View Full Version : Brock Lesnar proved alot tonight

KESSLER
08-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Not only did he prove that he is the real deal, and the Lesnar that fought Herring would give Mir alot more problems. But anyway, we all saw Lesnar dominate that fight, and I think Lesnar displayed some good punching power. Another thing he proved is, if he ever fought this overrated and overhyped piece of **** Kimbo Slice... Kimbo Slice would get ****ing killed.

Blair_Wells#32
08-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Kessler..you've got my support on every word u posted 2nite...

KESSLER
08-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Kessler..you've got my support on every word u posted 2nite...

I'm glad somebody agrees with me. One of my friends thought Kimbo would murder Lesnar.

Kimbo has zero ground game, and his boxing won't work against Lesnar. Simple reason for that, Lesnar is gonna rush in with take downs and Kimbo is not gonna know what hit him. They're gonna need bull**** stoppages AGAIN to save him if he ever fought Lesnar.

Corizz
08-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Lesnar is a monster. He took his time, was patient tonight. I liked the way he fought. Even if he didnt get a knock out. He got alot of experience. He can definately build on that. I would say that it gives him confidence, but who am i trying to kid. He doesnt lack confidence. lol

Blair_Wells#32
08-10-2008, 06:12 AM
wohoo someone with sense, alot of kimbo nut huggers saying he's the future of the sport.
kimbo would get worked like he did the last fight he got exposed in with a no talent fighter.
brock would kill the joke known as kimbo.
no question.

KESSLER
08-10-2008, 06:17 AM
wohoo someone with sense, alot of kimbo nut huggers saying he's the future of the sport.
kimbo would get worked like he did the last fight he got exposed in with a no talent fighter.
brock would kill the joke known as kimbo.
no question.

That's very true. Kimbo is just a YouTube fighter, fighting bums for SMALL pay checks. This is the real deal, there is no room for jokes like Kimbo. Every top heavyweight out there would smash him.

KESSLER
08-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Lesnar is a monster. He took his time, was patient tonight. I liked the way he fought. Even if he didnt get a knock out. He got alot of experience. He can definately build on that. I would say that it gives him confidence, but who am i trying to kid. He doesnt lack confidence. lol

Yeah, I loved the way he fought. He just took his time and was patient, like you said. I think he could of went for a submission but didn't, and continued to dominate a veteran in Heath Herring, and he looked impressive doing so.

snoopy360
08-10-2008, 10:08 AM
His wrestling is insane. To think a guy that huge can move that quick and not even be gassed after man handling a true heavy weight is just WOW! I enjoyed that fight alot. Go Brock Go!!!

MJ406
08-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't think Brock just showed his power in this fight specifically

keep in mind Lesnar won his first MMA fight by making his opponent tap via strikes.

heck even in his last fight vs Mir, Brock still did his damage via his fists. and Frank's face showed the effects post fight.

and oh yeah he's huge, looked absolutely massive compared to Herring.

Afterglow
08-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Brock is a beast, and he showed it.

I have heard some haters whine about him not finishing Herring. But most of them fail to realize that he was being cautious. Maybe a little over cautious. But he didn't want to do anything risky and get caught. He already has one UFC loss. And another one would not bode well for him.

I hope he gets Kongo next.

th4l3pr3ch4un
08-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Brocks takedowns are simply FLAWLESS!!!! He has a big right hand, deffinantly has striking in his arsenal. I deffinantly agree he was being cautious last night but i cant blame him at all. Cautious, but dominant as well. He knew he was winning the fight, it would have been a huge shame if herring caught that kamura. Thats a huge win for Brock, he gained ALOT of fans last night.

TheGreatA
08-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, if you know anything about Heath Herring, and I've followed most of his career, you know that he is ridiculously easy to take down and almost as easy to keep down but extremely hard to finish.

Lesnar did what he had to do, exactly what I thought he was capable of, but he wasn't able to finish, so he didn't surprise me. He really didn't do much better than Jake O'Brien.

I do give him credit for beating Herring in only his 3rd fight but it was not all that impressive to me. If knees to the head were allowed it could've been a lot more exciting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F4jBzBhNnw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F4jBzBhNnw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mozza
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
If Lesnar can learn to capitalise on submission attempts he will become one of the most dangerous men in the business.

Spare Moody
08-10-2008, 01:30 PM
anyone who thinks Kimbo would stand a chance against Lessner is ****in moron.

i agree that Brock needs to work on his submissions. granted, he may have been acting cautious and Heath has generally been hard to finish in the past but i still think it's the most important lesson that Brock should have taken away from that fight.

also didn't appreciate his attitude after the fight. i think he's going for "the guy you love to hate and hate to love" aspect.

and i'd LOVE to see him against Nog. obviously they won't give him the title fight for awhile and Nog would wrap him up in the end.......but not after Lessner dished out a few rounds of exciting mayhem.

Joe2608
08-10-2008, 02:44 PM
I'd love to see him fight Kimbo. Kimbo would get murdered and it would be hilarious. I think Brock's only weakness is getting submitted. I think a submission master like Frank Mir would easilly submit him again if they fought.

number6
08-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Very impressive performance by Brock against a experienced fighter who has faced top level opposition for years.

I just hope they dont rush him into the title picture too soon. Remember this was only his 3rd MMA fight. He should have a few fights first and gain more fight experience.

I would like to see him against Antoni Hardonk or Cheick Kongo next.

res
08-10-2008, 04:07 PM
lol hey if this WWE guy goes much further he's going to make modern MMA look pretty bad as a sport.

KESSLER
08-10-2008, 04:10 PM
lol hey if this WWE guy goes much further he's going to make modern MMA look pretty bad as a sport.

Why? He's an amazing wrestler:

* North Dakota State University's annual Bison tournament
o 1997 winner - Heavyweight
o 1998 winner - Heavyweight
o 1999 winner - Heavyweight
* Collegiate
o 1998 Junior College National Champion
o 2 Time Big Ten Title (1999-2000)
o 1999 NCAA Division I runner-up
o Ranked the #1 Heavyweight in the Big Ten (2000)
o 2000 NCAA Division I Champion
o 2 Time NJCAA All American

The fact that they overhype Kimbo so much and try to sell him, when all he has done is fight on YouTube vs. some random bums is making the sport look worse.

BALLISTIC
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
anyone got the fight...clip

YUHHHHHHH!
08-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I think Lesnar showed lots of control and that he has great wrestling, but I was unimpressed with his lack of risk taking and attempts to finish the fight.

Proved a lot physically, but showed a lot of mental weakness. Especially in the Post-Fight interview.

jakkups
08-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Not only did he prove that he is the real deal, and the Lesnar that fought Herring would give Mir alot more problems. But anyway, we all saw Lesnar dominate that fight, and I think Lesnar displayed some good punching power. Another thing he proved is, if he ever fought this overrated and overhyped piece of **** Kimbo Slice... Kimbo Slice would get ****ing killed.

Very well put sir. Anyone who thinks Kimbo could come close to beating Lesnar is crazy let alone actually beating Lesnar. Plus at least with Lesnar's first 2 bouts in the UFC he has fought a former UFC HW champ and a seasoned Pride Vet that has mixed it up with the best of the best. When you compare that to Tank Abbott, Bo Cantrell and James Thompson it shows that Kimbo can't even hold Brock's jock.

MJ406
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I can't blame Brock for holding back a lil and fighting more conservative .. keep in mind his fight last night was not only his longest as an MMA fighter but the first of his to go longer then a round

it's unrealistic for Lesnar to try and take his opponents out in under a minute, so IMO nothing wrong with him grinding out a 3 round decision and getting that experience.

**remember of course vs Mir he rushed for the finish and got deducted a point for rabbit punching, but also got caught by a sub.

MetalVomit
08-10-2008, 10:30 PM
my goodness. Lesnar would end Kimbo's career.

Kakutogi-Gumi
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
anyone got the fight...clip

http://i35.tinypic.com/2m4x5yg.jpg

ALIENVIRUS
08-10-2008, 11:34 PM
kimbo vs lesnar hahaha man the talks about that wtf... kimbo couldnt even ko a c class fighter with a weak chin and he landed hella clean hits... lesnar would destroy kimbo ... just man handle him on the ground like he did to herring.. probably even knock him down... he has knock down both ufc fighters hes faced in the octagon with one right hand punch... kimbo vs lesnar lol i would like to see kimbo get wooped that would be funny... no way the kimbo that fought thompson can beat lesnar... unless lesnar has a weak chin i dont think he got punched really cleanly yet.

number6
08-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I think Lesnar showed lots of control and that he has great wrestling, but I was unimpressed with his lack of risk taking and attempts to finish the fight.

Proved a lot physically, but showed a lot of mental weakness. Especially in the Post-Fight interview.

The fact that a fighter who came into this bout with 2 MMA fights under his belt against a guy with over 40 fights under his belt (many at pride level), showed that he was willing to take a risk.

th4l3pr3ch4un
08-11-2008, 12:38 AM
The fact that a fighter who came into this bout with 2 MMA fights under his belt against a guy with over 40 fights under his belt (many at pride level), showed that he was willing to take a risk.

co signed... very well put.

KLITSCHKO.
08-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Lesnar is a ****in beast!!

Amazing combination of strength, speed and athleticism

Lesnar would easily destroy that bum Kimbo

Talon
08-11-2008, 03:54 AM
kimbo aint a bum hes just not the best..

Brave_turtle
08-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm not sold yet.

He's still very 1 dimensional.

Virgil Caine
08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
kimbo aint a bum hes just not the best..

Sorry but Kimbo is a bumb.

I suppose one could put it nicer by saying Kimbo is a semi-pro at best.

KESSLER
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry but Kimbo is a bumb.

I suppose one could put it nicer by saying Kimbo is a semi-pro at best.

I think that's an insult to semi-pros.