View Full Version : Amir Khan in denial of his chin and other things

Rafael Benitez
07-17-2008, 05:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7500689.stm

Good programme with some interesting points. Amir Khan is clearly in denial about his glass chin! he won't make it. I think the BEijing team have better prospects for the pro's.

Blue Öyster
07-17-2008, 02:46 PM
khan is a joke!!!
he will make lots of cash in his career but he will never be a real fighter that has real fights

Brian13
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Khan's chin is glass

ophqui
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
"micheal gomez looked bigger than me, he's a big lightweight" LOL wtf?

T-97
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
"micheal gomez looked bigger than me, he's a big lightweight" LOL wtf?

LMAO!!!!!

Gomez was no where near the size of him.

the_godslayer
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
LMAO!!!!!

Gomez was no where near the size of him.

Khan made me laugh in the post fight interview when he said "they are bringing world class fighters (ie Gomez) to fight me now and they get a good 8 weeks notice"

Gomez was fringe world class at best in his prime .....certainly not when he faced Khan.

T-97
07-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Khan made me laugh in the post fight interview when he said "they are bringing world class fighters (ie Gomez) to fight me now and they get a good 8 weeks notice"

Gomez was fringe world class at best in his prime .....certainly not when he faced Khan.

The only great thing Gomez did is beat Alex Arthur (It was Arthur right?) apart from that not much. He was a domestic level super featherweight!!

Khan is deluded :nonono:

Blue Öyster
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
The only great thing Gomez did is beat Alex Arthur (It was Arthur right?) apart from that not much. He was a domestic level super featherweight!!

the funny thing is if gomez was a little bit younger he would have
murdered "chicken" khan

the_godslayer
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM

Thats one of my favourite fights my friend, i watch it at least once a month!!!

the funny thing is if gomez was a little bit younger he would have
murdered "chicken" khan

I totally agree, the Gomez that beat Arthur would have done for Khan no problem.

d-1-n-only
07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
mike costello - experienced boxing punditt, knows too much

Nicky_Hatton
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
If Khan is world class so is Gomez. A prime Gomez would have ko'ed him fact.

Rafael Benitez
07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
khan is a joke!!!
he will make lots of cash in his career but he will never be a real fighter that has real fights
I have a source close to Khan that says his family are ragging the little cash he has. All of them descending on him like a pack of wolves! I doubt he will have much left over after dad and uncle spend it on Bhutto's election campaign!

mojack
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM

I know I threw 2 empty cans of beer and the remote at the TV when I heard him say that.

Unbelievable!

I was red with anger, who's he trying to kid? all the part-time boxing fans...that's who!

duffgun
07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
I love watching Khan just the hope of him getting knocked out i dont want to miss it when it happens.

Southpaw Stinger
07-24-2008, 08:49 AM
I love watching Khan just the hope of him getting knocked out i dont want to miss it when it happens.

And it will happen. Like kids playing footie in front of an old lady's window. Sooner or later it's gonna get kicked through and smashed.

Blue Öyster
07-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I have a source close to Khan that says his family are ragging the little cash he has. All of them descending on him like a pack of wolves! I doubt he will have much left over after dad and uncle spend it on Bhutto's election campaign!

and where did you here that?

Sadler
07-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I want Khan to fight Gamboa at 130 :P
hed get ko'ed

JayCoe
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm British and even I want Amir to get knocked out. Something about him annoys me, I don't really pay him much attention, I don't believe in the hype. Last fight I saw him in he punched the guy some 3 times whilst he was down and sat in the corner, he followed him with his hands whilst the punches were thrown meaning they were not a reaction combo which just happened to catch him, and then when he went down a second time he hit him once down again and then the third he didn't need to obviously. I'm not a fan.

Blue Öyster
07-24-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm British and even I want Amir to get knocked out. Something about him annoys me, I don't really pay him much attention, I don't believe in the hype. Last fight I saw him in he punched the guy some 3 times whilst he was down and sat in the corner, he followed him with his hands whilst the punches were thrown meaning they were not a reaction combo which just happened to catch him, and then when he went down a second time he hit him once down again and then the third he didn't need to obviously. I'm not a fan.

iv noticed that too!!

that wasn't the first time "chicken" khan has punched a downed opponent!!

Fernando Torres
07-29-2008, 02:21 AM
and where did you here that?I ahve a source close to me who is a source close to them! I KNOW he has a problem with his beak too! He hangs around with chavs allday long driving around and acting like dickheads.

Fernando Torres
07-29-2008, 02:23 AM
I love watching Khan just the hope of him getting knocked out i dont want to miss it when it happens.YEP. Nothing like seeing a bull****ter with his pants down. In a way him getting spanked was good for him and Warren. Now that they realised they need Warrens kid gloves, he will last a little longer. If he had spanked Gomez then they wopuld have gone for self promo. And his manager uncle genuinely think he is world class!!!! LOL. That's the problem with having family with fingers in pie when they were not boxing people beforehand.

The Wire
07-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Amir Khan will get KO'd once he fights at a decent level.

Fernando Torres
07-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Amir Khan will get KO'd once he fights at a decent level.

WHat if he never does that? It is possibel and the British public are dumb enough to keep buying his crap! He did once say he wants to retire at 25!

The Wire
07-31-2008, 07:05 AM
WHat if he never does that? It is possibel and the British public are dumb enough to keep buying his crap! He did once say he wants to retire at 25!
He'll have to fight for a world title one day and then make defences. As soon as he meets someone with a decent defense and a dig he'll get KTFO.

Mafcherano
08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Terry Edwards just saved his career by sending Gavin home! Suspicious is that me says. And then there was the Kindelan set up too which made him 3-1 in that series.

Joe2608
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't want him to get KO'd yet, but i want to see him work a hell of a lot on his defense and i want to see him step up and fight better competition instead of conning casual boxing fans into thinking he's the next big thing because he's knocking out shot featherweights.

Funky_Monk
08-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Here here i'd also like to see him take a bit of advice from some better liked boxers, There is something about khan that seems to annoy alot of people.

Blue Öyster
08-10-2008, 01:21 AM
, There is something about khan that seems to annoy alot of people.

its the fact that hes an overhyped bum who talks a lot of sh*t and
has no balls!!!

Mafcherano
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't want him to get KO'd yet, but i want to see him work a hell of a lot on his defense and i want to see him step up and fight better competition instead of conning casual boxing fans into thinking he's the next big thing because he's knocking out shot featherweights.It ain't his defence. He just is not good enough. Them shots that rocked him weren't even heavy. No matter what he does with his defence everyone takes shots at some point and he will get found out.

Here here i'd also like to see him take a bit of advice from some better liked boxers, There is something about khan that seems to annoy alot of people.He is a phony. If he had ability then nobody would be annoyd.

He'll have to fight for a world title one day and then make defences. As soon as he meets someone with a decent defense and a dig he'll get KTFO.
I don't think he will even go that far. Trust me the Brits are dumb enough to think a WBU is a legit world title. Just look at Fatton pre-Tszyu fight. He could possibly retire as a 'great' in their eyes without having a genuine world title. I wouldn't put it past them. Most poeple you talk to who know **** all about boxing actually think Gomez was a GREAT fighter, because Amir said so in what he thought was his interview with Larry Merchant!

heihaci
08-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Terry Edwards just saved his career by sending Gavin home! Suspicious is that me says.

This is a ridiculous suggestion!!

Anyway, if Gavin was to compete and win gold it would make no difference to Khan's career.Only give the Khan haters something to go about!!

Joe2608
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't think he will even go that far. Trust me the Brits are dumb enough to think a WBU is a legit world title. Just look at Fatton pre-Tszyu fight. He could possibly retire as a 'great' in their eyes without having a genuine world title. I wouldn't put it past them. Most poeple you talk to who know **** all about boxing actually think Gomez was a GREAT fighter, because Amir said so in what he thought was his interview with Larry Merchant!

Trust me, Frank Warren will find a way to get him a shot at the WBO sometime soon. It's like the Frank Warren belt. He is already ranked #2 by the WBO and #4 by the WBC.

abadger
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
To be fair to him, I can't imagine a scenario where many boxers are going to say "Yes well, obviously my chin is **** so i guess I'll just have to hope no-one hits me."

FeFist
08-14-2008, 01:35 AM
Lol I don't know who is more deluded, Khan or his fans, I had one of his fans call me an idiot for saying Paciquao would cave his chin in though he also thought he stood a chance against Margarito.

He is letting the British hype get to him, half his followers don't even care about boxing, it's just an excuse for them to go out and get wasted.

Darkstranger
08-14-2008, 05:27 AM
The funniest thing I heard were these 2 kids, about 18 years old BIG Khan fans say Khan should fight Mayweather! lol

WTF?!!!

Ray*
08-14-2008, 05:42 AM
I dont expect Khan to say anything else, What i dont understand is people making a big deal out of a young boxer who is obviously learning, Of course he would say things to make him look good thats what boxers do.

abadger
08-14-2008, 05:45 AM
I dont expect Khan to say anything else, What i dont understand is people making a big deal out of a young boxer who is obviously learning, Of course he would say things to make him look good thats what boxers do.

Yup. Every single one.