rematch from a site that we are not allowed to put direct links from, so I pm'd you the link:

Kerr: Has there been contact from the Klitschko camp about a rematch, and would you be interested if Wladimir beats Williamson a month from now?

Brewster: You know, after the fight, I wanted to give him a rematch. But after all the excuses… I mean, oil being rubbed on his body, strange people, someone in his camp, drugging and something on one of the passes, a substance, the way they tainted the sport and my victory, I said let him earn a rematch.

Excellent link! You closely read? Brewster wanted to give rematch, but visionary Klitschko-jr. has prefered conversations on urine, vaseline and other; than has stated full disrespect for the opponent. As though Brewster at all was not in a ring. I would tell absolutely same after such dung or in general would refuse to meet such person.

ibeestingin
11-07-2004, 02:44 AM

No, a rematch between ali and foreman would have meant foreman would have had an even worse rep and wouldnt be AS feared. Ali had the tools required top beat foreman, by KO or decision. A rematch in my opinion would have been Ali by UD, because foreman wouldnt punch himself out.

Neuraxis
11-07-2004, 01:21 PM
You self have looked at date? Certainly Correy so has told - the contract on fight with Vit already was.

Excellent link! You closely read? Brewster wanted to give rematch, but visionary Klitschko-jr. has prefered conversations on urine, vaseline and other; than has stated full disrespect for the opponent. As though Brewster at all was not in a ring. I would tell absolutely same after such dung or in general would refuse to meet such person.

I have a feeling that you have as much trouble reading English as I do understanding you.

Great
11-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Yes, such problem is present. :)
You can repeat express an idea, if I something has misunderstood.
Though (I was sure) in understanding.

Neuraxis
11-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Yes, such problem is present. :)
You can repeat express an idea, if I something has misunderstood.
Though (I was sure) in understanding.

Just because Lemon said that he was going to give Wladimir a rematch and then say that he wouldn't give him a rematch after how the Klitschko camp acted after the fight doesn't mean that he was ever going to give him a rematch in the first place. Don King protects his fighters. As for Sanders, he said he would give Wladimir a rematch if he (Sanders) beat Vitali. But Sanders didn't beat Vitali so thus he is not going to give Wladimir a rematch.

jabsRstiff
11-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Neuraxis....

My God, you loser, how did you manage to turn this Ali-Foreman thread into one concerning the Klitschkos ?

What is wrong with you, boy ?

Why are you so LIMITED, & so OBSESSED ?

You need help.

Great
11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Just because Lemon said that he was going to give Wladimir a rematch and then say that he wouldn't give him a rematch after how the Klitschko camp acted after the fight doesn't mean that he was ever going to give him a rematch in the first place. Don King protects his fighters. As for Sanders, he said he would give Wladimir a rematch if he (Sanders) beat Vitali. But Sanders didn't beat Vitali so thus he is not going to give Wladimir a rematch.
I have understood you earlier. Probably, you have not understood me from the first.

I shall repeat: the story of Wlad and his camp after fight - is the present shame, disrespect for the opponent and his victory (you sometime heard that similar things spoke Ali, Louis, Lewis...; necessary to be able to recognize the defeats; it is not necessary to assert about sugar in urine, about oil – vaseline, amusing detective story about stolen analyses... You do not imagine, how I laughed, when listened to this delirium.:) Really Wlad hoped, what someone seriously will believe in it? That the person who poured something in a bottle is guilty; that it is guilty cutmam... More shortly, everybody, but only not he). I (but not you) realize Brewster and his fellings:
"You know, after the fight, I wanted to give him a rematch. But after all the excuses… I mean, oil being rubbed on his body, strange people, someone in his camp, drugging and something on one of the passes, a substance, the way they tainted the sport and my victory, I said let him earn a rematch."

I am afraid, that remach not was - it is guilty not King, but Wlad. Not necessary to assert such bosh after fight.
As a last resort, in what a problem? He can try to become the applicant number one and Lamon will be with him fighting. But this is Wladimir - rematch we never shall see. Only conversations. For example, you accused Foreman of absence repeated fights with Moorer and Axel. But what about Wlad and his repeated meeting with Williamson? Wlad has won very unpersuasively. Dawarill many times spoke, that wants repeated fight. But you remember, what have told Klitscko-jr.?

About Sanders: remind me (I can not recollect) when right after a meeting with Sanders Wlad and his camp really tried to organize rematch? Only is not necessary for me to write links with words of Wlad how he strongly wants a repeated meeting - he speaks it always... But only speaks.:) Correy knocked out Vladimir in March, 8, but has refused title WBO and has passed in WBC only October, 8; and this organization has put him on the second place in the rating. And even then nobody knew, that Sanders will meet Vitaly; it became known in one - two month later. So Vladimir had (minimum) seven months to negotiate about rematch. But he has decided to meet August, 30 with whom?:)

As for Sanders, he said he would give Wladimir a rematch if he (Sanders) beat Vitali.
Only I am not sure, Wlad would agree. He will speak (as always): very strongly wanted this fight, but owing to circumstances (oil, vaseline or something else:)) could not carry out this repeated fight.

Great
11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Neuraxis....

My God, you loser, how did you manage to turn this Ali-Foreman thread into one concerning the Klitschkos ?

You need help.
Do not prevent us - we have very entertaining conversation. :)
Very.:)

SonnyG8R
11-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Foreman is and always will be Ali's *****. Deal with it. :cool:

SonnyG8R
11-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh, and Wlad is a joke. He should retire from boxing and go into gay modeling full time.

Neuraxis
11-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Neuraxis....

You need help.

Read up bro, it wasn't me but the Great that turned it into a Klitschko thread.

Neuraxis
11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh, and Wlad is a joke. He should retire from boxing and go into gay modeling full time.

Yeah he can be the pitcher and you can be the catcher.

jabsRstiff
11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh, sorry. But, you couldn't resist, could you ?

Neuraxis
11-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I have understood you earlier. Probably, you have not understood me from the first.

I shall repeat: the story of Wlad and his camp after fight - is the present shame, disrespect for the opponent and his victory (you sometime heard that similar things spoke Ali, Louis, Lewis...; necessary to be able to recognize the defeats; it is not necessary to assert about sugar in urine, about oil – vaseline, amusing detective story about stolen analyses... You do not imagine as I laughed, when listened to this delirium.:) Really Wlad hoped, what someone seriously will believe in it? That the person who poured something in a bottle is guilty; that it is guilty cutmam... More shortly, everybody, but only not he). I (but not you) realize Brewster and his fellings:
"You know, after the fight, I wanted to give him a rematch. But after all the excuses… I mean, oil being rubbed on his body, strange people, someone in his camp, drugging and something on one of the passes, a substance, the way they tainted the sport and my victory, I said let him earn a rematch."

I am afraid, that remach not was - it is guilty not King, but Wlad. Not necessary to assert such bosh after fight.
As a last resort, in what a problem? He can try to become the applicant number one and Lamon will be with him fighting. But this is Wladimir - rematch we never shall see. Only conversations. For example, you accused Foreman of absence repeated fights with Moorer and Axel. But what about Wlad and his repeated meeting with Williamson? Wlad has won very unpersuasively. Dawarill many times spoke, that wants repeated fight. But you remember, what have told Klitscko-jr.?

About Sanders: remind me (I can not recollect) when right after a meeting with Sanders Wlad and his camp really tried to organize rematch? Only is not necessary for me to write links with words of Wlad as he strongly wants a repeated meeting - he speaks it always... But only speaks.:) Correy knocked out Vladimir in March, 8, but has refused title WBO and has passed in WBC only October, 8; and this organization has put him on the second place in the rating. And even then nobody knew, that Sanders will meet Vitaly; it became known in one - two month later. So Vladimir had (minimum) seven months to negotiate about rematch. But he has decided to meet August, 30 with whom?:)

Only I am not sure, Wlad would agree. He will speak (as always): very strongly wanted this fight, but owing to circumstances (oil, vaseline or something else:)) could not carry out this repeated fight.

There is a lot of speculating going on in there. We don't know if either the Klitschko camp or the fighter he lost to would agree on a rematch. As for TOS. TOS was a horrible first fight for Wlad after his loss to Brewster. TOS didn't test him at all and basically fought scared the whole fight. Wlad outlanded him 80-30 and he won the KD round (4th round) on every judges scorecard.

Neuraxis
11-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh, sorry. But, you couldn't resist, could you ?

Obviously not.

Great
11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
There is a lot of speculating going on in there. We don't know if either the Klitschko camp or the fighter he lost to would agree on a rematch. As for TOS. TOS was a horrible first fight for Wlad after his loss to Brewster. TOS didn't test him at all and basically fought scared the whole fight. Wlad outlanded him 80-30 and he won the KD round (4th round) on every judges scorecard.

What pity resistance. I try, I write answers in language which I know at a level of school... And it I receive as the answer. :)Before to answer you in one of last times, I would like to understand that means - "TOS"... And please do not use a slang and reductions in the future.

Great
11-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Obviously not.
Sorry, man. I not understood this phrase in first time.
But nevertheless, what is this - TOS.

AKATheMack
11-08-2004, 03:07 PM
There is only one thing Ali could have done to beat Foreman and it was the rope a dope if he had tried to box Foreman would have ko'd him. Its easy to not get knocked out with your chin in your chest and your hands up, but if he had for real tried to box it would have been over. I give Ali MUCH respect for it dont get me wrong he knew how to beat Formean ONCE but it never would have happened again. Foreman did want a rematch this I know but why it never happens I do not know.

jabsRstiff
11-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Ali would have beaten George in a rematch because he OWNED George at that point.
He messed George's mind up, very badly.

Neuraxis
11-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Sorry, man. I not understood this phrase in first time.
But nevertheless, what is this - TOS.

TOS is touch of sleep. Its Williamson's alias.

Great
11-08-2004, 03:29 PM
TOS is touch of sleep. Its Williamson's alias.
Now I understood. Thank`s.

Great
11-08-2004, 03:51 PM
There is only one thing Ali could have done to beat Foreman and it was the rope a dope if he had tried to box Foreman would have ko'd him. Its easy to not get knocked out with your chin in your chest and your hands up, but if he had for real tried to box it would have been over. I give Ali MUCH respect for it dont get me wrong he knew how to beat Formean ONCE but it never would have happened again.
You probably looked the first round of this fight by the closed eyes. Ali boxed with George in this round and no doubt has won. Further Muhammed began to conduct fight most favourably and prudently. Ali would win during their second meeting. It is recognized by George (his interview before fight with Moorer).

Foreman did want a rematch this I know but why it never happens I do not know.
Foreman was again close to fight for a title, but has lost Jimmy Young (by the way, against which Muhammed has won UD - this is just note). It has again removed him from fight for a title; also he has left boxing.

AKATheMack
11-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Any idea why Ali stopped boxing after the first round? He had never tasted power like Foremans and giving Big George even a half a chance to land something serious is Russian roulette.

Great
11-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Any idea why Ali stopped boxing after the first round? He had never tasted power like Foremans and giving Big George even a half a chance to land something serious is Russian roulette.
I have written why Ali did not begin to box further with George (the second and the following rounds) - he there chosen the most correct way of a victory (to force George to get tired).
As to force of punchs (Muhammad asserted), that Sonny beats more strongly, than Foreman. Therefore chosen tactics was not consequence of fear, but the most true way to a victory and that`s all.

BoxingPromoter
11-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Ali stated in his biography that the ring was soft and thus a "slow

ring" and had he danced around he would have eventually tired out. He

adapted to the ring using the " rope a dope" to wear Foreman out. And

he didn't exactly stop fighting, between laying back on the ropes he

was peppering Foreman face with his jab and quick flurries. By the time

Ali knocked Foreman out, Foreman face was all puffed up and he was

exhausted from throwing all those big punches.

Keleneki
11-16-2004, 04:01 AM
That's right. I remember a thread asking who would have won a rematch and a vast majority thought that Foreman would easily win it. The thing is with Ali is that he got into so many of his opponent's heads. That, along with the fact that Ali beat him silly in the first bout would lead me to believe that Ali would have come out ahead again if the did stage a repeat.

gogan
11-29-2004, 01:04 PM
i watched the biography rumble in the jungle intitled "when we were kings" in it is a interview with foreman and he says how he was hitting ali with all he had and ali kept on talking the trash. he said hes never been that intimidated before, most people he boxes cant even talk because their jaws are broken. in this he stated he didn't want a rematch with ali and that him and ali are on good grounds, nothing about that fight made them enemies. the only one ali ever faught with anger was the man who called him cassius clay after his name was changed however i cant remember his name at the time, does anyone know his name?

gogan
11-29-2004, 01:10 PM
you have been miss informed because foreman had not wanted a rematch, he knew ali was about to retire soon off after thrilla in manilla and stated in a biography that he did not wish to fight ali again. As for ali all he wanted was to fight joe fraizer once more before retiring. which he did.

foremanfan
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Ali can be heard from ringside telling Foreman that he isn't getting another shot when Foreman fought the five in Toronto. George says now that he didn't want a rematch that he wanted to fight the guys he'd already beat but I'd say that's all part of the mister nice funny guy act. I would imagine that back then Foreman did want a rematch to redeem himself. George fought a stupid fight against Ali. George had more to dio with George losing than Ali did and I think Ali knew that.

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 01:24 AM

I never knew that. that is very interesting. that loss seemed to have changed foreman. he became a nice guy after that.

Great
12-06-2004, 04:56 PM
i watched the biography rumble in the jungle intitled "when we were kings" in it is a interview with foreman and he says how he was hitting ali with all he had and ali kept on talking the trash. he said hes never been that intimidated before, most people he boxes cant even talk because their jaws are broken. in this he stated he didn't want a rematch with ali and that him and ali are on good grounds, nothing about that fight made them enemies. the only one ali ever faught with anger was the man who called him cassius clay after his name was changed however i cant remember his name at the time, does anyone know his name?

It was at least two times:
Ali scoffed above Patterson up to 12 roundes for the given reason. For the same Terrell has received ass whupping.

Bux
12-22-2004, 02:46 PM
"Lightning only strikes once", nice sentence but this time i disagree. I hope you dont mind.

For a while i also was thinking Ali had been lucky, till i decided to look at the match again, for the first time since 30 year. I bought a video with the whole match and saw it five times. I was amazed. Foreman did not have one chance. Ali controlled the whole fight and George tried everything he could. I think if George had decided to back off his problems would have been even bigger. The difference in speed and boxing skill was huge. Ali was just playing that night. I saw Foreman in a movie called "Champions forever" He is really nice and intelligent.

hambone
12-28-2004, 04:57 PM
i think foreman just boxed plain stupid. constantly hit ali in his arms until he was tired. He was too impatient and ali just ticked him off. Then, after foreman was tored out, ali did the stuff he's good at.

lmnorw
02-25-2005, 01:36 PM
foremans says nice stuff about everybody now days.i bet you if you asked him if he fought frazier again would he win and i bet you her would say no because frazier was waaay better than he was..the fact is ali gave rematches to so many other fights so why not foreman?do you want to know why?because ali knew he lucked up so why try your luck again.sure frazier was tough but not nearly as strong or as dangerous as foreman

lmnorw
02-25-2005, 01:40 PM
and did you know ali said foreman had him out on his feet about 3 or 4 times during the fight?but foreman never once hit ali in with a clean head shot.which shows foremans power. ali said foreman was the hardest puncher he ever faced.frazier was the toughest and liston was the scariest..shavers hit ali with bombs and yet ali said foreman punched alot harder..which says a glancing punched from a young foreman hurt alot more than shavers best punches

rudy
03-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I am not saying Ali would have lost but HE did not give Foreman a rematch. Why do you think Foreman fought 5 men in One night to get the public behind for a rematch against Ali

Don King even put the show on saying Ali was next. Ali got bored while watching Foreman and walked out saying it was boring just like watching a robot

tommyhearns804
04-03-2005, 11:26 AM
foreman says alot of stuff now days but the fact of the matter is foreman tried to get a rematch with ali but ali wouldnt give him one.i can post the who article which explains this to you.saddler kept calling ali out but instead of fighting foreman ali fought norton again frazier he fought some wrestling guy i cant remember his name but ali had no intentions of fighting foreman again.he realized he was lucky not to be knocked out the first time and didnt want to press his luck again

EvilMark
04-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Foreman is and always will be Ali's *****. Deal with it. :cool:

LOL...That's true