View Full Version : Based on his last performance, Ricco could beat Fedor

Rock Dog
08-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Just a thought.

DragonZero
08-17-2003, 04:34 PM
i seriosly doubt it and besides rico didn't look that great he did good but could have done alot better fedor is a animal he'd be in for a serious fight

Rock Dog
08-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Just based on his stand ups gotten better and he has solid TD's. He could still winfd up on his back getting pounded out, but I feel a good wrestler or fighter w/ wrestling background can beat: Sapp, Fedor and Crocop, strictly by getting a double leg take down and keeping them on their backs. I feel Coleman still has a chance at regaining the HW belt because all three of the aforementioned are not especially good on their backs and will prove relatively easy to take down.

Mr. Beelzebub
08-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Based on Fedor's last performance compare to Ricco's, Fedor would win by TKO early in the first round.

lightweight
08-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
Based on Fedor's last performance compare to Ricco's, Fedor would win by TKO early in the first round.

That's what I was going to post. Fedor's last showing looked much more impressive then Ricco's.

ronnie dobbs
08-18-2003, 02:53 AM
rock dog needs to stay off the rock.

Seraph_17
08-18-2003, 08:44 AM
No way Ricco would beat Fedor, first of all Ricco realy aint that good on his back (at least no where near as good as Nog is) and would take a bad beating if Fedor tok him down (which Fedor could manage easily since he was no.3 at judo in Russia and world sambo champ). Riccos only chance would be to take Fedor down, and he couldn't take Sylvia down so I don't see that happening. Standing Fedor could KO Ricco who has a poor chin.

Fallout
08-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Logic says no......however how many of you thought he would dominate like he did again Nog?

Mr. Beelzebub
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
I'd love to see Ricco try his "improved" stand up against Cro-Cop

mmafanman
08-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Ricco's suspect chin and his distaste for getting hit in the chops would cost him in a match against Fedor.

Fallout
08-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Ricco seems to do well against grapplers. Its the strikers that **** him over

mmafanman
08-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Creed
Ricco seems to do well against grapplers. Its the strikers that **** him over

Well said. Fedor can and will hit him. And we all know how hard Fedor can hit.

Bluecifer
08-20-2003, 04:45 PM
I think it would be a good match, but fedor hits so ****ing hard. That guy is a wrecking ball. Ricco could only win if he got the takedown and Gnp''d him for a decision, which I find unlikely.

mmafanman
08-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Fedor has hardly ever been on his back. It would be interesting to see how he'd do if he's got Suave's big ass on top of him.

Bluecifer
08-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Herring got him on his back and looked like he was gonna start landing some knees and then the bell sounded. Same thing with Nog, when he got the takedown and was on top the bell sounded. Ricco also has a considerable weight advantage, if he got Fedor down first, it could cause Fedor alot of trouble.

Rock Dog
08-20-2003, 10:42 PM
BD sees it like I do. Fedor's weakness is when he's on his back and Ricco has the capability of getting him there. The Uke's TD defense is questionable. Is it likely that Ricco would win? No. Possible (at least better chance than a large majority)? Yes.