View Full Version : Eveyone add a reason why MMA is better then boxing!!!

Unknown Champ
08-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Boxing is to inconsistent and we have to wait to long to watch a great fighter fight again!!:wtf1:

Memorex
08-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Uh Stacey Dash is so ****ing hott. I wanna put on a minors helmet and dig up in that ass till I pass out.

Virgil Caine
08-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Both sports are badass imo.

NuckleHead11
08-31-2008, 05:38 PM
MMA forums aren't filled with 10 page threads trying to prove that boxing is lame.

neils7147933
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
MMA forums aren't filled with 10 page threads trying to prove that boxing is lame.
But they will be if idiots like the threadstarter keep starting **** like this.

All of these threads on this topic (there's probably 50 in the archives) belong in the Thunderdome

jakkups
08-31-2008, 07:30 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXtnRZVUrkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uXtnRZVUrkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kakutogi-Gumi
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
You wouldn't see numbnuts posters trying to say one sport is better then another.

Unknown Champ
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Take it easy ladies, it is just a question and it seems lonely here???

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Well it's a silly question and you need to ask yourself what **** you were on that even gave you the notion of asking it.

TRAVI$
09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
GSP wears little panties, end.

TRAVI$
09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/6115-StPierreSerraUFC83.jpg

Snug.

Ace Dutrey
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
MMA is not superior to boxing, nor is boxing superior to MMA. It is all based on the individual. You may know all the techniques in the world in either but if one individual executes/ perfected his craft better than someone else then that's the problem. Although you may argue the case that in MMA you are a complete fighter rather than one dimensional. In either case it all depends on the individual. I train in both and have seen great and horrid fighters in both. So it must boil down to the individual.

-Ace

T-97
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
MMA is not superior to boxing, nor is boxing superior to MMA. It is all based on the individual. You may know all the techniques in the world in either but if one individual executes/ perfected his craft better than someone else then that's the problem. Although you may argue the case that in MMA you are a complete fighter rather than one dimensional. In either case it all depends on the individual. I train in both and have seen great and horrid fighters in both. So it must boil down to the individual.

-Ace

Great Post,

I think the way MMA and Boxing fans go around trying to say how their sport is better than the others is silly. I prefer boxing, but I don't mind MMA. But i don't see the need to go around saying one is better than the other.

Do we compare Football ("Soccer") and NFL (American Football)? No, why? Because they are 2 entirely different sports.

MJ406
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Great Post,

I think the way MMA and Boxing fans go around trying to say how their sport is better than the others is silly. I prefer boxing, but I don't mind MMA. But i don't see the need to go around saying one is better than the other.

Do we compare Football ("Soccer") and NFL (American Football)? No, why? Because they are 2 entirely different sports.

it's an American "tradition" I've noticed so to speak to take things in sports and just compare them for the hell of it ... like take some of the following

is LeBron James better then Kobe Bryant/Michael Jordan

or are the Laker's 2000-2002 Championship teams better then the Chicago Bulls 1990's teams

or take another real life sports example. i vividly remember when the Red Sox won the World Series and Jason Varitek the catcher was interviewed, what was the first question asked? "was this championship team better then the 2004 Red Sox team?"

and then that carries over into comparing Boxing to MMA.

Undefeated
09-01-2008, 05:23 PM
MMA is not better than boxing.

Some fighters in the MMA provide us with great fights, but most of them are just boring. In boxing there is more potential of making a great fight. For example, A fighter is knocked down, he has the oppurtunity to comeback, and most of the times, fighters do. In MMA, you get knocked down once, the ref would most likely step in, and most of the time fighters are KO'ed once they hit the floor, but I seen alot of refs stop **** for no reason.

Virgil Caine
09-02-2008, 02:59 AM
MMA is not better than boxing.

Some fighters in the MMA provide us with great fights, but most of them are just boring. In boxing there is more potential of making a great fight. For example, A fighter is knocked down, he has the oppurtunity to comeback, and most of the times, fighters do. In MMA, you get knocked down once, the ref would most likely step in, and most of the time fighters are KO'ed once they hit the floor, but I seen alot of refs stop **** for no reason.

Actually guys usually are given a chance to recover provided they defend themselves. Sometimes when a guy gets knocked down he becomes discombobulated and is unable to defend himself, in which case the ref usually (and rightfully) steps in. Other times, you will see a guy get knocked down clean, but he is able to land in a guard position and intelligently defend themselves, in which case the fight generally goes on. However, there is certainly no mandatory 8 count for a fighter to recover, as there is in boxing.

Cuauhtémoc1520
09-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I agree, it's dumb to say one is better than the other because they are two very different sports. I think that MMA is the closest thing we will see to real life combat. The thing that is great about MMA is that it has answered the age old question of, what discipline is better, wrestling, striking ect.

The reason why I love boxing so much and prefer it to MMA is because it's "limitations" as Joe rogan put it, is what makes it so exciting. You can't grab someone and throw them to the ground, you can't put someone in a choke hold or lock. The fact that it's man vs man with only fists, makes for great drama.

Boxing is more pure, it's a discilpline that is so speciallized that it creates for levels of striking not ever seen in MMA. Also the fact that a fight is much different from round 1-6 as it is 7-12. Stamina plays a bigger role in boxing than MMA even though you have to be in incredible shape for both.

MMA is what it is, it's "fighting", boxing is the highest level of striking with the fists you will find on the planet.

Both are great....

FluugMacMan
09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Well put cuauhtemoc1496, very well put.

Tuggers1986
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
only 17 replies!!

Better luck next time.

dave777
09-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Why can't people like both :boxing: I DO!!!!!!

Pecs
09-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I like both.....but a highly skilled mma fighter will beat a highly skilled boxer 8 out of 10 times in a FIGHT......(without weapons)

-MAKAVELLI-
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
the only thing i dont like about MMA is Dana White's relentless bashing of boxing...he feeds the neandrathals that follow the sport and have no clue as to what the sweet science is all about...

i watch both and enjoy any type of combat but watching MMA usually means hangin out with friends who always have to tell me 'how boxing is dying and this is where its at'...it gets annoying...my only response is 'THE most exciting part of MMA is when both fighters PRETEND to be boxers and slug it out'

Cuauhtémoc1520
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM
the only thing i dont like about MMA is Dana White's relentless bashing of boxing...he feeds the neandrathals that follow the sport and have no clue as to what the sweet science is all about...

i watch both and enjoy any type of combat but watching MMA usually means hangin out with friends who always have to tell me 'how boxing is dying and this is where its at'...it gets annoying...my only response is 'THE most exciting part of MMA is when both fighters PRETEND to be boxers and slug it out'

He's just creating controversy. H e himself has admited his roots are in boxing and he watches all the big time fights even tot his day. A lot of the MMa guys do. I remember watching some MMA show and they had a close up of Matt Hughes watching the DLH vs Mayweather fight.

Unknown Champ
09-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Well put gentlemen!!

Kakutogi-Gumi
09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
GSP wears little panties, end.

You're just jelious because he can make them work.