View Full Version : Amin Asikainen vs Khoren Gevor

Alec900
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
the former european middleweight champion amin asikainen will be fightning for vacant EBU european middleweight title against khoren gevor this fall.

any thoughts?I personally think that Amin will knock khoren out

Froch You
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I think Amin Asikainen will knock him out in the mid rounds.

KingArthur
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM
dont underestimate Khoren, he hung in tought against Arthur. Even thought Arthur KO'ed Khoren, he gave AA a tougher fight then Miranda did this time around, LOL

The Wire
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Never heard of 'em. Any good?

Alec900
09-17-2008, 10:51 AM
This fight will take place in Helsinki Finland,November 28th

-irishthunder-
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Never heard of 'em. Any good?

Amin Asikainen is rated number 4 by the RING magazine.
He knocked out Sebastian Sylvester two years ago to claim the European Championship. He defended his title twice against decent fighters Alexandr Sipos and Lorenzo di Giacomo, before getting knocked out by Sylvester in their rematch June 2007. Both of the Sylvester fight were great fights and the second one was somewhat controversial, as the referee failed to count two knockdowns(one for each), he neither gave Asikainen the 5 minute rest after Sylvester landed a crushing hook to his neck(accidentally???). After that Asikainen fough two journeymen and stopped Yori Boy Campas(who was robbed against Duddy earlier). He crushed his tune-up opponent in two rounds a month ago.
Asikainen's best weapon is his heavy right hand, but he isn't very fast and tends to end up brawling despite having pretty good boxing skills.

I've not seen much Gevor besides the Abraham fight, but he seems like a tough southpaw fighter who has nearly as much to offer as Asikainen.

TheGreatA
11-28-2008, 04:31 PM
New EBU champ Khoren Gevor won by TKO in the 7th round, trainer Pekka Mäki threw in the towel after Asikainen was knocked down.

BattlingNelson
11-28-2008, 04:48 PM
New EBU champ Khoren Gevor won by TKO in the 7th round, trainer Pekka Mäki threw in the towel after Asikainen was knocked down.
Really? I guess finnish boxing is about to hit an all-time low now or what?

Googler
11-28-2008, 05:09 PM

Are you serious?

Freedom2014
11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Are you serious?
This makes Arthur Abraham's KO win over Gevor more meaningful, since Khoren obviously must be a good fighter to go to Finland and impressively defeat Asikainen.

jreckoning
11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
This makes Arthur Abraham's KO win over Gevor more meaningful, since Khoren obviously must be a good fighter to go to Finland and impressively defeat Asikainen.

See why TheManchine didn't go to this fight. He knew Asikainen wasn't very good. He even bet against him.

TheGreatA
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Really? I guess finnish boxing is about to hit an all-time low now or what?

It's still better than it has been for years, which is pretty sad really.

See why TheManchine didn't go to this fight. He knew Asikainen wasn't very good. He even bet against him.

I thought Gevor's pressure and unorthodox style would give Asikainen a lot of trouble but he was even tougher than I expected.

Froch You
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I think Amin Asikainen will knock him out in the mid rounds.:smashfrea I had the mid rounds right. Gevor will probably shoot up the rankings. Asikainen is/was ranked 4th by Ring Mag. How did Helenius look on the undercard.

-irishthunder-
11-29-2008, 06:55 AM
The biggest weakness of Asikainen is his inability to fight, or even clinch properly at close distance. It was already noticeable in his fight with Yori Boy Campas. He is still a big puncher, but keeps getting beaten whenever the other guy gets inside.