View Full Version : Roy Jones JR.... Drugs??

Funky_Monk
07-27-2008, 05:43 AM
This might sound very stupid, but has RJJ been done for drug taking?
I saw a one line comment on a picture of him in frank warrens possible Sun column. It was breif and said something like RJJ Failed a drug test shame.
Can some one please enlighten me...

-----------
07-27-2008, 06:03 AM
I saw a one line comment on a picture of him in frank warrens possible Sun column. It was breif and said something like RJJ Failed a drug test shame.

Why do you think his HATER nickname is Roid Jones Jnr

The_One77
07-27-2008, 06:37 AM
He probably needed to do a drug cycle when moving up to heavyweight, abit like Evander Holyfield.

Guy put on over 25lbs of muscle in a short period of time, thats almost impossible for a natural.
Its also not natural for a 5'11 to have that amount of muscle on his frame. Thats why once he came off the drug cycle he came back to 175, simply because he couldnt maintain that weight naturally.

Funky_Monk
07-27-2008, 06:43 AM
AH right ok, so how long a ban did he serve?

garryd
07-27-2008, 07:34 AM
i smell a troll 1

Funky_Monk
07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
What on earth does that mean?

hishaam15
07-27-2008, 08:33 AM
nahh roy jones jr never got done for drugs. and it happened WELL before the heavyweight fight. it was because he was taking an over the counter subtance called 'ripped fuel' which had natural steroids in them, and the substance was banned by the IBF. he stopped taking it as soon as he realised, so they let him off. also, his opponent had 4x more of the stuff in his body than Jones did on the day of the fight.. steroids never came up after that.. all that muscle was natural

moofo
07-27-2008, 08:52 AM

Because Roy was the Golden boy of Boxing he was never fully investigated or reprimanded.
Him and Hall both tested positive after their fight.
Roy first used a "Nasal Congestant" as his reason for positive test then later changed his excuse to using "Ripped Fuel".

Coincidentally after the Balco scandal broke out in 2003 which Roy wasn't linked to but the use of THG could be recognised Roy's performances began to falter.

As Joe Calzaghe commented after the first Tarver fight....
"Roy looked human tonight."

The Roy fans will inevitably condone Roys excuse of "Ripped Fuel".

The fact remains though that Roy did test positive.

I now await the usual response of that I am a Roy "Hater".

moofo
07-27-2008, 08:52 AM
nahh roy jones jr never got done for drugs. and it happened WELL before the heavyweight fight. it was because he was taking an over the counter subtance called 'ripped fuel' which had natural steroids in them, and the substance was banned by the IBF. he stopped taking it as soon as he realised, so they let him off. also, his opponent had 4x more of the stuff in his body than Jones did on the day of the fight.. steroids never came up after that.. all that muscle was natural

Roy himself was 6X the legal amount.

ALT-Assassin
07-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Because Roy was the Golden boy of Boxing he was never fully investigated or reprimanded.
Him and Hall both tested positive after their fight.
Roy first used a "Nasal Congestant" as his reason for positive test then later changed his excuse to using "Ripped Fuel".

Coincidentally after the Balco scandal broke out in 2003 which Roy wasn't linked to but the use of THG could be recognised Roy's performances began to falter.

As Joe Calzaghe commented after the first Tarver fight....
"Roy looked human tonight."

The Roy fans will inevitably condone Roys excuse of "Ripped Fuel".

The fact remains though that Roy did test positive.

I now await the usual response of that I am a Roy "Hater".

Steroids didn't give Roy his natural ability or even his speed.In the first Tarver fight you could see flashes of the old Roy Jones but the fact that he was so weight drained it hurt his stamina.I find it funny that he wasn't linked to Balco but you make it seem like a bad performance after him dropping all that weight justifies him even being mentioned in the same sentence as BALCO.If an old past it Roy Jones can show some of his massive talent against even a blown up Tinidad what do you think a prime in shape Roy Jones would do?Even at his age his speed is still greater than Calzghes who is renowned for that attribute and the combinations he put together against Trinadad were fluid and percise.You could give any fighter steroids and he wouldn't display an ounce of Roy Jones skill.

moofo
07-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Steroids didn't give Roy his natural ability or even his speed.In the first Tarver fight you could see flashes of the old Roy Jones but the fact that he was so weight drained it hurt his stamina.I find it funny that he wasn't linked to Balco but you make it seem like a bad performance after him dropping all that weight justifies him even being mentioned in the same sentence as BALCO.If an old past it Roy Jones can show some of his massive talent against even a blown up Tinidad what do you think a prime in shape Roy Jones would do?Even at his age his speed is still greater than Calzghes who is renowned for that attribute and the combinations he put together against Trinadad were fluid and percise.You could give any fighter steroids and he wouldn't display an ounce of Roy Jones skill.

Roy had plenty of time to lose the weight.
About 8 ****ing months.

Funky_Monk
07-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Ok i posted on another thread, has anyone who has been beaten by a drug cheat ever sued? Given the nature of boxing.

Don Johnson
07-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Roy had plenty of time to lose the weight.
About 8 ****ing months.

Chris Byrd dropped about the same amount of weight in the same amount of time and look at what happened to him.

hardmanbrit
07-27-2008, 07:13 PM
The British boxer Joe Calzaghe is maybe slightly overrated by some British boxing fans, but he is a great boxer.

However, I feel that the great Roy Jones, who is a similar age to Joe, is simply in a different class to the London born hard man. He will beat Calzaghe.

How many men have held World titles at two totally different weight divisions, at the same time?

By the way, I have been to most of Joe's fights over the years, but my two favourites were his victories over Jeff Lacy and Chris Eubank.

Also, one random question, is it true that taking the potentially lethal steroid drug makes you much stronger for the rest of your life, even long after you stopped taking it?

hardmanbrit
07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok i posted on another thread, has anyone who has been beaten by a drug cheat ever sued? Given the nature of boxing.

Not sure.

I normally look on rather scornfully at people who sue, but if you have been robbed within your profession then I think it is fully justified.

realheavyhands
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
roy is going to beat the **** out of calaghe and might even stop him

BRAVE-HEART
07-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Roy himself was 6X the legal amount.

where did you copy and paste all that information from . because the fact of the matter is NO ONE knows what happened. There has been many stories produced. half of them probably from tarvers mum.

Taking steroids does not make you box like roy jones so kids dont take them. Steroids would do absolutley nothing to your boxing skills apart from allow you to recover quicker.

The whole balco thing is the most rediculous claim in the history of boxing, so anyone that brings that up should be banned for stupidity.

Roy jones is one of the most talented boxers we have seen come into the sport, and people love jumping at different rumours and claims. He is a legend and alwyas will be, every dowg has his day and sadly he lost the second and third fight to tarver for the sheer fact that tarver was able to box against jones style. After that knockout he was not the same. Thets hope we can see the old roy jones one more time on november 8th

BRAVE-HEART
07-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Also, one random question, is it true that taking the potentially lethal steroid drug makes you much stronger for the rest of your life, even long after you stopped taking it?

You are joking right ?..

if not then

Idot guide to steroids :

there is not one steroid, there are heaps of kinds that all promote different attributes such as :

strength, aggresion, muslce mass, speed... list goes on

Highly illegal, very safe if used correctly by injecting them with the right gear. The more dangerous way is orally with a pill. This is becasue it takes arounf 17 times to go through your liver, putting alot of stress on it.

The gains made with steroids are never permanent unless you keep them maintaned with high intensity training. You must take PCT drugs for 4 weeks after to balance estrogen levels and bring your test levels back to naturall levels

So to answer your question, No you do not get " stronger for the rest of your life"... it will not make you a profesional boxer and taking them does not mean muslces and strength will magically increase. It requires intense training sessions. Steroids alow you to recover quicker then you would if you were not on them meaning you get more training sessions while you are on them.

garryd
07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
roy is going to beat the **** out of calaghe and might even stop himBewhahahahah:crackhead

TommyGunn.
07-28-2008, 02:19 PM
where did you copy and paste all that information from . because the fact of the matter is NO ONE knows what happened. There has been many stories produced. half of them probably from tarvers mum.

Taking steroids does not make you box like roy jones so kids dont take them. Steroids would do absolutley nothing to your boxing skills apart from allow you to recover quicker.

The whole balco thing is the most rediculous claim in the history of boxing, so anyone that brings that up should be banned for stupidity.

Roy jones is one of the most talented boxers we have seen come into the sport, and people love jumping at different rumours and claims. He is a legend and alwyas will be, every dowg has his day and sadly he lost the second and third fight to tarver for the sheer fact that tarver was able to box against jones style. After that knockout he was not the same. Thets hope we can see the old roy jones one more time on november 8th

Roy WAS 6x over what his body would naturaly hold and Hall was 10x.

Do some research on Ripped Fuel and what you'll find is it would have left traces, not 6x the regular amount.

Roy would have had to be on a ripped fuel diet eating the **** morning, noon and night to have that much of tetosteroin (im sure thats what it was) in his body.

Dude cheated and got caught....The only reason he never recieved a ban was because his lawyer found a loop hole in the Indiana state testing programe and it seemed the test had been done ilegaly and for that reason it would not have stood up as evidence. Anywhere else and Roys ass would have been banned for atleast a year...Same with Hall.

TommyGunn.
07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Roy has been linked to BALCO but never directly like Holyfield or Mosley. It just so happens though the first fight after the scandal broke and they were closed down was against Tarver.

BRAVE-HEART
07-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Roy WAS 6x over what his body would naturaly hold and Hall was 10x.

Do some research on Ripped Fuel and what you'll find is it would have left traces, not 6x the regular amount.

Roy would have had to be on a ripped fuel diet eating the **** morning, noon and night to have that much of tetosteroin (im sure thats what it was) in his body.

Dude cheated and got caught....The only reason he never recieved a ban was because his lawyer found a loop hole in the Indiana state testing programe and it seemed the test had been done ilegaly and for that reason it would not have stood up as evidence. Anywhere else and Roys ass would have been banned for atleast a year...Same with Hall.

as i said " NO ONE " knows exactly what happened. back up your point with a poilce or boxing report ?... on no wait you found all your information by typing on google, ****ing knucklehead. Dont belive everything you read muglips. You dont know **** about boxing. u should be banned

BRAVE-HEART
07-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Roy has been linked to BALCO but never directly like Holyfield or Mosley. It just so happens though the first fight after the scandal broke and they were closed down was against Tarver.

again you are speaking utter ****e. back up your arguments.

also you avatar is really homo and annoying, i would change it before the gay police come for you

ALT-Assassin
07-29-2008, 05:56 AM

He has been linked by speculation and hear-say! If he is not linked directly how is he linked to Balco?

garryd
07-29-2008, 06:09 AM

also you avatar is really homo and annoying, i would change it before the gay police come for youHay dont you knock king Eric !:boxing:

garryd
07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
It not what drugs Jones is on we should be asking !
But what drugs these Roy Jones fans are on thinking he even stands a chance at beating Joe Calzaghe !???:crackhead

TommyGunn.
07-29-2008, 12:50 PM
as i said " NO ONE " knows exactly what happened. back up your point with a poilce or boxing report ?... on no wait you found all your information by typing on google, ****ing knucklehead. Dont belive everything you read muglips. You dont know **** about boxing. u should be banned

Temper kid...Whats it feel like to be in denial? (smiles)

also you avatar is really homo and annoying, i would change it before the gay police come for you

Your reserch skills must be lacking just as much as your insult skills. LOL!

Fernando Torres
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
nahh roy jones jr never got done for drugs. and it happened WELL before the heavyweight fight. it was because he was taking an over the counter subtance called 'ripped fuel' which had natural steroids in them, and the substance was banned by the IBF. he stopped taking it as soon as he realised, so they let him off. also, his opponent had 4x more of the stuff in his body than Jones did on the day of the fight.. steroids never came up after that.. all that muscle was naturalHe still took them.

The Wire
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
He's a cheat that never fought anyone.