View Full Version : Randy Couture in UFC 2009

Palma
09-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Chris Insinna

--------------------

By the way, as part of the settlement, the UFC gained the rights to Couture’s image for its video game. It never had that before.

And by “never had that”, we don’t mean just for UFC 2009. Out of all the UFC’s mediocre video games, they never got Randy in any of ‘em. But isn’t it great that they took this sticking point that has pissed off Couture for nearly a decade and forced it through as part of the ’settlement’ process?
--------------------

YUHHHHHHH!
09-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Chris Insinna

--------------------

By the way, as part of the settlement, the UFC gained the rights to Couture’s image for its video game. It never had that before.

And by “never had that”, we don’t mean just for UFC 2009. Out of all the UFC’s mediocre video games, they never got Randy in any of ‘em. But isn’t it great that they took this sticking point that has pissed off Couture for nearly a decade and forced it through as part of the ’settlement’ process?
--------------------

It's kind of cool to think that Randy Couture will be in a video game. But I'll be playing as Wanderlei the entire time. I hope they get the fighters' styles right. The old games were jumpy and the movements were so blocky that it reminded me of The old NWO wrestling games.