View Full Version : As was proven, Chuck was no match for someone with half decent boxing skills.

Mickey Gomez
09-08-2008, 08:51 PM
It's been said for long enough Chuck carries his hands too low and his chin is too exposed, a good boxer will always take advantage of such mistakes.

I'm not saying Evans is a world class boxer, but he implemented the correct game plan and used his decent standup skills to dismantle the iceman.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Give Chuck Liddell some credit. All of the payoff/drugging/sickness conspiracies and theories aside, Liddell banged with Wanderlei for 3 solid rounds. Just like he banged with many great strikers in his days (Pele, Keven Randleman, Alistair Overeem, Keith Jardine) and even a professional boxing level fighter, Vitor Belfort.

Copying an older post of mine.

People need to understand that MMA isn't boxing. EVERYONE, not just big punchers, but EVERYONE has A Puncher's Chance in MMA. ANYONE can be caught at ANY time with a punch that rocks them for the rest of the fight, or puts them out on the spot. It's all due to how small those gloves are and how close it is to a street fight. I've seen Golden Glove boxers get trashed on the street in a scuffle by a jab from a nobody, it all just proves that without gloves, everyone has a puncher's chance. This can be applied to MMA as well because the gloves are designed to protect your hands, not somebody's face.

Outside of the one punch Evans threw, he looked technical and showed speed, but displayed no accuracy.

Cuauhtémoc1520
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Give Chuck Liddell some credit. All of the payoff/drugging/sickness conspiracies and theories aside, Liddell banged with Wanderlei for 3 solid rounds. Just like he banged with many great strikers in his days (Pele, Keven Randleman, Alistair Overeem, Keith Jardine) and even a professional boxing level fighter, Vitor Belfort.

People need to understand that MMA isn't boxing. EVERYONE, not just big punchers, but EVERYONE has A Puncher's Chance in MMA. ANYONE can be caught at ANY time with a punch that rocks them for the rest of the fight, or puts them out on the spot. It's all due to how small those gloves are and how close it is to a street fight. I've seen Golden Glove boxers get trashed on the street in a scuffle by a jab from a nobody, it all just proves that without gloves, everyone has a puncher's chance. This can be applied to MMA as well because the gloves are designed to protect your hands, not somebody's face.

Outside of the one punch Evans threw, he looked technical and showed speed, but displayed no accuracy.

Doubt that very seriously.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Doubt that very seriously.

I'm a doorman at the 718 club in Brooklyn. People who train boxing regularly get knocked all the time in the street. It's all about a puncher's chance.

nodogoshi
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM
It's been said for long enough Chuck carries his hands too low and his chin is too exposed, a good boxer will always take advantage of such mistakes.

This was exploited by Couture in their first fight as well.

Alexis Vastine
09-10-2008, 10:14 PM
9/10 a well schooled boxer would decapitate an MMA BUM.

Mickey Gomez
09-11-2008, 01:36 AM
It's quite obvious everyone has a punchers chance but that is not what I'm referring to here.

I'll reiterate my point, Chuck carries his hands too low, his chin is never tucked, someone with decent boxing skills will always take advantage of this. When is the last time you saw Chuck cover up and block a few punches? Or used head movement to slip punches? I don't think I've ever seen him do it.

I'm just surprised at the fact Chuck has not been almost decapitated many times before.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-11-2008, 10:41 AM
It's quite obvious everyone has a punchers chance but that is not what I'm referring to here.

I'll reiterate my point, Chuck carries his hands too low, his chin is never tucked, someone with decent boxing skills will always take advantage of this. When is the last time you saw Chuck cover up and block a few punches? Or used head movement to slip punches? I don't think I've ever seen him do it.

I'm just surprised at the fact Chuck has not been almost decapitated many times before.

That's just not Chuck's style. He's a Kempo fighter, they hold their hands low and throw looping, hard punches. They aren't afraid to be hit. It's just now, he can't take/deliver the punches he used to.

KostyaTszyu44
09-13-2008, 01:58 AM
I've seen Golden Glove boxers get trashed on the street in a scuffle by a jab from a nobody, it all just proves that without gloves, everyone has a puncher's chance. .

sure you have

them_apples
09-13-2008, 02:14 AM

thats not true, anyone can get knocked out because they are all on the same level, just tough guys that throw hayemakers. Look at boxing in the early 1900's when it was under developed, it was just like the ufc, random middleweights knocking out heavyweights, great fighters losing to bums frequently..its no difference. Boxing has develped tons and top fighters must fight other ranked competitors if they hope to move up, where as the ufc..anyone fights anyone..anyone wins anyone loses.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-13-2008, 11:46 AM
sure you have

You don't know me. Take my word for it.