View Full Version : Dana's Face On Saturday

Mozza
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/familyphotoshoot/vlcsnap-2509277.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/familyphotoshoot/dana.jpg

YUHHHHHHH!
09-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Well yeah, one of his good friends got knocked out.

75th
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM

You also forgot to mention that a unpopular, boring fighter was the man who caused it. Thus giving said non cash cow a title shot.

jakkups
09-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I had the same look on my face to be honest. It took a few seconds before it sunk in and I realised what I had just seen.

SnoopySmurf
09-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Dana's look was that of shock and awe. Then when he realized his cash cow and face of the UFC just ate the canvas, his disappointment turned to stone cold fear. :lol1:

"That's my million dollars!"--Dana

Brick Top
09-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Cash Cow? , I dont know why Dana would put all his faith in a 37 past his prime fighter like Chuck , he got his ass beat by "The Dean of Mean" not realy the best fighter in the UFC and Rampage wasted him , you could read the writing on the wall , Chucks got nothing left !

Chucks one of my favorite fighter in the UFC , but the slow one punch style does not work on everybody !

MJ406
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Cash Cow? , I dont know why Dana would put all his faith in a 37 past his prime fighter like Chuck , he got his ass beat by "The Dean of Mean" not realy the best fighter in the UFC and Rampage wasted him , you could read the writing on the wall , Chucks got nothing left !

Chucks one of my favorite fighter in the UFC , but the slow one punch style does not work on everybody !

Cash cow indeed. Forrest vs Liddell at the end of the year PPV woulda been a huge money maker.

How does Chuck go from dominating, and defending his belt ... to kayoed in a little over a minute vs Jackson

and now 4 fights later he's got "nothing left" .. how'd he fall off that drastically in your opinion.

Mozza
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM

It goes a bit beyond that if you ask me. It was an open secret that Liddell was going to get the first shot against Griffin some time this winter. Even before the fight it was set up by the commentary team who said: "This past week Chuck has looked like he has a secret to himself." I wonder what secret that could have been? Well, now we know, Liddell was going to get Forrest and White has realised he can't back out now which means he is up **** creek with a PPV headlined by Evans v Griffin, a match which holds about as much interest with the public as a snail race. The only option is to load the undercard of that particular event, preferably with a fight between two popular light-heavyweights, like Wanderlei and Rampage, who actually bring something to the table.

Spare Moody
09-08-2008, 04:01 PM
MMA boards are all the same.

a guy gets a couple losses and everyone thinks he's done and needs to retire. another guy goes on a brief winning streak and all of a sudden he's the greatest and most unstoppable force ever.

Spare Moody
09-08-2008, 04:05 PM
The only option is to load the undercard of that particular event, preferably with a fight between two popular light-heavyweights, like Wanderlei and Rampage, who actually bring something to the table.

they wouldn't do that in the same night as a LHW championship bout. and, even though Wanderlei and Rampage wouldn't be fighting for the belt, everyone can agree that that match would be one of the biggest headliners of the year......far from an undercard.

Miyagi
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
That was a pretty scary knock out man! I'm not a Lidell nuthugger but have always been a fan of him and I was a little worried that he might have been seriously hurt at first. I'm sure you are right about Dana having an agenda but I think he was really concerned about Chuck as a friend as well.

Brick Top
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Cash cow indeed. Forrest vs Liddell at the end of the year PPV woulda been a huge money maker.

How does Chuck go from dominating, and defending his belt ... to kayoed in a little over a minute vs Jackson

and now 4 fights later he's got "nothing left" .. how'd he fall off that drastically in your opinion.

Chucks one dimensional keeping hands low looking for one punch style is done , at 37 he was in good shape but his reflexes are slowing him down and he has lost some speed , I watched the fight vs Evans and he looked slower , causing him to be easy to hit and he is being KOed!

If Dana puts Chuck in with someone like Rich Franklin or Forrest he would get picked apart , fighters like Rampage , Evans , Dean of Mean are proof that he is sone to be done or has Nothing left !

Afterglow
09-08-2008, 05:36 PM
He probably had that look on his face because it looked like Chuck died.

His head was ****ed to the side as he was going down and his head hit at an angle.

I thought it was gonna be the UFC's death.

He knocked autism into the Iceman.

Spare Moody
09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
fighters like Rampage , Evans , Dean of Mean are proof that he is sone to be done or has Nothing left !

last time i checked he did pretty well against Wanderlei (who, in turn, did pretty well against Dean of Mean...)

MJ406
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=Brick Top;4042404]Chucks one dimensional keeping hands low looking for one punch style is done , at 37 he was in good shape but his reflexes are slowing him down and he has lost some speed , I watched the fight vs Evans and he looked slower , causing him to be easy to hit and he is being KOed!

well not to throw excuses into the pit but Chuck did tear his hamstring (which was why this fight happened in September) and that's bad enough. but add the hamstring tear adding into the fact that he is 37 years old and reflexes, athleticism all tend to deteriorate at that age (probably even earlier)

plus obviously losing to Rampage again was probably a huge mental set back, and the second consecutive loss the following fight to Jardine didn't help any.

it's almost amazing to see just how much Chuck's fallen off.

he gets the big W in the 2nd fight vs Ortiz and then it all seemingly goes downhill from UFC 71 till now.

Brick Top
09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
last time i checked he did pretty well against Wanderlei (who, in turn, did pretty well against Dean of Mean...)

This is the worst theory in combat sports , Wanderlei beat the **** out of Quinton Jackson twice , and chuck beat Wanderlie , so I guess with the theory your posting would mean Chuck would beat Jackson !

When will people learn , Styles make fights , Chucks style that has brought him success is becoming his down fall with age , when you start loseing your speed throw wide shots and keep your hands down you are going to be KOed !

Spare Moody
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
This is the worst theory in combat sports , Wanderlei beat the **** out of Quinton Jackson twice , and chuck beat Wanderlie , so I guess with the theory your posting would mean Chuck would beat Jackson !

When will people learn , Styles make fights , Chucks style that has brought him success is becoming his down fall with age , when you start loseing your speed throw wide shots and keep your hands down you are going to be KOed !

it was the worst theory because you misinterpreted my point. my point is that anything can happen in MMA and that merely looking at somebody's win/loss as either a streak or during a given opponent doesn't mean jack ****.

i already commented my opinion on Chuck's fighting style in another thread about this fight. although i agree with what you're saying in general regarding being open to a KO, i would be hesitant in saying this is now automatically applying to Chuck. he's been fighting the same style throughout his entire career and this is his first KO loss ever.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
it was the worst theory because you misinterpreted my point. my point is that anything can happen in MMA and that merely looking at somebody's win/loss as either a streak or during a given opponent doesn't mean jack ****.

i already commented my opinion on Chuck's fighting style in another thread about this fight. although i agree with what you're saying in general regarding being open to a KO, i would be hesitant in saying this is now automatically applying to Chuck. he's been fighting the same style throughout his entire career and this is his first KO loss ever.

Styles make fights to a degree. People need to understand that MMA isn't boxing. EVERYONE, not just big punchers, but EVERYONE has A Puncher's Chance in MMA. ANYONE can be caught at ANY time with a punch that rocks them for the rest of the fight, or puts them out on the spot. It's all due to how small those gloves are and how close it is to a street fight. I've seen Golden Glove boxers get trashed on the street in a scuffle by a jab from a nobody, it all just proves that without gloves, everyone has a puncher's chance. This can be applied to MMA as well because the gloves are designed to protect your hands, not somebody's face.

Note: The above post's theories do not apply to Fedor Emelianenko in any way.

Palma
09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
It goes a bit beyond that if you ask me. It was an open secret that Liddell was going to get the first shot against Griffin some time this winter. Even before the fight it was set up by the commentary team who said: "This past week Chuck has looked like he has a secret to himself." I wonder what secret that could have been? Well, now we know, Liddell was going to get Forrest and White has realised he can't back out now which means he is up **** creek with a PPV headlined by Evans v Griffin, a match which holds about as much interest with the public as a snail race. The only option is to load the undercard of that particular event, preferably with a fight between two popular light-heavyweights, like Wanderlei and Rampage, who actually bring something to the table.

Great point!!

Spare Moody
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Styles make fights to a degree. People need to understand that MMA isn't boxing. EVERYONE, not just big punchers, but EVERYONE has A Puncher's Chance in MMA. ANYONE can be caught at ANY time with a punch that rocks them for the rest of the fight, or puts them out on the spot. It's all due to how small those gloves are and how close it is to a street fight. I've seen Golden Glove boxers get trashed on the street in a scuffle by a jab from a nobody, it all just proves that without gloves, everyone has a puncher's chance. This can be applied to MMA as well because the gloves are designed to protect your hands, not somebody's face.

Note: The above post's theories do not apply to Fedor Emelianenko in any way.

agree 100%.

Double
09-09-2008, 02:03 PM
anybody got the video?

1bad65
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Chucks style that has brought him success is becoming his down fall with age , when you start loseing your speed throw wide shots and keep your hands down you are going to be KOed !

This is correct.

As for Evans Vs Griffin, remember that Forrest Griffin is a pretty big draw, especially with the casual fans. But I do agree that card will need a good undercard as well.

Miburo
09-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Another financial/promoting disaster for the UFC.

jakkups
09-12-2008, 07:52 AM
anybody got the video?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Riggz_/ktfo.gif