GSP won by UD

Joe2608
08-20-2008, 12:26 PM
GSP by KO/TKO.

ABOSWORTH
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
They fought a couple years ago

GSP won by UD

It was a really close fight I thought. I think GSP will win more convincingly this time. I don't think he'll stop him though.

SnoopySmurf
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
GSP to win by decision at 170.

At a lower weight class today? Penn by decision. 170 is too heavy for him.

garryd
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Penn is the most natural gifted fighter in the world ,GSP is good but gotta go with Penn via points !

vinnie7731
08-20-2008, 05:18 PM
i got penn winning by submission. i was at the last fight and was surprised by the outcome just by looking at the damage done to gsp's face by penn. i think penn gassed in the later rounds which is why he lost the decision. gsp won the fight but not by much. i dont see this happening again. there is no way bj will lose to gsp again. bj has changed around some of his training and seems to be a lot more serious about his cardio which is basically why he lost the first time. if this fight happens i will bet all my points on penn.

SnoopySmurf
08-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Remember guys, the fight is at 170 lbs.

number6
08-21-2008, 05:24 PM
I dont think Penn will have the cardio to beat GSP in a 5 round fight.

This should be a good fight, BJ will have his moments but i feel GSP's superior conditioning will be the difference once they enter the championship rounds.

So i would go with GSP by ud or late TKO.

garryd
08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I dont think Penn will have the cardio to beat GSP in a 5 round fight.

This should be a good fight, BJ will have his moments but i feel GSP's superior conditioning will be the difference once they enter the championship rounds.

So i would go with GSP by ud or late TKO.That is a good point ! i didnt think about that ,of course its a 5 round fight this time round!
Maybe i am wrong to pick Penn !?

letsgobrady
08-21-2008, 06:19 PM
i don't believe anyone can beat b.j penn, i thoght b.j won the 1st time, it was the 3rd round that was the swing round and i thoght b.j was using gsp with the hands but gsp had 2 takedowns in that round thats probably why the judges gave it to gsp.
when b.j is on his A game he can't lose

MOREBASS
08-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Tough fight to call,especially after seeing GSP obliterate Fitch like he did.

LOL @ someone saying BJ was going to get KO'd.

Dude has a top 5 chin in MMA. As far as his cardio goes, he's in much better physical condition than he was the first time around, but GSP has improved his stand up and jiu-jitsu...

I see this fight standing as both guys have great takedown defense, and both have really good ground games.

My heart says BJ...but my head says Rush will take a very close split decision. I hope BJ wins so that we can get an immediate rubber match !

Virgil Caine
08-22-2008, 06:14 AM
That is a good point ! i didnt think about that ,of course its a 5 round fight this time round!
Maybe i am wrong to pick Penn !?

He'll be a complete idiot not to have the cardio to last 5 rounds this time. I think Penn has been over-talented but very under-prepared in past fights. I think he's actually being a professional now and entering fights prepared.

ABOSWORTH
08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
He'll be a complete idiot not to have the cardio to last 5 rounds this time. I think Penn has been over-talented but very under-prepared in past fights. I think he's actually being a professional now and entering fights prepared.

I agree, he seemed to come in slightly out of shape when he was fighting at WW and just relying on his abilities and he was still able to make it a very close fight with GSP. GSP has improved a lot though.. Tough to call this one..

number6
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM

But can he handle GSP's 'riddim' for a full 5 rounds.

Don Corleone
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Proven by recent performance, I think GSP will take this fight in either a UD decision or a 5th round TKO. His fight with Fitch showed how much he has improved in terms of defending his title and how he can rip apart his competitors as he has done in the welterweight division.

Bj Penn has improved since their last fight but so has GSP and I think his consistency, improved striking and improved Jiu-Jitsu (since their first fight), will be big factors to beating Penn also with the fact that it's a 5 round fight and his stamina needs to be superb which shouldn't be a real problem for GSP but more of a problem for Penn as we have seen in their first fight.

Both have the greatest take down defense in the UFC, so it will be interesting to see what will happen, but with GSP having the definite size advantage over Penn, he will be more comfortable of the two in this fight, and might look to implement his take down of Penn fairly early as he has done in his recent fights and IMO, he will end up being victorious in their re-match. GSP at this point is very dominant at welterweight and I don't see anyone in that division being able to stop him...

number6
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Proven by recent performance, I think GSP will take this fight in either a UD decision or a 5th round TKO. His fight with Fitch showed how much he has improved in terms of defending his title and how he can rip apart his competitors as he has done in the welterweight division.

Bj Penn has improved since their last fight but so has GSP and I think his consistency, improved striking and improved Jiu-Jitsu (since their first fight), will be big factors to beating Penn also with the fact that it's a 5 round fight and his stamina needs to be superb which shouldn't be a real problem for GSP but more of a problem for Penn as we have seen in their first fight.

Both have the greatest take down defense in the UFC, so it will be interesting to see what will happen, but with GSP having the definite size advantage over Penn, he will be more comfortable of the two in this fight, and might look to implement his take down of Penn fairly early as he has done in his recent fights and IMO, he will end up being victorious in their re-match. GSP at this point is very dominant at welterweight and I don't see anyone in that division being able to stop him...

I would agree with that, if Kos, Hughes and Fitch cant come close to out wrestling him you would have to think that the best chance of him losing would be to a devastating striker with top takedown defence. I dont see anyone in the division that fits that mold.

I only see him getting beat if he moves up in weight.

vinnie7731
08-22-2008, 07:24 PM

bj has improved as well. bj's striking skills were and in my opinion still are far superior to gsp. the only way gsp will win is if he can take penn down and ground and pounds his way to a decision like he did last time. and, the only way that will happen is if bj comes in out of shape. bj picked him apart during the first fight in the stand up.
that just my opinion

Don Corleone
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
bj has improved as well. bj's striking skills were and in my opinion still are far superior to gsp. the only way gsp will win is if he can take penn down and ground and pounds his way to a decision like he did last time. and, the only way that will happen is if bj comes in out of shape. bj picked him apart during the first fight in the stand up.
that just my opinion

Yes but I think GSP's striking as improved very much compared to how much Bj's improved as we have seen with Sherk and with GSP as we have seen in his fight with Serra and Fitch proves it. I think he can stand with Penn and even possibly do really good on their feet. And he's also showed that he isn't afraid to keep it standing up. Would you want to bet all your points on this fight?

vinnie7731
08-23-2008, 10:01 PM
yeah, i would and will bet all my points on bj if your interested? or anyone else??

WLAD OWNS
08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
yeah, i would and will bet all my points on bj if your interested? or anyone else??

I'll take that bet

Palma
08-24-2008, 01:35 AM
It's a tough call, both are top of the food chain MMA fighters so it can go either way. BJ at 170 is strong as an OX and mix that with his new and improved cardio and boxing skills....I predict it to go the distance.

The winner of this fight will solidify his place as one of the best ever forsure.

We want Floyd
08-24-2008, 02:56 AM
GSP will win the rematch. If Penn is unable to put/keep the fight on the ground, GSP's margin of victory will be even bigger. I'd like GSP to really work the Thai kicks this time around, once the legs are gone, I don't give a sh*t who you are, you simply turn into a sitting duck whether you're standing up or on the ground.

BJ's stand-up has gotten better, but it's nowhere near GSP's.

vinnie7731
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
GSP will win the rematch. If Penn is unable to put/keep the fight on the ground, GSP's margin of victory will be even bigger. I'd like GSP to really work the Thai kicks this time around, once the legs are gone, I don't give a sh*t who you are, you simply turn into a sitting duck whether you're standing up or on the ground.

your saying gsp's standup is better??? watch any of bj's fights including the first bj/gsp fight and then you will see who has a better chin and who has better standup skills.

bj gassed the first fight late in the 2nd round, which is why he lost.

vinnie7731
08-24-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll take that bet

i already have a bet with sugar-mosley, but if you want a smaller bet it might be possible by december

Still Pimpin
08-28-2008, 03:17 AM

That's crazy Bj's stand up is light years ahead of GSP's. I don't think GSP will throw with him like that. BJ's gonna cut his face up GSP will take BJ down and BJ will submit GSP from the ground ........

If not that BJ will knock him out with his knee in the 3rd round after a lot of wrestling around.

:boxing:

BJ kicked GSP's ass when he was breathing !!! The fight was very one sided until BJ's cardio (lack of respect for the game) caught up with him.

This fight is better for GSP than A.Silva .....at least he stands a chance.

BTW if it happens A.Silva Chokes Liddell out in the 2nd round after rockin him with somethin only he could pull of. :boxing:

Left Hook Tua
08-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Did they already fight and who won.

penn got robbed. he wasn't in proper shape and still dominated.

too bad he hurt himself. he would've finished off frenchie for sure. :D

Left Hook Tua
08-28-2008, 03:36 AM

bj is not as technical as gsp striking but bj got some power.

besides bj got some chin.

bj by omoplata round 3.