View Full Version : Mahyar Monshipour

muay
11-03-2004, 04:55 AM
Mahyar Monshipour
WBA Superbantamweight champ
25W(16KO's)-2D-1L
Never fought outside France, 2 successful title defenses vs. unknowns.

I have never seen him fight, i'd like to hear other people's opinion of him. He'll defend his belt on the 8th of this month against Yoddamrong Sithyodthong 40W(18KO's)-1L-1D, never fought outside of Thailand as well. Notable win is over compatriot and current WBO Bantamweight champ Ratanchai Sor Vorapin only. I saw clips of his (Yodda) training and sparring, and i must say that i'm impressed. If he ever gets strapped, he'll be the 6th Thai currently holding a major belt.

Your thoughts. Thanks.

JOM'S
11-03-2004, 05:43 AM
he'll be the 6th Thai currently holding a major belt.

wow, are all those world title belts or does that include international belts & regional belts only....

muay
11-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Major belts only jomapac, let's list it down...

1. Yodsanan 3K Battery Nanthachai - WBA Superfeatherweight champ
2. Veeraphol Sahaprom - WBC Bantamweight champ
3. Ratanachai Sor Vorapin - WBO Bantamweight champ
4. Pongsaklek Wonjongkham - WBC Flyweight champ
5. Eagle Akakura - WBC Minimumweight champ (Thai based in Japan)

If we will include those other scrappy belts from the WBU, WBF, PABA, OPBF and ABC...it could be nearly 20. ;)

JOM'S
11-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Wow, Boxing in Thailand is really thriving, I just hope the Philippines will take Thailand as a model to improve our boxing structure in the Philippines.....

I work with a lot of Thais and if not for the languange difference you can not tell who is Thai & who is Filipino, I think they are the closes to us Filipinos physically speaking than any of our Asian Brothers....

So, I think if they can do it, we Pinoys can do it also, just cut the crap and really work for it, I know we could....

tino
11-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Mahyar Monshipour
WBA Superbantamweight champ
25W(16KO's)-2D-1L
Never fought outside France, 2 successful title defenses vs. unknowns.

I have never seen him fight, i'd like to hear other people's opinion of him. He'll defend his belt on the 8th of this month against Yoddamrong Sithyodthong 40W(18KO's)-1L-1D, never fought outside of Thailand as well. Notable win is over compatriot and current WBO Bantamweight champ Ratanchai Sor Vorapin only. I saw clips of his (Yodda) training and sparring, and i must say that i'm impressed. If he ever gets strapped, he'll be the 6th Thai currently holding a major belt.

Your thoughts. Thanks.

i saw monshipour fight a lot of times . he is a short strong pressure fighter with high punch output , but not a one punch KO artist.

he has an high guard , but his defense his pressure , he nevers dodge punches . he will be fighting in PARIS , ill be live to see it . i never saw the thai opponent , but IMO ,as a former thai boxer i m used to thai fighters , and they are very tuff and offensive minded , so your guy may have a shot. but he hasnt to win by KO , the judges are fair most of the time in big fights in paris.

i can post you the results live if you want.

JOM'S
11-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info Tino, and we will be waiting for the results....

tino
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info Tino, and we will be waiting for the results....

i ll send it round by round , you can count on me.

muay
11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
i saw monshipour fight a lot of times . he is a short strong pressure fighter with high punch output , but not a one punch KO artist.

he has an high guard , but his defense his pressure , he nevers dodge punches . he will be fighting in PARIS , ill be live to see it . i never saw the thai opponent , but IMO ,as a former thai boxer i m used to thai fighters , and they are very tuff and offensive minded , so your guy may have a shot. but he hasnt to win by KO , the judges are fair most of the time in big fights in paris.

i can post you the results live if you want.

post the results tino, kop khun krap! ;)

so we have a good match-up here, Monshipour a constant pressure fighter and Yoddamrong a boxer with a nice jab, good footwork & selective punches. Nice. I hope to watch it on Ch7. I'm not really a muay thai fighter like you but I practice it as a form of physical exercise and gets to have some friendly matches as well, but not competitive. hahahaha :)

jont
11-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Sithyodong is a good fighter I have not seen the fight when he lost the title but i heard he did not protect himself at the end of the Round to Osamu Sato. Does anyone have any information on this fight?

JOM'S
11-08-2004, 02:28 AM
calling on Tino, we are expecting the results of the fight....

tino
11-08-2004, 05:59 AM
calling on Tino, we are expecting the results of the fight....

dude fight is tonight , it starts in 12 hours . cnat post results of what didnt happened.

BTW , fight will be on thai channel 7 , i just read it in a french site.

tino
11-08-2004, 06:01 AM
pictures of the press conference , and the weigh-in

http://www.netboxe.com/imgba/ima4263g.jpg

http://www.netboxe.com/imgba/ima4277.jpg

JOM'S
11-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the Pics Tino, as soon as there are result, could you update us here, I am somewhere in the middle of the Sahara, no way for me to see the fight....Thank you in advance

tino
11-08-2004, 09:33 PM
here we go guys :

monshipour vs yoddamrong

the fight was an all out war :)

round 1 : monshipour with an high guard , applies pressure and sticks inside , using uppercuts , mainly the left , followed by bodyshots . yoddamrong answers with a good guard but lack of head movement. he blocks punches , waiting for an opening with the left hook or the right uppercut.

a few combos from monshipour land , but he doenst seem to bother the thai , who answers with less blows but sharper and seemingly harder punches.

round 2 : the fight is still in a phonebooth , both men seems to have agreed to forgot about lateral movement. monshipour applies steady pressure , but the thai blocks and counter wery well. the body shots from monshipour seems to have hurt him as he seems winded. at the end of the round , the thai seems overhelmed by the hooks and uppercuts from monshipour but he reacts with 2 goods counter left hooks at the end of the round.$

round 3 : the arena is gone wild , the fight is a small gatti ward . the thai choose not to seat between rounds . monshipour face is turning red. they both go to the center of the ring . monshipour strenght allow him to bully the thai around , but a counter right uppercut send him to the rope , the thai thinks he got him and go for the finish ! but it was a trap , as monshipour let him come and counters with a solid hook uppercut combo ! the thai absorb the punishment but seems to be tired and slowed , thx to the body work.

round 4 : monshipour pressure is getting smarter as he uses his jab to settle combinations . this new weapon bothers the thai , who starts fighting from the outside , but his legs seems gone , and moshipour corners him and then punish him with bodyshots.

round 5 : the thai is still on his feets , this guy is warrior.
monshipour lands at will now , and the referee is about to stop it , when he reacts with hooks that woobles monshipour !
but thats just enough to fininsh the round.

round 6 : monshipour jumps on the challenger who takes a beating now. a body shot foolowed big a right uppercuts send him to the canvas! the crowd already chants monshipour name who jumps around . but somehow yoddmarong get up. a barrage from monshipour send him to the ropes . the referee has seen enough and stops the fight.

a great fight , really. cool to see it live. i ll post a few pics later. sorry thaiboxer and jomapac , but your guy fought bravely , you can be proud , he was ovationned by the french crowd.

muay
11-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the update tino! :)

So it was a phone booth type of a fight, hmmm...in the pre-fight interview his team said that he will box Mahyar from the outside since he don't really possess KO power inhis hands. Their ploy backfired obviously.

Props to the champ Monshipour. I heard in some boards that he will unify his WBA strap with WBO champ Joan Guzman, any confirmation on this? many thanks bro. :)

THRILLAinmanila
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Major belts only jomapac, let's list it down...

1. Yodsanan 3K Battery Nanthachai - WBA Superfeatherweight champ
2. Veeraphol Sahaprom - WBC Bantamweight champ
3. Ratanachai Sor Vorapin - WBO Bantamweight champ
4. Pongsaklek Wonjongkham - WBC Flyweight champ
5. Eagle Akakura - WBC Minimumweight champ (Thai based in Japan)

If we will include those other scrappy belts from the WBU, WBF, PABA, OPBF and ABC...it could be nearly 20. ;)

Very impressive ! Thai boxers have always been known to be world-class ...:)

tino
11-09-2004, 05:30 AM
some pics

http://www.netboxe.com/imgba/ima4282a.jpg

http://www.netboxe.com/imgba/ima4283b.jpg

JOM'S
11-09-2004, 05:39 AM
here we go guys :

monshipour vs yoddamrong

the fight was an all out war :)

round 1 : monshipour with an high guard , applies pressure and sticks inside , using uppercuts , mainly the left , followed by bodyshots . yoddamrong answers with a good guard but lack of head movement. he blocks punches , waiting for an opening with the left hook or the right uppercut.

a few combos from monshipour land , but he doenst seem to bother the thai , who answers with less blows but sharper and seemingly harder punches.

round 2 : the fight is still in a phonebooth , both men seems to have agreed to forgot about lateral movement. monshipour applies steady pressure , but the thai blocks and counter wery well. the body shots from monshipour seems to have hurt him as he seems winded. at the end of the round , the thai seems overhelmed by the hooks and uppercuts from monshipour but he reacts with 2 goods counter left hooks at the end of the round.$

round 3 : the arena is gone wild , the fight is a small gatti ward . the thai choose not to seat between rounds . monshipour face is turning red. they both go to the center of the ring . monshipour strenght allow him to bully the thai around , but a counter right uppercut send him to the rope , the thai thinks he got him and go for the finish ! but it was a trap , as monshipour let him come and counters with a solid hook uppercut combo ! the thai absorb the punishment but seems to be tired and slowed , thx to the body work.

round 4 : monshipour pressure is getting smarter as he uses his jab to settle combinations . this new weapon bothers the thai , who starts fighting from the outside , but his legs seems gone , and moshipour corners him and then punish him with bodyshots.

round 5 : the thai is still on his feets , this guy is warrior.
monshipour lands at will now , and the referee is about to stop it , when he reacts with hooks that woobles monshipour !
but thats just enough to fininsh the round.

round 6 : monshipour jumps on the challenger who takes a beating now. a body shot foolowed big a right uppercuts send him to the canvas! the crowd already chants monshipour name who jumps around . but somehow yoddmarong get up. a barrage from monshipour send him to the ropes . the referee has seen enough and stops the fight.

a great fight , really. cool to see it live. i ll post a few pics later. sorry thaiboxer and jomapac , but your guy fought bravely , you can be proud , he was ovationned by the french crowd.

Tino, thanks for the round by round action, like Muay Thai, I would also like to here confirmation if monshipour will unify the belts with Guzman.....Thanks again

tino
11-09-2004, 05:44 AM
there will be an interview of monshipour today or tomorrow , once i have it i ll tell you , dont worry.

JOM'S
11-09-2004, 09:54 AM
there will be an interview of monshipour today or tomorrow , once i have it i ll tell you , dont worry.

Thanks again Tino...

tino
11-09-2004, 02:44 PM
ok i just read the interview.

monshipour says he wants any champion to unify , including guzman , and that if he cant land a career defining fight i ll move to featherweight to fight MAB or erik morales.

he would get destroyed by both IMO.

JOM'S
11-10-2004, 11:09 AM
ok i just read the interview.

monshipour says he wants any champion to unify , including guzman , and that if he cant land a career defining fight i ll move to featherweight to fight MAB or erik morales.

he would get destroyed by both IMO.

Thanks again Tino, a fight with Guzman willbe interesting to watch, hope that fight happens.....

Lefthookhappy19
11-10-2004, 03:44 PM
It sure would. Guzman KO2, Monshipours made for him, also a lot bigger than him.

pinaldino
11-14-2004, 04:41 PM
I was also impressed by Mahyar's performance, also it's interesting to note he started boxing only 12 years ago. actually I saw his 4 previous fights and imo he's improving everytime...better defence and better accuracy in his power punches. I'm just wondering what would happen when he gets hurt by a bigger puncher? He's always been the stronger man so far.
Against world class featherweights he doesn't stand a chance and I would hate to watch him get KO'd. he should stay at superbattam it's perfect for his size!! :cool:

mr. bojangles
11-15-2004, 02:14 AM
It sure would. Guzman KO2, Monshipours made for him, also a lot bigger than him.

We'll see about that. After Guzman-Joe Morales fiasco? This guy should've been stripped of his belt for not properly making weight. Poor Licona he could've given a better fight...i'd prefer to see Guzman against a JMMarquez left-over, see what he can do.

JOM'S
11-15-2004, 03:08 AM
We'll see about that. After Guzman-Joe Morales fiasco? This guy should've been stripped of his belt for not properly making weight. Poor Licona he could've given a better fight...i'd prefer to see Guzman against a JMMarquez left-over, see what he can do.

Nice avatar, but what you mean by JMM leftovers, do you mean like Gainer....

mr. bojangles
11-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Nice avatar, but what you mean by JMM leftovers, do you mean like Gainer....

sorry, my grammar sucks...i meant Marcos Licona, he's got the balls to stand in front of JMMarquez and trade, til JMM made him utter "no mas" ;)

JOM'S
11-15-2004, 07:18 AM
sorry, my grammar sucks...i meant Marcos Licona, he's got the balls to stand in front of JMMarquez and trade, til JMM made him utter "no mas" ;)

OK, I think Guzman is good and Monshipours will be a good determining fight, where he is at....

If Licona can go toe to toe with JMM for sure he will also give Guzman trouble....

JOM'S
11-15-2004, 07:21 AM

And I really like that avatar and would give you good karma but I have max out reputation for the day....

Lefthookhappy19
11-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Guzman had just over 7 days to prepare for the Morales/Licona fight. Being as big as he is he was never going to make the weight in that amount of time. As far as he was concerned it was a non title match at 128. The promoters where telling different camps different things. The contract for a title fight was not signed so this proves this, thus he cannot be stripped. Almost better if he gets stripped. The WBO title has been a curse on his career.

JOM'S
11-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Guzman had just over 7 days to prepare for the Morales/Licona fight. Being as big as he is he was never going to make the weight in that amount of time. As far as he was concerned it was a non title match at 128. The promoters where telling different camps different things. The contract for a title fight was not signed so this proves this, thus he cannot be stripped. Almost better if he gets stripped. The WBO title has been a curse on his career.

I think he has two option to either unify the belts or go for broke and campaign against the big boys of FW...