View Full Version : Spratt Calls Out Many On Radio Show

Curly Howard
09-01-2003, 02:28 PM
From http://www.mmaweekly.com/

In another one of the better interviews in recent memory, standout welterweight fighter Pete Spratt talked about his current status with the UFC and his upcoming fight with George St. Pierre on Friday's MMAWeekly Radio Show.

Spratt said that he was reading MMAWeekly last week and was surprised and insulted by St. Pierre's comment that Spratt is coming into this fight overconfident. Pete said that he has tons of experience and is smart enough that he's not going to go into any fight over-confident.

He doesn't know why anyone would think that he would overlook St. Pierre given the fact that he doesn't have anything lined up after this fight and needs the win. Regarding St. Pierre's statement that most of his wins have come by knockout, Spratt stated, "What? All three or four of his fights?" Spratt said that he is sick of being disrepsected and he is going to hurt St. Pierre when they fight at this weekend's TKO show in Canada.

Pete Spratt seemed just as upset with his current UFC status, as he said that he's going to stay pissed off and keep kicking people's asses until he gets some damn respect. Pete pointed out that something is wrong when he beats the UFC's welterweight poster-boy, and then the poster-boy comes back to the UFC before Spratt does.

The last thing Pete heard from the UFC was, "We'll see what we can do for November" and then that was it, but he's "not worried about it because s--t happens... if the UFC doesn't like me, they don't like me." Spratt recalled thinking to himself shortly after his decisive victory over Robbie Lawler that beating the poster-boy was probably the worst thing that could have happened to him. Pete said that he would take a rematch with Robbie any day of the week, but it remains to be seen if Lawler and the UFC are serious about making it happen.

Spratt said, "I'll fight Robbie Lawler, I'll fight Sean Sherk, I'll fight in Pride Bushido... I don't care, I'll fight anyone." When asked if there is one person in particular that he would like to fight more than anyone else, Pete said that he doesn't do that anymore because he tried that with the UFC and it didn't work out so well.

Spratt recalled that the UFC asked him who he would like to fight, he replied that he'd like to fight Jeremy Jackson, and now here's Jackson fighting on the September card against someone else. Pete then performed a hilarious rap that he wrote for Jeremy Jackson, which focused on the fact that Jackson "was talking so much crap" and then got tapped out, and also said that he's interested in fighting men and not punk kids.

Fury Dragon
09-01-2003, 02:38 PM
Wow...

I like Spratt. He has some amazing talent and those kicks of his are deadly. I think he's taking this a bit far. A lot of fighters are not given the respect they deserve, and are regarded as underdogs. It'll come with time. Spratt's record isn't so great yet.

I wish I could see Spratt's fight against St. Pierre.

realkaps
09-01-2003, 08:54 PM
I wonder how long before someone signs the fight between him and Jeremy? If they really want to fight eachother they could look at smaller shows like WEC......

Curly Howard
09-01-2003, 08:57 PM
If JJ wins his UFC match I could see Spratt vs. Jackson soon. Jeremy should just call him out after the fight. Seems to be the way to get work anymore.

Fury Dragon
09-01-2003, 11:11 PM
I would love to watch that fight. Hopefully JJ does call him out, like Curly said.

mmafanman
09-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Spratt says he's not overlooking St. Pierre. But I find it pretty ironic that he's calling out a whole bunch of guys just before his fight against St. Pierre. IMO, I think we're in for an upset here.

Fury Dragon
09-02-2003, 04:30 PM
I hope not...I'd like to see Spratt win and fight all those guys he's calling out.