View Full Version : Jeremy Jackson at UFC 44....Official announcement

Curly Howard
08-20-2003, 02:47 AM
He will replace Dennis Hallman and face Nick Diaz.
Hallman, scheduled to fight Diaz was to get a spot on the card only if he won at his KOTC match against Drew Fickett.
Hallman lost via a split decision so now Jackson who was originally scheduled before the loss to Diaz at IFC Warriors Challenge is back on the card.
This will be the third time Jackson and Diaz have faced each other with both fighters scoring a win.

http://www.globalmma.com/pro_9.jpg
http://www.globalmma.com/nick_diaz_thm.jpg

nance
08-20-2003, 04:15 AM
And we all know who's gonna win!! Right?

Leather
08-20-2003, 04:19 AM
yay!! Good luck Jeremy!....

Fury Dragon
08-20-2003, 04:26 AM
Sounds like a good bout.

DragonZero
08-20-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by madcrewmom
And we all know who's gonna win!! Right?

of course we do mom

realkaps
08-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Im dont know who is going to win. That makes it more exciting. I know who I would like to win, but who knows whats gonna happen this time?

Whoremaster B
08-20-2003, 10:42 AM
hopefully Jackson keeps it standing. UFC fans favor striking and it would be pleasent to Jeremy score an impressive debut.

Curly Howard
08-20-2003, 10:45 AM
Hopefuly he can keep is standing and get to show his hand speed. Then maybe they'll start talking about Jackson vs. Spratt

Fallout
08-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Kick his ass for us Jeremy. All of Globalmma.com belives in you

handjobs4dollars
08-20-2003, 11:46 AM
**** him up jeremy.

mmafanman
08-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Tough call on this one, but I'd have to go with Nick. The guy's on a serious roll right now and he'll be coming into the fight with loads of confidence. He's gotten SERIOUSLY better since his loss to Jackson, and he'll make a lot of noise at the UFC.

Zen
08-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Good luck Scorpion! Is he still training with Team Freedom/ Robert Ferguson? I think he would be well served to find a better group of people to train with.

Bluecifer
08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm very much looking forward to this fight! Best 2 out of 3 rules!

LukeDothSucketh
08-21-2003, 12:05 AM
GO JEREMY!!

backup
08-21-2003, 01:15 AM
This is where it all ends for Jeremy Jackson. I first win was such a fluke I can't believe you guys can't see that. You can't go into fights thinking you can knock everyone out. You will get those lucky wins every now and again but with no ground game you just suck. Diaz by submission

Zen
08-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by backup
This is where it all ends for Jeremy Jackson. I first win was such a fluke I can't believe you guys can't see that. You can't go into fights thinking you can knock everyone out. You will get those lucky wins every now and again but with no ground game you just suck. Diaz by submission

I'm worried about that too. With better trainers I think the sky would be the limit for Jeremy, but I think Team Freedom can only take him so far. He should go train with Miletich, he'd be an animal by the time MFS got done with him.

Curly Howard
08-21-2003, 01:22 AM
agreed

backup
08-21-2003, 01:31 AM
why is he taking this fight so soon after he just lost to nick a month ago. Nick has some very serious skills. does jeremy really think he can get to that level in a month. i understand jeremy wants his shot but I think this is a bad choice and he should get another fight first and then if he wins maybe challenge nick again. but ohh well i want nick to win anyways so lets go

Zen
08-21-2003, 01:38 AM
Because HE BELIEVES he can in, and in the end, that's all that really matters when excepting a fight.

momita
08-21-2003, 12:27 PM
A fluke?? LOL, are you saying it was a fluke with Zack Light? Mike Penabler? Eddie Ellis?

Thats fine you want Nick to win, he's a great guy, but to discredit another fighters ability is kinda sad, you must not have seen JJ's ground game with Shonie, Zack, Eddie, and you must think Shonie is a nothing?

Everyone has an off night, everyone! No shame in that. And no one can win everytime, you don't get better unless you keep at it.

To say this is where it ends for JJ, well, do you think Nick should have been done because he lost to Drew Fickett? Or anyone that loses should be done? Wouldn't be many fighters left for fans to watch..... would there?

mmafanman
08-21-2003, 01:37 PM
I like Diaz in this one. He's young, strong, athletic and he's getting better with every fight. He'll be a force to reckon with in UFC's welterweight division.

momita
08-21-2003, 06:13 PM
mmafanman, you think Jeremy is old? He is only 20!

Mr. Beelzebub
08-21-2003, 06:20 PM
They're both young fighter with very similar records. Very hard to pick a winner, but I am sure is gonna be a war.

Curly Howard
08-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Jeremy by KO 2nd round.

DOGGx0
08-21-2003, 08:18 PM
This is where it all ends for Jeremy Jackson.

riiiiight. he losses and its over for him. perhaps we should have tito ortiz' all over the place right? people who cant fight because of other obligations, being worried of lossing......

being a fighter is not backing out of a situation and/ or a fight because you just lost. you push and move forward... thats what the fight is all about.

with no ground game you just suck. Diaz by submission

Jermemy Jackson has a purple belt. I'm sure everything you base your opinions and comments on is all hear say. Watch him fight and you might actually know what you are babblin about.

backup
08-21-2003, 08:33 PM
when did nick lose to fickett they haven't even fought each other. And momita I don't think Shonie in a nothing, he is a well rounded fighter with most of his wins coming by decision not the finisher I like to watch and JJ didn't finish in fact when you watch the fight I don't know what the judges were looking at. it wasn't that one sided. jj may have a purple belt but the question is from who?? not no gracie purple belt otherwise he would know how to elbow escape from the mount or something. Or not get mounted like he did and punch from his back.. now that was funny

momita
08-21-2003, 09:13 PM
hmmm, strange you didn't know Fickett beat Diaz in a grappling tournament... ?

not no gracie purple belt

I wonder how many people who have purple belts.... don't really deserve it because they didn't get it from Gracie??? He is the only qualified person to give out purple? I wonder if the world knows this???

lightweight
08-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Temporarily interrupting to say,

Good luck Jeremy, knock him out!

nance
08-22-2003, 03:32 AM
I guess it all comes down September 26th. We shall see. Either way, it's going to be a good fight. And I am cheering for JJ!!

Bzob
08-22-2003, 11:14 AM
I have a non gay boner right now, this is great news. I wish Jeremy the best and will now PPV UFC (I was strikeing with Curly)

TKO-ShootFight
08-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Jeremy Should Win

Curly Howard
08-26-2003, 05:47 AM
yes

GhosT^x0
08-26-2003, 06:04 PM
To say a win is fluke by any measure is stupid. Backup, you're a tool. Shut the mouth until you know what you're talking about. I'm sure you've seen a couple of Nicky's fights and all, but ground game means dick if the fight ends on it's feet. Jeremy's also already beat this kid once. Wanna talk about levels? Oh, I guess maybe Nick wasn't "at that level" their first time. ***. Someone's jockin someone here.

I think this will be a CALIBER UFC match, and I can't wait to see it. Jeremy has a lot of potential, as does Nick. Truly, the best man will win.

realkaps
08-26-2003, 06:20 PM
I think that its too soon to rematch again. I havnt seen there second fight but from what I hear Nick dominated. I hope Ferg and Team Freedom can get Jeremy ready in time for this one.....

LukeDothSucketh
08-27-2003, 01:19 AM
I believe that Jeremy will win.

nance
08-27-2003, 02:52 AM
I hope all of you enjoy watching it......I will be watching a high school football game.....I only go for the halftime show anyways....