View Full Version : Liddel wants to fight Silva....

Cuauhtémoc1520
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I was listening to the Rome show today and he said that an inside source said that Liddel was so distraught after losing the way he did to Evans, that he can only redeem himself by beating the best. He said he is going to try his hardest to get a fight with Anderson Silva.

Now, I don't have a link but that's what Jim Rome said and it wasn't in jest, he was saying that Liddel was serious.

ARMENIAN*PRIDE
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
He needs to retire.

Undefeated
09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Liddel hang em up.

Unknown Champ
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
go for it bro if it makes you happy!!

Alexis Vastine
09-09-2008, 06:07 PM
If Chuck Lideel can outbox a grappler like Couture in slow motion imagine what the Klit or the Hayemaker would do! 9/10 a well schooled boxer would beat an MMA bum.

Spare Moody
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
If Chuck Lideel can outbox a grappler like Couture in slow motion imagine what the Klit or the Hayemaker would do! 9/10 a well schooled boxer would beat an MMA bum.

in a boxing match. this has been discussed way too many times.

MJ406
09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I was listening to the Rome show today and he said that an inside source said that Liddel was so distraught after losing the way he did to Evans, that he can only redeem himself by beating the best. He said he is going to try his hardest to get a fight with Anderson Silva.

Now, I don't have a link but that's what Jim Rome said and it wasn't in jest, he was saying that Liddel was serious.

What weight would they fight at?

**the only way I saw Liddell vs Silva happening were if Chuck got by Evans at 88, beat Forrest at UFC 92

and somehow Machida got upset along the way.

paving the way for the ultra marketable Silva vs Liddell for the Light Heavy weight Crown.

but Silva vs Liddell now? what's the purpose/need/reason and again what weight would it be at?

neils7147933
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Liddell vs. Silva is only a decent matchup for Anderson if he completely cleans out the division of any opponent that the average fan thinks belongs in the same cage.

Brandish
09-09-2008, 10:39 PM
total mismatch..chuck is trying to cash out he can see the writing on the wall...silva would **** chuck up worst then rashad did.

the fight is the winner of rampage wanderlai vs the winner of forrest and rashad facing silva in summer of 09 for the 205 title.

MJ406
09-09-2008, 10:50 PM
total mismatch..chuck is trying to cash out he can see the writing on the wall...silva would **** chuck up worst then rashad did.

the fight is the winner of rampage wanderlai vs the winner of forrest and rashad facing silva in summer of 09 for the 205 title.

yeah unless Bisping get's by Leben at 89 IMO there's very little left for Anderson Silva at Middleweight.

and Chuck missed his chance at A Silva when he got kayo'd by Evans.

Silva's got bigger fish to fry .. and Chuck's already been cooked.

**where does Lyoto fit into the Title picture? because I recall reading somewhere going into Silva's Light Heavy debut where Anderson said it was a 1 time thing and that he wanted Lyoto fighting for the title.

then again if Dana White offers Anderson a title shot, that'd be a pretty hard opportunity for Silva to turn down.

Brandish
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah unless Bisping get's by Leben at 89 IMO there's very little left for Anderson Silva at Middleweight.

and Chuck missed his chance at A Silva when he got kayo'd by Evans.

Silva's got bigger fish to fry .. and Chuck's already been cooked.

**where does Lyoto fit into the Title picture? because I recall reading somewhere going into Silva's Light Heavy debut where Anderson said it was a 1 time thing and that he wanted Lyoto fighting for the title.

then again if Dana White offers Anderson a title shot, that'd be a pretty hard opportunity for Silva to turn down.

lyoto isn't a name yet and he needs big wins to enter the fray. for now dana and his boys are focused on big matchups.

silva vs the 205 champ whoever is left standing at the end of 08 is the biggest fight in UFC not randy vs fedor.

imagine rashad vs rampage or girffin vs wandeli and the winner facing silva for the 205 title...talk about big

SAN D13GO VILLAN
09-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Why not just ask for the rematch with evans?

nodogoshi
09-10-2008, 07:19 PM
A.Silva would pick Chuck apart, though Chuck would have a puncher's chance. I wouldn't be too surprized if the UFC put this together, it would be a marketable fight and a step up at LHW for Silva (I can't see Chuck fighting below the division).

MJ406
09-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Why not just ask for the rematch with evans?

he won't get a rematch with Evans.

then again if Rashad beats Forrest in December .. Liddell/Evans 2 for the title would make a hell of a fight.

and i dunno as marketable as Liddell/Silva is .. there's absolutely no point or purpose to it.

1-3 his last 4 fights, Chuck's marketability is all but shot.

watch Dana give Chuck Anderson Silva or the Evans/Forrest winner next though.

**and weather Lyoto's a name or not Silva's own words were that he wasn't moving up again to 205 because he wanted Lyoto to get the Title there.

nodogoshi
09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
he won't get a rematch with Evans.

then again if Rashad beats Forrest in December .. Liddell/Evans 2 for the title would make a hell of a fight.

and i dunno as marketable as Liddell/Silva is .. there's absolutely no point or purpose to it.

1-3 his last 4 fights, Chuck's marketability is all but shot.

watch Dana give Chuck Anderson Silva or the Evans/Forrest winner next though.

**and weather Lyoto's a name or not Silva's own words were that he wasn't moving up again to 205 because he wanted Lyoto to get the Title there.

I agree that Chuck is all but shot, and that he would have little to no chance against A.Silva. Still, I don't think the average UFC fan cares that Chuck is 1-3 in his last 4, and I would not be surprised if the UFC put this together.

MJ406
09-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree that Chuck is all but shot, and that he would have little to no chance against A.Silva. Still, I don't think the average UFC fan cares that Chuck is 1-3 in his last 4, and I would not be surprised if the UFC put this together.

but at what weight .. and how would the UFC hype the fight?

Stupid Voiceover: after getting knocked out with 1 punch in the second round, and losing his title shot at Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell goes for Middleweight Gold vs Anderson "the Spider" Silva live from the MGM Grand at UFC 95.

or the above stupid voice over, but with "Anderson The Spider Silva comes up again to Light Heavyweight to take on Chuck Liddell, who's fresh of a devastating kayo loss to Rashad Evans

I mean seriously call it mean, but maybe Chuck hit his head too hard on the way down and is talking crazy about a fight vs Silva, as be it at 185 or 205 it's literally worthless.

**the only bout in those 1-3 that Liddell hasn't won, was when he didn't fight in the main event. something I've found to be a pretty interesting fact

I would think that the average fan would care about Liddell's track record, as even if they haven't seen his last several fights, reading about them sure as hell wouldn't make em wanna see Liddell vs Silva.

Like i said before on the 1st page, had Liddell gotten by Rashad and won the title vs Forrest... Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell would have been the biggest fight at 205 to make. (of course not counting Liddell vs Rampage III)

however your right though Chuck still could get the fight, and get put out of his misery.

Mickey Gomez
09-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Silva can throw lots of accurate punches and kicks. Chuck has no defence. End of.

MJ406
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Realistically how many fights do you think Chuck has left?

there's plenty of names he could face ... Jardine/Vera, Shogun, Franklin, Wanderlei (last 2 might have to wait a while) Houston Alexander and of course James Irvin

so there's that ^ to factor in, plus even getting kayoed Chuck's still a marketable fighter.

I still think he should consider moving up to Heavy

as
1. the Light Heavy's are way too quick/athletic for him .. Soko, Vera, Machida, Evans, Shogun are just 5 of the upper level 205ers and that's not even considering Rampage who Liddell still hasn't beaten plus the champion Forrest. Getting back to title contention is easier said then done

and secondly, Chuck won't have to worry about weight cutting, and the speed differential at Heavy wouldn't be so drastic. Plus outside of Werdum, Gonzaga, Mir, Nog, Kongo, Lesnar and Couture, the UFC Heavy Division is pretty shallow, IMO.

Miburo
09-12-2008, 01:23 AM
If by Silva he meant Wand then fine, he'll lose the rematch. Liddel is at the end of the line.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Chuck Liddell is ecstatic when he won a fight by a decision. This is a sign of a shot fighter. ='[

nodogoshi
09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
but at what weight .. and how would the UFC hype the fight?

Stupid Voiceover: after getting knocked out with 1 punch in the second round, and losing his title shot at Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell goes for Middleweight Gold vs Anderson "the Spider" Silva live from the MGM Grand at UFC 95.

or the above stupid voice over, but with "Anderson The Spider Silva comes up again to Light Heavyweight to take on Chuck Liddell, who's fresh of a devastating kayo loss to Rashad Evans

As I said in a prior post, I cannot see the fight not being at Light Heavyweight. Silva has already fought at the weight, and there's no way in hell that I see Chuck cutting down to 185 for a last hurrah.

I mean seriously call it mean, but maybe Chuck hit his head too hard on the way down and is talking crazy about a fight vs Silva, as be it at 185 or 205 it's literally worthless.

No, actually Chuck is thinking about his bank account. Fighters fight, and a fight with A.Silva would do much to line Liddell's pockets for retirement.

**the only bout in those 1-3 that Liddell hasn't won, was when he didn't fight in the main event. something I've found to be a pretty interesting fact

I would think that the average fan would care about Liddell's track record, as even if they haven't seen his last several fights, reading about them sure as hell wouldn't make em wanna see Liddell vs Silva.

Like i said before on the 1st page, had Liddell gotten by Rashad and won the title vs Forrest... Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell would have been the biggest fight at 205 to make. (of course not counting Liddell vs Rampage III)

however your right though Chuck still could get the fight, and get put out of his misery.

Again, I am in full agreement that this fight is completely irrelevant to the sport. I'm not predicting that the fight will happen, but I would not be the least surprised if it does, if Dana White and his boys feel they can squeeze a few dollars out of it.

And, no I don't think the average fan cares about Chuck's recent track record. Also, do you really think the average UFC fan reads!?

MJ406
09-12-2008, 09:04 PM
And, no I don't think the average fan cares about Chuck's recent track record. Also, do you really think the average UFC fan reads!?[/QUOTE]

that's harsh im sure some of the fans read.

and it's kinda hard to hype Liddell up as this devastating kayo puncher, when he's the one getting kayo'd.

I don't disagree and I could mos def see Dana White throwing Silva vs Chuck together

but at the same time, wouldn't matching Liddell vs Jardine/Vera .. or even Rich Franklin seem more feasible?

cuz if Chuck really wants his belt back, ^ is a better route to go.

and if Silva-Chuck really does happen, kiss Chuck bye bye.

**I mean realistically all Chuck would have to do to get another title shot is go through Vera and Jardine and he'd probably get it.

Plus marketability wise, I see Liddell-Silva a hard sell, even though there both big names, it would be more watchable as a title fight.

number6
09-13-2008, 06:25 AM
lyoto isn't a name yet and he needs big wins to enter the fray. for now dana and his boys are focused on big matchups.

silva vs the 205 champ whoever is left standing at the end of 08 is the biggest fight in UFC not randy vs fedor.

imagine rashad vs rampage or girffin vs wandeli and the winner facing silva for the 205 title...talk about big

No way Silva v Forrest or Evans is a bigger fight than Fedor v Randy, the whole of the MMA world has been waiting for that for years.

As far as Chuck fighting Silva, this wont happen now. Liddell has lost 3 of his last 4 fights and is damaged goods. A pin point thaiboxing striker like Silva who is in his prime would pick Chuck apart.
If he had a hard time with Jardines standup imagine what Anderson would do to him.

I think he is now way down the pecking order at light heavy, cant cut to 185 and wont be able to take the big guys shots at Heavyweight.

A fight that could be considered is a fight against Franklin, if they plan to keep Rich at 205 and raise his profile at that weight.

Maybe its time to call it a day.

nodogoshi
09-13-2008, 07:49 AM
that's harsh im sure some of the fans read.

and it's kinda hard to hype Liddell up as this devastating kayo puncher, when he's the one getting kayo'd.

I don't disagree and I could mos def see Dana White throwing Silva vs Chuck together

but at the same time, wouldn't matching Liddell vs Jardine/Vera .. or even Rich Franklin seem more feasible?

cuz if Chuck really wants his belt back, ^ is a better route to go.

and if Silva-Chuck really does happen, kiss Chuck bye bye.

**I mean realistically all Chuck would have to do to get another title shot is go through Vera and Jardine and he'd probably get it.

Plus marketability wise, I see Liddell-Silva a hard sell, even though there both big names, it would be more watchable as a title fight.

A: No, I do not think it's harsh to say the average UFC fan does not read (the average American doesn't read for ****'s sake!).

B: I'm basically in complete agreement with your post, largely because I see Liddell-Silva as an absolute mismatch at this stage of their respective careers. I was more trying to make the point that the UFC is willing to pull any type of **** to make a couple bucks.

C: For the record, I'm drunk as **** right now. So, cheers mo****as!

MJ406
09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=Organik;4060956]A: No, I do not think it's harsh to say the average UFC fan does not read (the average American doesn't read for ****'s sake!).

B: I'm basically in complete agreement with your post, largely because I see Liddell-Silva as an absolute mismatch at this stage of their respective careers. I was more trying to make the point that the UFC is willing to pull any type of **** to make a couple bucks.

True but at the same time give the UFC credit cuz there past couple of events have had GREAT match making ... with GSP/Fitch, Jackson/Griffin, Sherk/Penn all respectively being solid main event fights (regardless if the outcomes were close or blowouts)

so based on the above I don't think Dana White has to get desperate and make Silva/Liddell now because White could have Chuck re establish himself with a couple of wins, and if Chuck really wants it .. then make the fight.

**keep an eye on that Vera/Jardine fight at UFC 89.. as I see Liddell's opponent potentially coming from that bout, with the winner of (Vera/Jardine) it going on to face Rich Franklin. (just my guess/take on it.)