View Full Version : Working the heavy bag, I'm very rusty but feel free to flame, or leave comments!...

Stormin' Norman
07-19-2008, 04:43 PM
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rauxXiNrO6o"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rauxXiNrO6o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

I need to lose alot of weight and focus on keeping my hands up, I'll post more as I progress in my training. this next video was taped about 30 seconds after the first one ended. I was tired as **** after 4 mins of bag work, my sta is pathetic atm.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egoauQ7lzRQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egoauQ7lzRQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

P4PKING_2008
07-19-2008, 05:18 PM
You do need to get fitter you were breathing heavily after a minute. You need to snap your punches. The bag was moving way too much. Moving the bag higher could help as it looked to low down. You been to a boxing gym or taught yaself?

Paardekopski
07-19-2008, 05:21 PM
You shouldn't cross your feet, while moving.

Golden-Gloves
07-19-2008, 06:34 PM
You probly need a heavier bag.

After you throw a punch, your still leaving your hand out there, try
to bring it back to your face immediately.

Also try to avoid your looping haymakers, they leave you wide open.

other then that, keep up the good work, practice makes perfect.

mr tricky
07-19-2008, 08:09 PM
the bags swinging everywhere..........

try to snap your punches, fast hands instead of heavy big shots,

move towards, through, side to side, and around the bag

great bag tho by the way,

and not to bad boxing,

hey shaun, learn somthing!

them_apples
07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
your jabs need to be full extension's and use your shoulder/torso and legs. you are just using your triceps, after about 30 seconds in the ring using that your opponent would realize your jab ain't for real.

J_CON
07-19-2008, 09:42 PM
where ever your moving, the foot closer to that spot moves first

I AM...
07-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Not as bad as some I've seen before. As most people have said you need to snap your punches more. When you throw that right you leave your arm there for a second..any point in that? The left hook is a bit wild, you'll get punished for it if you're fighting someone who knows their stuff. Your decent mate...keep at it.

peewee1460
07-20-2008, 10:33 AM
near the begining you dipped your right hand a litle when you jabbed.

Stormin' Norman
07-20-2008, 01:14 PM
thanks for the comments. my style is ugly as hell and needs much refining.

it's almost like since im not a super tall heavyweight, and not a super short one, I can't pick a specific style to adapt.

Stormin' Norman
07-20-2008, 01:26 PM
your jabs need to be full extension's and use your shoulder/torso and legs. you are just using your triceps, after about 30 seconds in the ring using that your opponent would realize your jab ain't for real.

youre right about the full extension, that is something I should work on a bit...But you assume that only seeing 4 mins of me that I don't put my legs into my jab is a mistake, ive knocked mouthpieces out stepping in with just the jab, believe me, when I want to put some sting on my jab, it is, quote 'For real'

Stormin' Norman
07-20-2008, 03:37 PM
You do need to get fitter you were breathing heavily after a minute. You need to snap your punches. The bag was moving way too much. Moving the bag higher could help as it looked to low down. You been to a boxing gym or taught yaself?

Your right, my problem is that the spring is neccessary, and it's pretty much the only place for that bag. I know. I am too tall for it..

I spent about 5 months in a boxing gym, took it very seriously, sparred all the top guys in the gym until they quit coming around anymore. I think the reason the real top guy who quit was because of his girlfriend, girls **** your head up. Been hit with some pretty good shots, granted I've never been stupid enough to disrespect a punchers power and walk into it right on the chin, but I've had my chin tested and never ever been dazed or hurt. I went to the cheapest boxing gym I could find. Coach was a racist guy, he would only help out the bruthas when it came to mitt work, and when I sparred a brutha and landed some shots, he'd tell us to stop and give the brutha advice. So I just focused on working hard on my punches and using my power as an attribute since my coach neglected me...i had a hand injury which ended up taking about a year to completely heal in which a tendon was graphed from my right foot, connecting my pinky finger tendon to another tendon down by my right wrist...So now I can make a fist with my right and finally get a sanctioned bout, thats what I'm trying to get in shape for..

id be nice to find a gym that actually worked with me but unfortunately the only gym within radius is a place called Gladiators Academy and it's mma-oriented, and im not into that bull****.

I smoke about half a pack of cigs a day, but I'm about to quit cold turkey and take this **** seriously..ive seen the guys who fight for the Louisiana State Heavyweight Title and these guys are supposed to be professionals and well, I just think that if I put my mind to it I could really surpass those guys......anyway, sucks that Quantas Graves got beaten in the olympics today hes a local guy from a town called Cut Off..but he did pretty good and I respected his effort.

Stormin' Norman
07-20-2008, 03:43 PM
anyways I got some old footage of me sparring back in september of 06 when I was pretty much unable to throw a right cross because of that hand injury, i only used it as a feint (and it worked pretty good most guys expect a big guy like me to have a big right cross so when u flick that right hand they get wary, real quick...allow me to sneak in the left hook upstairs springing off my toes)

lemme know if you wanna see it, ill throw it up here. if u thought that bag work looked nasty youll think the sparring is anchovies and milk.

JayCoe
07-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm not only writing this for you, i'm writing this for me because by telling you what you should do, i'm telling myself and, well, at the end of the day i'm learning just like you.

Everyone else has noted the main points, use your legs and extend your arms fully. It is worth noting people that depending on the weight of the bag it's sometimes very hard to throw a proper jab. If it's a heavy bag, though admittedly what you have isn't, your arm will have a greater force repelling it than you are able to throw with a jab and therefore you can't "push through" the target to extend your arm. The reason that has to be kept in mind is simple, if you focus so much on having a perfectly correct full extension of your left jab on a heavy bag you will probably be out of the ideal range because you punch shouldn't extend fully to hit the target, it should extend fully once hit which pushes through to the back of the target. Like I always say, the bag isn't the target, the bag is a wall, break through it. Does that make sense? So if you end up perfecting the properly extended lead jab on a heavy bag, come a spar or fight you won't be punching through. To practice the jab ideally you use a lighter bag. Heavy bags are for power shots.

Remember the following;

Gloves up, elbows tooked in, feet diagonal, body slightly side on.

Remember not to signal your punches, don't draw back a punch unless you've got them.

As people say, use your legs to push power through but also, which I think people tend to ignore, is use your knees! Your hips are vital to a big shot but so are your knees. When you slam in with a right to the body, for example, that knee should dip towards your left knee as your body twists and hits like a whip.

That'll do for now.

Keep up the work.

Stormin' Norman
07-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm not only writing this for you, i'm writing this for me because by telling you what you should do, i'm telling myself and, well, at the end of the day i'm learning just like you.

Everyone else has noted the main points, use your legs and extend your arms fully. It is worth noting people that depending on the weight of the bag it's sometimes very hard to throw a proper jab. If it's a heavy bag, though admittedly what you have isn't, your arm will have a greater force repelling it than you are able to throw with a jab and therefore you can't "push through" the target to extend your arm. The reason that has to be kept in mind is simple, if you focus so much on having a perfectly correct full extension of your left jab on a heavy bag you will probably be out of the ideal range because you punch shouldn't extend fully to hit the target, it should extend fully once hit which pushes through to the back of the target. Like I always say, the bag isn't the target, the bag is a wall, break through it. Does that make sense? So if you end up perfecting the properly extended lead jab on a heavy bag, come a spar or fight you won't be punching through. To practice the jab ideally you use a lighter bag. Heavy bags are for power shots.

Remember the following;

Gloves up, elbows tooked in, feet diagonal, body slightly side on.

Remember not to signal your punches, don't draw back a punch unless you've got them.

As people say, use your legs to push power through but also, which I think people tend to ignore, is use your knees! Your hips are vital to a big shot but so are your knees. When you slam in with a right to the body, for example, that knee should dip towards your left knee as your body twists and hits like a whip.

That'll do for now.

Keep up the work.

thank you.

You're right, what I have there basically is just a jab bag, it would be nice to get a good quality heavy bag and hang it up high. it has a D ring on the bottom, I need to fill a backpack up with some sand and tape it on there or something, to prevent all the swinging.

Blue Öyster
07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
hey Stormin' Norman you need to relax!!! your far to tight and tense as you punch!!

its making you slower!
and your punches will have a bit more snap if you loosen up!

Stormin' Norman
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
hey Stormin' Norman you need to relax!!! your far to tight and tense as you punch!!

its making you slower!
and your punches will have a bit more snap if you loosen up!

thanks blue oyster I'll work on that btw Don't Fear The Reaper one of my all time favorite songs...

...So I haven't had a cigarette all day today, no ****. that's pretty big for me. my job is stressful, went all damn day without smoking and I'm usedto smoking at least 8 a day. I haven't been smoking but for about four months, but on and off before that I had smoked for like , 4 years. I'm just tired of it.

Tired of wasting money on cigarettes and killing myself at the same time. All it's gonna do is make me end up an old man with less money than if I didn't smoke, in terrible health. I made a decision today that I'm gonna stick by, not because I want to live to see age 90, but because I want to build up my stamina and clean out the local amateur heavyweight division so I don't grow old with regret, thinking "I had a good punch, coulda, woulda, shoulda..."

JayCoe
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
I think the reason your bag swings so much is down to the physics of the actual bag in relation to how it's hanging. You have it on a very long chain which in itself would increase how much any bag would swing. Also because the bag is not exactly long in length this would also increase how much it swings. That place isn't ideal for hanging that kind of bag, if you want to keep using that bag look into a wall mount if you're ceilings are too high, I don't think where you've got your bag at the moment is a great place for any kind of bag but it is however ideal for a floor to ceiling ball. They are also cheap. Only people ignorant to the sport of boxing think "a glove's a glove" no matter you buy it from, there is far more to a glove than just leather and padding and you can get much better gloves than others etc and the same goes with punchbags and what's in them, their weight distribution etc. etc. however with floor to ceiling balls they are basic. It's just an inner ball coated with leather which you pump up, attached to two strands of elastic. I think an Everlast floor to ceiling ball would have cost me £30, I bought one from TurnerSports for £10 and it was just as good as others i've seen. You needn't place your trust in a company's reputation for a floor to ceiling ball because they are simple. So you can get them cheap without concern. Gloves and bags are a different matter however. Saying that, you can find companies which are just as good as the big names but they're a thousand times cheaper. I bought some Lonsdale gloves, £30 they're crap. Good enough for bag work but no hopers for sparing, your fist would go through the padding haha. For the same price I bought some from a company names Blitz and they're awesome! I don't doubt for a second that to get gloves of equal quality from Lonsdale, Everlast etc. you'd have to spend £60, £70. It was someone on this forum who told me a while ago, if you spend your money at Everlast you'll get good stuff, if you spend on a budget you'll break your hand and the other fighters jaw. It's like they actively make their cheap stuff **** and solid. I know that you personally know all of this stuff, you said you'd done boxing before a while ago but i'm a gabbler, start on one topic and i'll talk about boxing for a month, plus other people read this stuff and well it might help them out.

P4PKING_2008
07-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I think the reason your bag swings so much is down to the physics of the actual bag in relation to how it's hanging. You have it on a very long chain which in itself would increase how much any bag would swing. Also because the bag is not exactly long in length this would also increase how much it swings. That place isn't ideal for hanging that kind of bag, if you want to keep using that bag look into a wall mount if you're ceilings are too high, I don't think where you've got your bag at the moment is a great place for any kind of bag but it is however ideal for a floor to ceiling ball. They are also cheap. Only people ignorant to the sport of boxing think "a glove's a glove" no matter you buy it from, there is far more to a glove than just leather and padding and you can get much better gloves than others etc and the same goes with punchbags and what's in them, their weight distribution etc. etc. however with floor to ceiling balls they are basic. It's just an inner ball coated with leather which you pump up, attached to two strands of elastic. I think an Everlast floor to ceiling ball would have cost me £30, I bought one from TurnerSports for £10 and it was just as good as others i've seen. You needn't place your trust in a company's reputation for a floor to ceiling ball because they are simple. So you can get them cheap without concern. Gloves and bags are a different matter however. Saying that, you can find companies which are just as good as the big names but they're a thousand times cheaper. I bought some Lonsdale gloves, £30 they're crap. Good enough for bag work but no hopers for sparing, your fist would go through the padding haha. For the same price I bought some from a company names Blitz and they're awesome! I don't doubt for a second that to get gloves of equal quality from Lonsdale, Everlast etc. you'd have to spend £60, £70. It was someone on this forum who told me a while ago, if you spend your money at Everlast you'll get good stuff, if you spend on a budget you'll break your hand and the other fighters jaw. It's like they actively make their cheap stuff **** and solid. I know that you personally know all of this stuff, you said you'd done boxing before a while ago but i'm a gabbler, start on one topic and i'll talk about boxing for a month, plus other people read this stuff and well it might help them out.

Ever heard of paragraphs? Damn. **** reading all that. Learn to type before you post here again.

JayCoe
07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Why are speaking out of turn again? Don't speak to me in that kind of manner you little *****, you aint even ****ing man enough to be my girlfriend let alone threatening. If I was going to sit down and write an essay I would put in perfect grammar, spelling, long words and neat little paragraphs but I was just writing free flow like a conversation. You ***** too much, stop it, come on the forum, read about boxing, write about boxing. I don't give a flying **** if you want paragraphs, if some guy's "snitched" or the other crap you seem to concern yourself with.

Blue Öyster
07-21-2008, 11:19 PM
thanks blue oyster I'll work on that btw Don't Fear The Reaper one of my all time favorite songs...
...So I haven't had a cigarette all day today, no ****. that's pretty big for me. my job is stressful, went all damn day without smoking and I'm usedto smoking at least 8 a day. I haven't been smoking but for about four months, but on and off before that I had smoked for like , 4 years. I'm just tired of it.

Tired of wasting money on cigarettes and killing myself at the same time. All it's gonna do is make me end up an old man with less money than if I didn't smoke, in terrible health. I made a decision today that I'm gonna stick by, not because I want to live to see age 90, but because I want to build up my stamina and clean out the local amateur heavyweight division so I don't grow old with regret, thinking "I had a good punch, coulda, woulda, shoulda..."

dont fear the reaper is one of the GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME!!!! lol!!!

you know it takes about 3-5 days before you lose the sweats and cravings so hang in there!! THEY DO GO AWAY!!

my advice would be give up the old fashioned way! do not take nicotine gum or patches they are bad and have side effects!

i am speaking from experience!!

good luck

thegimmick
07-22-2008, 04:36 AM
you need to work on your footwork alot and try to get your hands straight back to your chin and practise workin your jab

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Why are speaking out of turn again? Don't speak to me in that kind of manner you little *****, you aint even ****ing man enough to be my girlfriend let alone threatening. If I was going to sit down and write an essay I would put in perfect grammar, spelling, long words and neat little paragraphs but I was just writing free flow like a conversation. You ***** too much, stop it, come on the forum, read about boxing, write about boxing. I don't give a flying **** if you want paragraphs, if some guy's "snitched" or the other crap you seem to concern yourself with.

Listen up you little ***** come down to my gym in Blackpool and spar me. Real Talk. If your man enough pm me and I will send you the address. I will teach your stupid ass some respect and manners, hoe.

T-97
07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Listen up you little ***** come down to my gym in Blackpool and spar me. Real Talk. If your man enough pm me and I will send you the address. I will teach your stupid ass some respect and manners, hoe.

Oh ****!

5K on P4P King to win!!

sukhenkoy
07-22-2008, 12:40 PM
P4P's favorite word is "man". "Man enough", "man up" - that's real talk.

P4P, you da MAN!

JayCoe
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Real tough act. Try get someone down from the other side of the U.K to spar, it doesn't mean ****. I'm no kid, I don't play like a kid and I damn well don't act like one. So, "man up". We'll continue this conversation over PM because last time you gave me grief like this and had people going "you wont like him when he's angry" and all of that crap, I PM'd you and you were decent and humble, telling me to calm down it's only a forum...Weird that.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Real tough act. Try get someone down from the other side of the U.K to spar, it doesn't mean ****. I'm no kid, I don't play like a kid and I damn well don't act like one. So, "man up". We'll continue this conversation over PM because last time you gave me grief like this and had people going "you wont like him when he's angry" and all of that crap, I PM'd you and you were decent and humble, telling me to calm down it's only a forum...Weird that.

Don't duck me *****. I will knock yo ass out! You little ***** trying to correct me I will put you to sleep.

JayCoe
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Now come on Chris, do you mind me calling you Chris? I mean that's your name isn't it? Chris Johnson, right? You've ignored my P.M and you're writing here. I don't like to play to crowds too often. Let's speak there.

cibola4
07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
the information on this thread was good..thanks peoples

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Now come on Chris, do you mind me calling you Chris? I mean that's your name isn't it? Chris Johnson, right? You've ignored my P.M and you're writing here. I don't like to play to crowds too often. Let's speak there.

WOW!!! I have a new stalker. I replied twice to your pms you lying cunt. Don't talk **** to me and not be prepared to meet me. You little ****. Man up and fight me ya little *****.

JayCoe
07-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Stalker? Right? That's the first thing that comes into your head when a guy knows your name?...That's kinda gay.

At the time I wrote that you hadn't, you'd ignored it until a few mins after I posted that.

What you're saying is come from one end of the country to the other for a spar and I say no because i'm not a kid by making that kind of dumbass statement. It's like when I was about 12 everyone would say to friend of a friend x 10 over msn "shut up or i'll get my big brother to give me a lift to where you live and beat you up" or you'd say it over a chatroom..."Man up" and by that I mean be a man, not a boy and stop bothering people on this forum by posting random crap and little about boxing.

I mean I doubt i'll win this but here's a simple way to end this **** right, we'll get a poll and the members vote in Training and Nutrition, we cant send anybody messages or anything, they just vote. The loser leaves. I'm about 9/10 sure that i'll be the one leaving so you've got nothing to worry about right? You've been here a long time and you prob know alot of the members who'd vote for you, I know none...But i'd rather take that 9/10 chance of leaving JUST to have that 1/10 chance to make you **** off this forum forever. And we have to agree to go and not come back. Now I read somewhere somebody actually made a deal with you to leave and you didn't when you lost but if we do this, the loser leaves. For certain.

Hearnsz
07-22-2008, 05:10 PM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194690

I'm still waiting for an apology P4PKING_2008...
And it's really a ***** act to call people out when you know they live 2k+ miles away.
Last time I checked you were a bantamweight ****** btw. So even if you'd fight JayCoe, my money is on him.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194690

I'm still waiting for an apology P4PKING_2008...
And it's really a ***** act to call people out when you know they live 2k+ miles away.
Last time I checked you were a bantamweight ****** btw. So even if you'd fight JayCoe, my money is on him.

I was never proven wrong. Does Calzaghe train in gloves? Yes he does and whatever weight they are he is using weighted gloves. He should go not me for that very reason.

That ***** won't do ****. He is already back pedaling.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Stalker? Right? That's the first thing that comes into your head when a guy knows your name?...That's kinda gay.

At the time I wrote that you hadn't, you'd ignored it until a few mins after I posted that.

What you're saying is come from one end of the country to the other for a spar and I say no because i'm not a kid by making that kind of dumbass statement. It's like when I was about 12 everyone would say to friend of a friend x 10 over msn "shut up or i'll get my big brother to give me a lift to where you live and beat you up" or you'd say it over a chatroom..."Man up" and by that I mean be a man, not a boy and stop bothering people on this forum by posting random crap and little about boxing.

I mean I doubt i'll win this but here's a simple way to end this **** right, we'll get a poll and the members vote in Training and Nutrition, we cant send anybody messages or anything, they just vote. The loser leaves. I'm about 9/10 sure that i'll be the one leaving so you've got nothing to worry about right? You've been here a long time and you prob know alot of the members who'd vote for you, I know none...But i'd rather take that 9/10 chance of leaving JUST to have that 1/10 chance to make you **** off this forum forever. And we have to agree to go and not come back. Now I read somewhere somebody actually made a deal with you to leave and you didn't when you lost but if we do this, the loser leaves. For certain.

I am not reading all that, damn. ****in' hell why write an essay no one bothers to read to answer everything.

Yeah do a poll and I will **** you up, blood. I promise to leave if you get more votes. No one knows who the **** you are on here neways.

Don't talk **** to me if ya not prepared to back it up. Simple. ****in' ***** scared ****less.

JayCoe
07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Tell you what I love the most about this right, is P4P has come into conflict with me a few times now but never comes up with the stupid idea of me hiking the country for a spar UNTIL, now see you if any of you see the correlation here, I JUST post a comment in an argument where I mentioned that it's stupid offering to spar someone over the thread and that you wouldn't catch me doing stuff like that and would only throw in some swear words...THEN all of a sudden this guy acts tough and tries to make me travel to spar...Sounds to me that you prob' saw you could get some brownie points easily and went for it. Might explain why 3 times i've asked for your address and all 3 ignored...Like I said though bud, i'm not 12 yr old, this discussion is pathetic.

I know no-one knows of me, I said that! But like I said 9/10 chance of losing 1/10 of winning, i'd take that risk just for that 1/10 chance to get rid of you.

Could somebody please PM how to set up a poll on Training and Nutrition. If it gets set up the timer is 48 hours from the time it's posted.

Darkstranger
07-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but you seem to stand and admire your right hand after you've thrown it. You need to snap that right hand straight back! Keep working hard and get your fitness up!

Good Luck!!!

:boxing:

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Tell you what I love the most about this right, is P4P has come into conflict with me a few times now but never comes up with the stupid idea of me hiking the country for a spar UNTIL, now see you if any of you see the correlation here, I JUST post a comment in an argument where I mentioned that it's stupid offering to spar someone over the thread and that you wouldn't catch me doing stuff like that and would only throw in some swear words...THEN all of a sudden this guy acts tough and tries to make me travel to spar...Sounds to me that you prob' saw you could get some brownie points easily and went for it. Might explain why 3 times i've asked for your address and all 3 ignored...Like I said though bud, i'm not 12 yr old, this discussion is pathetic.

I know no-one knows of me, I said that! But like I said 9/10 chance of losing 1/10 of winning, i'd take that risk just for that 1/10 chance to get rid of you.

Could somebody please PM how to set up a poll on Training and Nutrition. If it gets set up the timer is 48 hours from the time it's posted.

You ***** you were the one who started talking **** when I asked why the **** you didn't use paragraphs in another of your long ass responses. Dick. So I asked you for a fight which as expected you pussied out of. You need to man the **** up before ya call people out and then **** yourself when someone wants to fight ya. You aint never boxed a round in your life **** outta here ya *****.

JayCoe
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
You talk **** at me, I tell you to **** off and then you carry on talking **** except now you start saying you want to spar right after you, no doubt, see me post that comment saying that saying that kind of stuff is stupid...Real brave...Now you try and make me out to be a ***** and keep offering the spar which i've already said is stupid but wont cough up your address that you keep promising...As for having never boxed, A) just check my posts it's pretty obvious I have boxing knowledge B) Check yours, you never post anything with actual boxing knowledge in it besides knowledge of boxers and events which anyone who follows the sport can know, you haven't got to do it. But im not sad enough to accuse people of not boxing, believe what you want, doesn't bother me. Like I said at the start, stop talking out of turn *****.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 06:37 PM
You talk **** at me, I tell you to **** off and then you carry on talking **** except now you start saying you want to spar right after you, no doubt, see me post that comment saying that saying that kind of stuff is stupid...Real brave...Now you try and make me out to be a ***** and keep offering the spar which i've already said is stupid but wont cough up your address that you keep promising...As for having never boxed, A) just check my posts it's pretty obvious I have boxing knowledge B) Check yours, you never post anything with actual boxing knowledge in it besides knowledge of boxers and events which anyone who follows the sport can know, you haven't got to do it. But im not sad enough to accuse people of not boxing, believe what you want, doesn't bother me. Like I said at the start, stop talking out of turn *****.

STFU and make the poll.

****in' hypocrite. [Bolded part]

If you could box then you would spar me you don't live far. You outweigh me as well you clearly don't box unless you would have jumped at the chance to say you got ya ass whooped by P4PKING.

Hearnsz
07-22-2008, 06:52 PM
I was never proven wrong. Does Calzaghe train in gloves? Yes he does and whatever weight they are he is using weighted gloves. He should go not me for that very reason.

That ***** won't do ****. He is already back pedaling.

Lol... If you even bothered to read the thread you would see it isn't even about Calzaghe or using weights. But I guess your lazyness to read was already pointed out by you commenting JayCoe's post.

I'll shortly try to say what stands in the thread;

KostyaTzyu44: "I guess many people lost their first fight."
P4PKING_2008: "50% of the people lost their first fight."
Rafael_S: "It's possible that more or less than 50% of the people lost their first fight. Since fights also happen between people who have their first fights and people who already have had their first fight."

Then you suddenly totally change the subject. Going from what actually HAPPENED for all the people (the percentage of people who lost their first fight) to what COULD HAPPEN for 1 sinlge person. (prediction whether he will win or lose his first fight)

P4PKING_2008: "It doesn't matter if it's the first or second fight, you always have a 50% chance of winning for each fight."
Rafael_S: "It's not because you have 2 options (win/lose) that you have a 50% chance. Otherwise it would be a coincidence that good fighters have good records.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Lol... If you even bothered to read the thread you would see it isn't even about Calzaghe or using weights. But I guess your lazyness to read was already pointed out by you commenting JayCoe's post.

I'll shortly try to say what stands in the thread;

KostyaTzyu44: "I guess many people lost their first fight."
P4PKING_2008: "50% of the people lost their first fight."
Rafael_S: "It's possible that more or less than 50% of the people lost their first fight. Since fights also happen between people who have their first fights and people who already have had their first fight."

Then you suddenly totally change the subject. Going from what actually HAPPENED for all the people (the percentage of people who lost their first fight) to what COULD HAPPEN for 1 sinlge person. (prediction whether he will win or lose his first fight)

P4PKING_2008: "It doesn't matter if it's the first or second fight, you always have a 50% chance of winning for each fight."
Rafael_S: "It's not because you have 2 options (win/lose) that you have a 50% chance. Otherwise it would be a coincidence that good fighters have good records.

Say I have a first fight against someone who has won his only fight I still have a 50/50 chance of winning correct? And a 50% of losing that fight.

Hearnsz
07-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Say I have a first fight against someone who has won his only fight I still have a 50/50 chance of winning correct? And a 50% of losing that fight.

No.
It's quite absurd to make exact predictions for something unpredictable as a boxing fight. You can't say it's 50% just because you have 2 options (win/lose).

I don't really know how to explain this. It's something you have to understand using common sense I guess.

EDIT: I'll try to explain with an example I just came up with though.
You have a coin with a black and white side.
If you toss it, you would say it's always 50% chance it will be black or white. And that's correct if there would be ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER factors playing role.
The way you toss it is a factor, the wind is a factor. And probably many other things are also factors. It's possible to make it fall on the black side 100% of times if you toss it in a certain manner with a certain windpower/direction.

For a fight there are also many factors playing role. And with many I mean probably over a million.
The biggest factors that most of the times determine the outcome, however, are skill, power and speed. That's also why good fighters have usually have good records.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 07:17 PM
No.
It's quite absurd to make exact predictions for something unpredictable as a boxing fight. You can't say it's 50% just because you have 2 options (win/lose).

I don't really know how to explain this. It's something you have to understand using common sense I guess.

Yes you can. You have no other option but for one to win and the other to lose. There is no other way around it. Win or lose whichever fight you are in.

Hearnsz
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes you can. You have no other option but for one to win and the other to lose. There is no other way around it. Win or lose whichever fight you are in.

So according to you: 50% of the children die at age of 2? Because they have 2 options: die or not die.
50% of the people also must use crack then. Cause they either use it, or they don't.

The only thing where you can use your 50% thingie is in TOTAL fights lost/won.

Stormin' Norman
07-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Wow, I get home from work to realize my thread's been turned into a pissing contest.

Guys, life's too short to keep checking in some thread to see if someones badmouthing you. And if they are badmouthing you, **** it. Let 'em... do something else other than come in here and cloud my thread. Now I have to sift through the "twoayouts" (aka Pesci, "My Cousin Vinny") flames to find posts that I deem valuable. Like the guy who told me I was too stiff. If that guy's post was in between the flames I woulda never seen it. **** caring about flames on a forum, seriously....What are you trying to protect your b-scene legacy haha who gives a ****, just live life, and ignore whatever bothers you....the way I see it, is if someone badmouths me and I happen to read it, I might post one (1) ONE post back to em and never look at the thread again.

take it out on the road, or your punching bag, or hell even your girls *****, **** her raw and take out all your b-scene aggression on it. just please refrain from posting back to back flames, like 20 in a day that's too much...1 or 2 replies per guy per day is enough.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
So according to you: 50% of the children die at age of 2? Because they have 2 options: die or not die.
50% of the people also must use crack then. Cause they either use it, or they don't.

The only thing where you can use your 50% thingie is in TOTAL fights lost/won.

Erm no. That can be avoided. In a fight you know it will start and end. Where one wins and the other loses. So 50% of people have lost their first fights.

Hearnsz
07-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow, I get home from work to realize my thread's been turned into a pissing contest.

Guys, life's too short to keep checking in some thread to see if someones badmouthing you. And if they are badmouthing you, **** it. Let 'em... do something else other than come in here and cloud my thread. Now I have to sift through the "twoayouts" (aka Pesci, "My Cousin Vinny") flames to find posts that I deem valuable. Like the guy who told me I was too stiff. If that guy's post was in between the flames I woulda never seen it. **** caring about flames on a forum, seriously....What are you trying to protect your b-scene legacy haha who gives a ****, just live life, and ignore whatever bothers you....the way I see it, is if someone badmouths me and I happen to read it, I might post one (1) ONE post back to em and never look at the thread again.

take it out on the road, or your punching bag, or hell even your girls *****, **** her raw and take out all your b-scene aggression on it. just please refrain from posting back to back flames, like 20 in a day that's too much...1 or 2 replies per guy per day is enough.

I'm sorry but I just hate it when dumb people are to stupid to notice their mistakes. Even when you give them valid reasons and prep-school-examples.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM

I've just been keeping these haters in check. They need telling sometimes. They won't hijack ya thread no more bro.

Hearnsz
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Erm no. That can be avoided. In a fight you know it will start and end. Where one wins and the other loses. So 50% of people have lost their first fights.

Losing a fight can also be avoided.
Tell me; what's the reason why you train every week?
EDIT: I also just read you STILL think 50% of the people lost their FIRST fight. God damn. That you still haven't give in into that.
Nevermind this. I'm not responding anymore. You have to be the dumbest 17 year old I ever met.

P4PKING_2008
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Losing a fight can also be avoided.
Tell me; what's the reason why you train every week?

Cot dayum boy. Drop it. I am right, you are wrong.

Stormin' Norman
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
concerning the percentage on winning a fight, that's just silly, so many things weigh in on what happens on fight night.

styles, attitudes of the fighters, who feels like he has more to prove, who feels calm, cool and feels like taking it easy, who's girl is ****ing around on them, who's girl is committed and not ****ing around, whos died in one of the guys families recently, etc.

a MULTITUDE of factors goes into whether or not someone is victorious.

Stormin' Norman
07-22-2008, 08:10 PM
btw just wanted to say CIGARETTE FREE FOR 2 DAYS !!!

sukhenkoy
07-22-2008, 09:38 PM
btw just wanted to say CIGARETTE FREE FOR 2 DAYS !!!

Congratulations man. If you set your mind to it, you can do anything. Keep it up and you'll be in shape in no time.

Paardekopski
07-23-2008, 07:02 AM
How about that, I'm also on my second day without ciggies, wanna race?

(I guess we have a 50% on succes, haha)

(sorry)

Stormin' Norman
07-23-2008, 04:20 PM
How about that, I'm also on my second day without ciggies, wanna race?

(I guess we have a 50% on succes, haha)

(sorry)

Good luck brother. I can tell so far that it's benefitted my stamina five-fold after only 3 days of being cig-free. Although there are times I would like to smoke a cigarette. And quitting cold turkey has it's downfalls as you will have a sharp decline in sex drive, making your lady rather angry at you for becomnig alimp noodle. But, in the long run, it's best for you to just give it up...

im about to lace up the boots go outside and focus on keeping my hands up and snapping my punches, and i wish i knew a secret to becoming more 'loose'....i hear that will benefit my style (if u wanna call it a style)

Paardekopski
07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah man, let's keep at it. The biggest downfall of going cold turkey sofar for me seems to be a lack of concentration. I'm drinking tons of water, so hopefully it flushes crap out. Good luck to ya..

Stormin' Norman
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
im about to go 5 rounds on the bag with a sweater on in 95 degree weather, it should remove a bit of the toxins from me...

sukhenkoy
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM
im about to go 5 rounds on the bag with a sweater on in 95 degree weather, it should remove a bit of the toxins from me...

Why do you need a sweater in 95 degree weather? You're gonna sweat like a mother****er anyway, sweater or no sweater. You're only putting unnecessary stress on your heart with the sweater.

Stormin' Norman
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Why do you need a sweater in 95 degree weather? You're gonna sweat like a mother****er anyway, sweater or no sweater. You're only putting unnecessary stress on your heart with the sweater.

yeah but you sweat alot more with a sweater. you're right it is worse for your heart though. They had a local amateur die around B.R. area named Sean Lee, my old coach D.C. Dennis Combs trained him and named the gym after him. ****er died running in a sweater or whatever those everlast sweat suit trashbag things are... i feel sorry for him, heard he was a great fighter, undefeated amateur, etc.

my old coach was a racist mother****er. if that dumbass old son of a ***** wouldve just put the racial bull**** aside, and forgotten about the 60s, and treated me as a student of the game instead of a whiteboy, I wouldve already cleaned out the local amateur heavyweight division. i run all his top guys off and thats why he resents me. **** him...i respect him cuz he taught me how to fight and I'll be at his funeral, but he's a ****ing ******* for being as racist and assholish as he was the time I spent busting ass working over his top guys and even helping out kids in my spare time there. (black kids, that is.)

im not a racist person at all but if a brutha looks at me in the eyes with the slightest bit of hatred and resentment he's on my ****list, **** you guys you know who u r.

Fidayin
07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
yeah but you sweat alot more with a sweater. you're right it is worse for your heart though. They had a local amateur die around B.R. area named Sean Lee, my old coach D.C. Dennis Combs trained him and named the gym after him. ****er died running in a sweater or whatever those everlast sweat suit trashbag things are... i feel sorry for him, heard he was a great fighter, undefeated amateur, etc.

my old coach was a racist mother****er. if that dumbass old son of a ***** wouldve just put the racial bull**** aside, and forgotten about the 60s, and treated me as a student of the game instead of a whiteboy, I wouldve already cleaned out the local amateur heavyweight division. i run all his top guys off and thats why he resents me. **** him...i respect him cuz he taught me how to fight and I'll be at his funeral, but he's a ****ing ******* for being as racist and assholish as he was the time I spent busting ass working over his top guys and even helping out kids in my spare time there. (black kids, that is.)

im not a racist person at all but if a brutha looks at me in the eyes with the slightest bit of hatred and resentment he's on my ****list, **** you guys you know who u r.

you are 25 years old and you haven't got any amateur fight and you are overweight. I can't believe a person who has achieved so les can have such a big mouth.

P4PKING_2008
07-24-2008, 06:20 PM
you are 25 years old and you haven't got any amateur fight and you are overweight. I can't believe a person who has achieved so les can have such a big mouth.

A random person in the street has achieved the same as him. **** all. He is overweight doesn't go to a gym. And hasn't fought yet.

Reality check needed.

Stormin' Norman
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM

1. the local hw division is weak enough for that to happen around here

2. I've defeated the 2005 sthn asscn hw champion multiple times in sparring

3. youre just a kid with his foot in his mouth, piss off.

Chayal Boded.
07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
my advice would be try not to make any slow movements. if you want to go to the right, get there quick, if you want to go left foward or back, same thing. try not to drag your feet around or move lethargically.

FIGHTING_FLIP
07-26-2008, 12:13 AM

but there isnt suppose to be a "defeated" or "winning" in sparring.

Stormin' Norman
07-26-2008, 05:19 PM
but there isnt suppose to be a "defeated" or "winning" in sparring.

but there is.

Darkstranger
07-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm assuming you were a lot better before, because judging by your bag work I find it difficult to believe you defeated a champion of any sorts or would clean out a super heavyweight division either.

I'm not hating or anything bro, but you make some pretty big and bold statements, it's good to have that drive and ambition, but coupled with those videos on the bag it's a little difficult to take those statements seriously.

Anyways, keep training hard!

:boxing:

Stormin' Norman
07-26-2008, 05:50 PM
i rely on a combination of timing,clinching & chin to make up for my lacking areas. this sparring match took place before i underwent 2 surgeries on my right hand. (So I basically had no right cross except as a feint) plus back then I was totally offensive and sucked at keeping my hands up 80% of the time

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPtpYMqGLnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPtpYMqGLnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this was back in sept 06, this dude is actually a super heavy with a record of 8-2... I could've KOd him but let him off the hook and he is actually up in the local rankings thats how much the local scene is a joke here...There's a reason Clifford Etienne's the best HW louisiana's ever produced, for some reason our boxing is weaker down here than up north...

its a shame i didnt tape the other stuff I did such as beating up hickman , the truth about that is that he was 18 and 5'11" heavyweight and he was the 05 sth asscn hw champ, but he slid off the map and his record was 30-7 the times we sparred, he dislocated his shoulder and quit the gym after his next match..the thing was i am just naturally taller and was much older than him, almost felt like a man against a boy- 18 to 23 is a big gap , add the height difference and his style was made for my jab really because he lacked a solid guard.

but i appreciate the comment -I know it isn't a burn I'm not perfect. you have some long arms i wouldnt mind seeing some vids of you in action.

Fidayin
07-26-2008, 06:20 PM
i rely on a combination of timing,clinching & chin to make up for my lacking areas. this sparring match took place before i underwent 2 surgeries on my right hand. (So I basically had no right cross except as a feint) plus back then I was totally offensive and sucked at keeping my hands up 80% of the time

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPtpYMqGLnk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPtpYMqGLnk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this was back in sept 06, this dude is actually a super heavy with a record of 8-2... I could've KOd him but let him off the hook and he is actually up in the local rankings thats how much the local scene is a joke here...There's a reason Clifford Etienne's the best HW louisiana's ever produced, for some reason our boxing is weaker down here than up north...

its a shame i didnt tape the other stuff I did such as beating up hickman , the truth about that is that he was 18 and 5'11" heavyweight and he was the 05 sth asscn hw champ, but he slid off the map and his record was 30-7 the times we sparred, he dislocated his shoulder and quit the gym after his next match..the thing was i am just naturally taller and was much older than him, almost felt like a man against a boy- 18 to 23 is a big gap , add the height difference and his style was made for my jab really because he lacked a solid guard.

but i appreciate the comment -I know it isn't a burn I'm not perfect. you have some long arms i wouldnt mind seeing some vids of you in action.

omg lol funny video, but that wasn't sparring that was just 2 guys with no skills beating each other up.

JF91
07-26-2008, 06:29 PM

I watched about 20 seconds, saw 5 stupid overhand rights and stopped it. If that's how you really spar then **** me sideways..

Fidayin
07-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I watched about 20 seconds, saw 5 stupid overhand rights and stopped it. If that's how you really spar then **** me sideways..

you should watch the whole video, u will get a good laugh

P4PKING_2008
07-26-2008, 06:43 PM
LMAO That vid was awesome. None of ya showed any skill or that you had been taught anything. The white guy just pushed the there cat and shoved his hand in his face whilst he ran away. Black kid won easy if I was to 'score' a street fight.

Darkstranger
07-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Well you ain't gun shy that's for sure!

But one thing you have to ask yourself is what did I actually learn from the spar?

Both of you in the vid went crazy throwing wild shots and technique went out of the window. Do this in a bout and you could lose against a guy you would've beaten if you just stuck to good technique. You may not get knocked out but you'll get caught with silly shots and lose points bacause of basic mistakes like having your hands too low or not getting in and back out of range quickly. So many people lose fights like that in the Ams.

The opponent was awful for a guy who's had ten fights!

Paardekopski
07-26-2008, 10:18 PM
it wasn't pretty, but you got spirit man :)

eman-resu
07-27-2008, 12:26 AM
There's no clinching in amateurs. It's pointless since you can't hit out of the clinch and you need to be on the offensive to win the rounds. If you want to make up for "lacking areas" you do that with stamina and work rate, not you ability to take a billion ****ty punches. I think the only advantage you had over the other guy is you obviously outweigh him. Run your ass off and stop winging your punches and you could easily beat that guy.

Trrmo
07-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Well Im gonna have to say in all honesty that sparring was terrible. Poor technique, defence, arms flailing everywhere, and that was both of you. Your jab looked good as a positive but the reason it landed so much is the other guy is inexperienced as well and had a poor defence. You need sparring partners on a higher level than this guy if you want to improve (a bigger ring would help also for you big guys). Also practice the basics, you gotta keep it alot tighter in all aspects!

Also you can have hard sparring sessions, but sparring is never really gonna be the real thing. In a real fight punches are thrown with real intent to inflict as much damage as possible. I have sparred heavyweights and if the spar was scored it probably would be given to me because I was quicker and landed more punches, but if the heavyweight treated it as a fight, he would have probably dropped me, or hit me hard enough to keep me the **** out of his range! I know when I spar smaller guys who are often quicker they land quite a bit of leather but I know if I want to I can drop them if they get too ****y, but once again, its sparring, not a real boxing match!

Anyway, good luck with quitting smoking, I have quit for 3 months now, no drinking at all either and training at least 5 days a week. The adrenalin rush from exercise will soon replace the addictive ***** nicotine hit.

Kasius
07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Reading you before wath this video i could think something good about you, but now i think you are very bad.

sukhenkoy
07-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Reading you before wath this video i could think something good about you, but now i think you are very bad.
What the **** is that supposed to mean???

Sadler
07-28-2008, 06:44 AM

If youre from Blackpool why are you talking like youre from Compton? lol

KostyaTszyu44
07-28-2008, 07:16 AM

**** me maybe you could have summed that up? or wrote in paragraphs?

KostyaTszyu44
07-28-2008, 07:19 AM

how can you defeat someone in sparring?

KostyaTszyu44
07-28-2008, 07:21 AM

save the trash talk and bull**** for when you actually have a bout or better yet learn to box properly

KostyaTszyu44
07-28-2008, 07:27 AM

the **** was that ? you say the guy in that vid was 8-2 :rofl: and you say you beat up a guy who was 30-7 ......i have only had 1 real bout and an exhibition bout and my technique is 10000x better than that guy in the vid you sparred with. i dunno maybe you are telling the truth but the competition there must be incredibly weak.....very oddd

The_Shawnster
07-28-2008, 08:50 AM
What the **** was that bull****????!!!!!

Man you talk some serious **** out of that fat ass of yours! Talking about how you gonna do this and do that, not boxing like that you won't!!!

Better to be quietly confident than to post this bull****! The bag vids were ****, the sparring was even worse!

In fact, put the gloves down and pick the cigs back up and get your erections back! Otherwise you'll just end up a tomato can boxer with brain damage who needs viagra!

The_Shawnster
07-28-2008, 08:58 AM
P.s. Your black coach who didn't let you fight? That had absolutely nothing to do with your colour which is evident from the bull**** video's you've posted. You could've been the blackest mutha ****er this side of Africa, I'm talking Ugandan type ****, and that coach still wouldn't of let you take a bout!!! You have no skills, end of!!!!

Buy yourself a packet of Marlboro!

Sadler
07-28-2008, 09:42 AM
P.s. Your black coach who didn't let you fight? That had absolutely nothing to do with your colour which is evident from the bull**** video's you've posted. You could've been the blackest mutha ****er this side of Africa, I'm talking Ugandan type ****, and that coach still wouldn't of let you take a bout!!! You have no skills, end of!!!!

Buy yourself a packet of Marlboro!

shut up you racist twat

Kasius
07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I will say it in spanish: eres muy malo para tanto que hablas, no se cómo tienes la cara de poner este video de mierda.

peewee1460
07-28-2008, 09:16 PM
literal translation: Do you are very evil for so much that speak, itself do not how have the face to put this video of crap.

so what did you mean?

Paardekopski
07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
literal translation: Do you are very evil for so much that speak, itself do not how have the face to put this video of crap.

so what did you mean?

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D I sprayed coffee on my screen

Trrmo
07-29-2008, 07:21 AM

so what did you mean?

It means more or less ´you are really bad for someone who talks alot, I dont know how you have got the nerve (face) to post such a **** video´.

(no offence SN just translating)

JoHnNyBoXeR
07-29-2008, 09:52 AM

dude u come to my gym you will get your ass kicked by 140 pounders

Fernando Torres
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Keep plodding away and add punch out drills. Why would anyone wnat to flame if you don't talk **** and give it large like a tit? LOL. Look's like you need to imrpove your fitness alot and if that is your aim then punchouts are most ideal.

Stormin' Norman
08-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I see it like this. I have 2 attributes alotof guys don't have, natural power and a good chin. It's like baseball in a sense, if you got two guys there, one who has decent technique but decent hitting power, and another who hits pretty hard but is out of shape and lacks technique, you can teach the guy with ****ty technique to reform, and that's what I'm working on. I'm working on my technique and stamina/weight...If I can get down to like 225 or etc (i weigh 280 lbs)... I would hit alot faster, and harder....If you think I'd get my ass kicked in your gym in NYC, it wouldn't suprise me a bit, Competition is stiffer up north than it is down here. Especially if it's a gym that has alot of professionals in it...Mine had zero...But I've never been ko'd, or hurt for that matter, and have yet to face an amateur sparring that I've 'lost' to....I think there is a winner and loser in everything, both competitors know what's happening,

good example is when page was sparring with tyson before the douglas bout, yea, page was knocking tyson down...I guess tyson wasn't the loser of that sparring match though, right? right.........

im goin to jump rope

We'll see what happens~

eman-resu
08-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Everyone who weighs 280 has power. There are a lot of knockouts at high weights because your ability to take a punch isn't directly related to your weight.

Blue Öyster
08-05-2008, 02:07 AM
I see it like this. I have 2 attributes alotof guys don't have, natural power and a good chin. It's like baseball in a sense, if you got two guys there, one who has decent technique but decent hitting power, and another who hits pretty hard but is out of shape and lacks technique, you can teach the guy with ****ty technique to reform, and that's what I'm working on. I'm working on my technique and stamina/weight...If I can get down to like 225 or etc (i weigh 280 lbs)... I would hit alot faster, and harder....If you think I'd get my ass kicked in your gym in NYC, it wouldn't suprise me a bit, Competition is stiffer up north than it is down here. Especially if it's a gym that has alot of professionals in it...Mine had zero...But I've never been ko'd, or hurt for that matter, and have yet to face an amateur sparring that I've 'lost' to....I think there is a winner and loser in everything, both competitors know what's happening,

good example is when page was sparring with tyson before the douglas bout, yea, page was knocking tyson down...I guess tyson wasn't the loser of that sparring match though, right? right.........

im goin to jump rope

We'll see what happens~

YOU HAVE NO POWER!!!!!!!

i'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but whoever told you that you hit hard is a liar!!!!

i'm a lot smaller than you and i punch A HELL OF A LOT HARDER THAN YOU DO!! AND I DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MYSELF A BIG PUNCHER!!!

from what iv seen of you on the bag and sparring, you are an arm puncher! you can't seem to put you weight behind your shots properly!!

you mentality is going to get you knocked out!!!

Stormin' Norman
08-05-2008, 02:07 PM
YOU HAVE NO POWER!!!!!!!

i'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but whoever told you that you hit hard is a liar!!!!

i'm a lot smaller than you and i punch A HELL OF A LOT HARDER THAN YOU DO!! AND I DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MYSELF A BIG PUNCHER!!!

from what iv seen of you on the bag and sparring, you are an arm puncher! you can't seem to put you weight behind your shots properly!!

you mentality is going to get you knocked out!!!

No ****. The power is there, and the technique is what I'm working on... That was established in page one...3 of my punches I use proper technique on, (when I want to)- Left hook to body, right hook to body, and jab...my cross is that of an infant's because of surgery and ****ty technique, thanks for reminding me ><

What it is going to boil down to is me getting serious with rotational strength training and losing this tire around my waist. I heard every 5lbs of fat gives you better handspeed, well if I lose 60 lbs of fat and get down to 220, I should be pretty ****ing quick and we all know speed =power ...so.../shrug

as far as getting knocked out ive sparred a guy who was on friday night fights named tiger taylor who clocked me clean coming in with my own right hand and I just didn't feel anything but a jolt,im telling you my skull is thicker than the avg persons or something.

And...little man...if you think you have a better jab, or left or right hooks downstairs than I do, I'd really love to see them,in fact if you can prove that they are so much more powerful than mine, I'll say **** it and give you all my points.
Even though I don't really have many to begin with. ;)

and having said all that, george foreman did tons of arm punching./

The Prowler
08-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I think the reason the real top guy who quit was because of his girlfriend, girls **** your head up.

You are so a virgin!!!!

real women motivate you, not hinder you!!!

i bet the closest thing you have had to sex was wrestling with that guy in your sparring video!!!

KostyaTszyu44
08-09-2008, 02:32 AM
stormin norman is a fat idiot ,end of thread

Danny Gunz
08-09-2008, 07:33 PM

im goin to jump rope

We'll see what happens~

Your exactly the type of person that everyone hates to spar. Instead of a technical fight where both fighters should me more worried about how they are punching rather then knocking the other guy out, you walk in their head hunting.... do not claim you have an "amazing chin" or "natural ability" until you actually get in their and fight.

Stormin' Norman
08-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Your exactly the type of person that everyone hates to spar. Instead of a technical fight where both fighters should me more worried about how they are punching rather then knocking the other guy out, you walk in their head hunting.... do not claim you have an "amazing chin" or "natural ability" until you actually get in their and fight.

assumption sucks...

because that's just wrong...what happens is, I get hit with a good punch, and I felt the bad intentions...rather than to respect the power of the punch I got hit with and outbox and work on technical ****, my instinct is to unleash my exact level of those bad intentions, sorry if it's a looping power shot, as that's my best way of getting someone to respect my power..personally, I like to go into every sparring match with more of a learning idea, not a kill you with one shot idea...but if a guy tags me hard, I'm gonna hit him back harder to let him know not to do that **** again, and that my friend is how either a fight breaks out, or two guys make a silent agreement to work on technical **** and tone it down. not all gyms have intelligent coaches who tell their fighters to tone it down on certain sparring opponents.

machotime
08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I would say you need lots of work....especially your footwork and head movement. You need to punch straighter and focus on full extension. Also, if your stance is unstable as it appears, and you have gaps in your defense youre gonna get tagged way too often and probably knocked off balance.... it doesnt matter how good your chin is.

Have you ever been in a ring... how do you know you have a good chin??

You keep your hands out way too long after a punch. You need to throw your jab, ensuring that you fully extend, and snap it back in place.

overall on a 10 point scale I give you a 2...

Stormin' Norman
08-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I would say you need lots of work....especially your footwork and head movement. You need to punch straighter and focus on full extension. Also, if your stance is unstable as it appears, and you have gaps in your defense youre gonna get tagged way too often and probably knocked off balance.... it doesnt matter how good your chin is.

Have you ever been in a ring... how do you know you have a good chin??

You keep your hands out way too long after a punch. You need to throw your jab, ensuring that you fully extend, and snap it back in place.

overall on a 10 point scale I give you a 2...

Yeah, if you woulda read the thread you'd have seen I've been in the ring via other videos posted. Now, as far as keepin my left out, I never do that...It's my right I have problems with, so maybe you were getting that confused...

But I do agree that my stance is extremely ugly along with my footwork, but I've never been knocked off balance, lol..c'mon, a 2? WTF.

Stormin' Norman
08-19-2008, 04:40 PM
i see the problem im not turning my left heel clockwise when I throw the left hook....