View Full Version : Who will win the UFC HW Tourny?

Dice
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
With Randy Couture defending the "real" belt against Brock Lesnar and Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira defending the interim against Frank Mir, the winners of both fight will face each other to be undisputed.

I personally think Nogueira will come out on top. I see no way of Mir beating him since he's basically a submission fighter and I think Randy beats Brock.

Randy can only win by pounding out a decision against Nog while Nog has to catch that submission for a win. Nog unless your Fedor NOG ALWAYS CATCHES THAT SUBMISSION. Randy cant knock him out nor tap him out and Nog has 25 minutes to get ONE submission.

Everyone is talking Randy vs Fedor and forget about Nog like Nog is some second tier opponent. There is finally life at heavweight......

Palma
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Brock will win it

Dice
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Brock will win it

On Smackdown and Raw yes, on UFC no, sorry the WWE creative team can't save him in this one, although you would have all the right in the world to brag if he did win since I dont think people give him much of a shot

GreatestIam
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Brock is unseasoned like Kimbo Slice but as powerful as a diesel truck. He beats all of them, including Mir!

Dice
09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I think Brock is real strong but don't forget Couture knows how to wrestle just like Brock and a literal truck couldnt even knock Nog out when he was a little boy what makes you think a human is gonna knock him out when he's full grown

Palma
09-05-2008, 01:04 AM
All I am saying is that he has a very good puncher's chance of KOing anyone that steps into the Octagon with him. Randy is a wrestler and so is Brock. His strength in the clinch will negate Randy's dirty boxing tactics and on the ground I doubt he can contain Brock.

The person that has a chance is Nog with his BJJ. But he has been in some major wars in his days and I do not see his chin withstanding Brock's punches if he connects.

Dice
09-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Thats actually a good analysis I just don't think Brock had one punch power as crazy as that sounds, he caught both Mir and Herring flush but who knows I still like Nog but its gonna be a good tourny

American_Ninja
09-05-2008, 02:36 AM
There shouldn't even be a tourny. Randy is THE True Champion.
It's all hype due to the last minute making of the Lesnar fight.
When Couture came back, automatic..no more interim champ.
But.... Oh Well!!

Palma
09-05-2008, 03:37 AM
It's all about the $Benjamins$ with Dana. More fights, more pay-perview dollars!

Harms
09-05-2008, 03:46 AM
I think Nog will win. If Brock gets past Randy, I don't see him beating Nog or Mir. Yes, Brock had Mir in a bit of trouble, but he was kneebarred in under 2 minutes. A knee bar of all submissions. It wasn't like he got caught in a gogoplata. He goes to the ground with Mir or Nog, there will be a submission in under one round. I'm thinking Randy may submit him. He is that green in submission defense. Herring is nowhere near the level of any of the other three.

YUHHHHHHH!
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Nogueira Submits Frank Mir. (Unless some freak incident)
Couture TKO's Lesnar.
Nogueira Submits Randy Couture.

I like every fighter in this post with the exception of Brock Lesnar. Nogueira is just a notch above all of them. And quite a few notches above Lesnar.

Gojira
09-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Brock is unseasoned like Kimbo Slice but as powerful as a diesel truck. He beats all of them, including Mir!

But Mir beat lesnar in his first UFC fight.

phallus
09-06-2008, 01:20 AM
I think Nog will win. If Brock gets past Randy, I don't see him beating Nog or Mir. Yes, Brock had Mir in a bit of trouble, but he was kneebarred in under 2 minutes. A knee bar of all submissions. It wasn't like he got caught in a gogoplata. He goes to the ground with Mir or Nog, there will be a submission in under one round. I'm thinking Randy may submit him. He is that green in submission defense. Herring is nowhere near the level of any of the other three.

lesnar has alot of raw talent but he made alot of rookie mistakes against Mir and herring. you can't make those kind of mistakes against randy couture. herring is one dimensional, frank mir has a good ground game - he broke tim sylvia's ****in arm with one of his holds

Palma
09-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Nog and Mir is going to be the match to watch!

We will see whose BJJ is better!

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Nog can box

vinnie7731
09-06-2008, 10:02 AM
lesnar has alot of raw talent but he made alot of rookie mistakes against Mir and herring. you can't make those kind of mistakes against randy couture. herring is one dimensional, frank mir has a good ground game - he broke tim sylvia's ****in arm with one of his holds
i agree. yes lesnar is strong but lacks the experience. your right, he made a mistake against mir and mir capitalized on it.

Nog can box
nog can box is a great point also........he can also take punches like no one i have ever seen.

number6
09-06-2008, 12:41 PM

Herring would wipe the floor with Mir

With Randy Couture defending the "real" belt against Brock Lesnar and Antonio Rodrigo Nogeuira defending the interim against Frank Mir, the winners of both fight will face each other to be undisputed.

My take on it is that Nog should win.

It could depend on who he fights in the second match,I dont rate Mir too highly and cant see him causing any real problems for Nog.

His second fight could be different tho, although he has what it takes to get past both men i think that Randys style and experience will give him a good shot at beating him with his gnp style and he would be able to avoid the subs better than Brock.

The thing is i dont think Randy will reach that stage. Lesnor could just overpower him and pick up the win.It may end up like Frye v Coleman in UFC 10, where a big wrestler gets mauled by a huge wrestler.

So that would leave Nog v Lesnor in the final, in a 25 min fight im sure that Nog will at some stage catch the inexperienced Lesnor with a sub.