View Full Version : Styles make fights

lightweight
09-02-2003, 01:17 PM
A random thought from my tired brain.

It seems a lot of people think Silva facing Yoshida is unfair because the general consensus is that he'll get a TKO in a couple minutes, while Rampage and Liddell will have a longer fight. Therefore, unfair. What if Silva wasn't in the GP at all, and Arona was there instead having to face Yoshida. Most people would probably consider this fair now because these guys are both good grapplers and it could easily go the distance in a hard fight; like the other fight, even though Yoshida would still be fighting. The winner of the Rampage vs Liddell fight would probably even get an advantage out of this(This fight could go to a decision, one of the others gets a knockout), would that be unfair now?

Bottom line, tournaments aren't "fair", and why does the fact that Silva is fighting as opposed to a guy like Arona make things unfair for Rampage or Liddell? They're both one man, and both very good fighters....styles make fights, it shouldn't matter.

The Ensanity
09-02-2003, 01:35 PM
true true

*waiting for kaps Silva hating*

Bzob
09-02-2003, 03:04 PM
*Fills in for Kaps*

lightweight
09-02-2003, 04:01 PM
*Kaps does a better job hating Silva then Bzob*

realkaps
09-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Its ****ing obvious that Pride is protecting there "Champ" like they always have.......

Fallout
09-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Its not the fact that Silva is facing the weakest fighter. Hell, he is the champ after all....and if your going by seeds the matches make sense. I just don't feel Yoshida should be in the tournement at all. Randleman or someone along that line would of been a much better choice

Kempo Chris
09-02-2003, 07:45 PM
I dont care too much about whos facing who
The best man will win
If Yoshida can't beat Silva then - Silvas the better fighter

Lightwieght - good post

realkaps
09-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Well no **** Chris. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Now look across at the other bracket. Liddell Vs. Rampage is going to end 1 of 2 ways, Liddell by KO or Rampage by Decision. Unless Liddell can KO him quickly, which I doubt, it looks like these guys are in for atleast 2 rounds which means we will have a tired Rampage or Liddell vs a fresh Silva. Anybody who thinks Yoshida is going to give Silva problems is retarded, especially Silva fans like Lightweight. I would love for Yoshida to GI choke Silva but we all know that aint gonna happen. Silva will win in the first and be fresh for the final against a tired fighter. More of Prides bull****.....

realkaps
09-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Was that enough hate for you guys?

Fury Dragon
09-02-2003, 08:35 PM
hahahah well said kaps.

lightweight
09-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kaps
Well no **** Chris. Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Now look across at the other bracket. Liddell Vs. Rampage is going to end 1 of 2 ways, Liddell by KO or Rampage by Decision. Unless Liddell can KO him quickly, which I doubt, it looks like these guys are in for atleast 2 rounds which means we will have a tired Rampage or Liddell vs a fresh Silva. Anybody who thinks Yoshida is going to give Silva problems is retarded, especially Silva fans like Lightweight. I would love for Yoshida to GI choke Silva but we all know that aint gonna happen. Silva will win in the first and be fresh for the final against a tired fighter. More of Prides bull****.....

I'm not sure if you're getting my thoughts on this. I'm saying what if Silva was out, Arona was in. Thinking realisticly, if Arona fought Yoshida he wouldn't win by KO/TKO, both of their striking is below average, and Arona wouldn't sub him, they're both too good for that, thus a decision win, it *could* end fast but not likely(let's pretend Arona would win). Like you said the Rampage/ Liddell fight would probably go at least 2 rounds, so both of these would be long fights, and fairly even final with a tired Arona facing a tired Rampage/Liddell. If you don't say that's more fair you've gotta be lying, but Yoshida still fought.... If it's a top 5 fighter replacing a barely top 5 fighter(Silva, as you've ranked him), why should it make such a difference? Silva's style of fighting will just end this fight faster. It's just a matter of styles dictating this "Pride bull****".

I agree they could have someone better then Yoshida in there though, like Randleman. But he's gotten knocked out in the first round twice by good strikers so if Silva did it there'd still be no end. Styles make fights.

realkaps
09-02-2003, 10:05 PM
The hate was asked for so I brought it, I do see what your talking about because any of these guys will beat Yo****a. The Japanese need to get it thru there head that not one of them are going to beat Silva. I would rather see a better MMA guy in there than Yoshida. If they really believe Yoshida can do it have a ****ing superfight and leave the GP to talented guys.....

DragonZero
09-02-2003, 10:11 PM
well yoshida isn't even going to make the match he's too hurt i hope they give him a good replacement like busta or randleman or even dan henderson he fought henderson to a draw before so that would be a good fight

realkaps
09-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Silva won the Henderson fight, I would love to see a rematch. Henderson is one of the best P4P, Went the distance with a heavier Silva, almost with Nog too.....

DragonZero
09-03-2003, 12:02 AM
well hopefully they listen to the fans on this one and make it a good replacement

lightweight
09-03-2003, 12:09 AM
They'd listen to the Japanese fans the most though.... Otsuka to the rescue!!!!!

Fallout
09-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by kaps
Silva won the Henderson fight, I would love to see a rematch. Henderson is one of the best P4P, Went the distance with a heavier Silva, almost with Nog too.....

He beat him once. A questionable decison, still.....the fact it was even that close and the fact it went that long....Nog has like 80 lbs on Henderson

Henderson is like a smaller Randy Couture

lightweight
09-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Creed
He beat him once. A questionable decison, still.....the fact it was even that close and the fact it went that long....Nog has like 80 lbs on Henderson

Henderson is like a smaller Randy Couture

Spelling mistake? Nog had about 30 pounds on Henderson.

I'd go for Henderson as a replacement, they'd have another war, great fighter.

Whoremaster B
09-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Henderson VS Silva 2?

Thats more exciting than the final match!
That fight should happen. It will make everyone happy.

The Ensanity
09-03-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by lightweight
They'd listen to the Japanese fans the most though.... Otsuka to the rescue!!!!! hahahahhahahha

i love Otsuka, he is one of my favs

he did give Silva a god fight till hs nose got broke

BDWHOAWHOA
09-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Creed... ur on crack... I can't believe u called the dec between Silva and Hendo questionable... it was a good fight... but Silva CLEARLY won... as for Nog having 80 lbs on Hendo... I think u need to go back to school and take a math class....

BUT, I would very much rather see Hendo take on Silva than Yoshida... even though I'll be smiling from ear to ear when I witness the public execution of Yoshida:)

Then again.... if hendo did fight Silva in the second round then have of u ****ers would be crying that it's not fair because hendo didn;t have to go through the first round.

SO... quit ur *****ing and just wait for the ****in fights already... Rampage vs Liddel could end just as quickly as Silva vs **** face so we'll just have to sit back and see.... and BTW... in Silva's last 6 fights four of them were against Japanese "Tomato Cans" and three of them cut Silva badly before the fight ended... just sumthin to think about.

lightweight
09-04-2003, 01:43 PM
Actually, I pretty sure the last time he was cut was Tamura, and before that Henderson.