View Full Version : Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic Rumor

Curly Howard
08-26-2003, 06:35 AM
I got this from another forum. It's just a rumor for now but it sounds great.

PRIDE has announced that they now plan on having Fedor Emelianenko defend his heavyweight belt against Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic. The title fight is tentatively scheduled for the November show, which will also have the GP finals.

Hello my friends, my postal connections in the DSE organization are telling me that PRIDE is planning to now match up Vanderlei Silva against Hidehiko Yoshida for the second round of the PRIDE GP scheduled for November. The second round draw will look like this:

Vanderlei Silva vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Chuck Liddell

Other fights that PRIDE wants to put together for the November card are:

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic (heavyweight title bout)
Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett
Heath Herring vs. Kazuyuki Fujita

TuffGuy
08-26-2003, 07:29 AM
I hope it happens. It will be a great fight. I dont know who will win. I think if it stays standing, Cro Cop will win. If it goes to the ground, Fedor will win.

Fallout
08-26-2003, 11:12 AM
The thing is, I think Cro Cop can keep it standing. Fedor has shown he can get rocked, and Mirko has a great sprawl

Perchdogg
08-26-2003, 11:49 AM
however, a sprawl is mainly effective against a shoot-style takedown, and Fedor's takedowns don't come from the shoot; instead, he usually uses highly-effective takedowns from the clinch. This fight is VERY competitive, imo, very hard to call...

WHAT A FREAKING CARD!!!!! the end of the tourney (the only ****ty thing is that Yoshida is still in there, but maybe he will pull out from injury) and then three more heavyweight superfights!!!! Barnett/Nogueira, I've thought for a long time that Barnett would beat him but I'm pulling for Nogueira, and Herring/Fujita, neither of these guys are absolute top HW dogs (or personal favorites of mine), but I think they're on a comparable level. An interesting matchup.

Seraph_17
08-26-2003, 01:06 PM
I havent heard **** about a Fujita/Herring matchup, where did ya hear that?

realkaps
08-26-2003, 02:26 PM
I'd like to see Cro cop get a few more fights before he gets a title shot......

Curly Howard
08-26-2003, 04:58 PM
This is Pride.... It's not who you beat it's how you beat them. They make matches on what the fans want to see and not record. *see Silva vs Sakuraba.