View Full Version : just a quick question

KostyaTszyu44
07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
would it be ok if i drank a hot chocolate (made with no fat milk) once a day or so.....i checked the kilojoule and fat content, theyre very low (fat 0.6 g) and like 600 kj when made with no fat milk.. but the cadbury drinking chocolate mixture i use is like 75 % sugar.(11.8 g per 15 g)..i dont have much sugar in my diet anyway, so is it okay if i fitted this in once every day or two....

Team Mayweather
07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
would it be ok if i drank a hot chocolate (made with no fat milk) once a day or so.....i checked the kilojoule and fat content, theyre very low (fat 0.6 g) and like 600 kj when made with no fat milk.. but the cadbury drinking chocolate mixture i use is like 75 % sugar.(11.8 g per 15 g)..i dont have much sugar in my diet anyway, so is it okay if i fitted this in once every day or two....

I have a cadbury hot chocolate before training every week. Once a week I am at boxing though. I bike it to boxing and its like a 5 mile bike ride so its a good energy boost. Nothing wrong with it. You wont get instantly fat from it.

laurinsane8
07-15-2008, 07:42 PM
It's ok to have a treat. If you're trying to lose weight I'd say no. But if you're maintaining your weight then I'd say having a hot chocolate here and there isn't going to make or break you.

sukhenkoy
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM

Nothing is really ever gonna hurt you if done in moderation, kostya. However, it depends a lot on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose weight, you should probably stay away from it. I've personally gotten used to eating NO chocolate, NO candy, NO fastfood, so I just stay away from it without thinking about it. If you enjoy it, no problem with it. It might be something you look forward to starting your day off with, and, if that's the case, by all means. Obviously it's best if you didn't drink it, but it won't really make a huge difference. Hope this helps.

DutchDynamite
07-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Nothing is really ever gonna hurt you if done in moderation, kostya. However, it depends a lot on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose weight, you should probably stay away from it. I've personally gotten used to eating NO chocolate, NO candy, NO fastfood, so I just stay away from it without thinking about it. If you enjoy it, no problem with it. It might be something you look forward to starting your day off with, and, if that's the case, by all means. Obviously it's best if you didn't drink it, but it won't really make a huge difference. Hope this helps.

I used to be a total health freak to the extent it became a problem for me and the family. I took it too far. Now i just go with the flow, as said just do it in moderation and it is fine. Train daily and you will not gain.

KostyaTszyu44
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
well i dont have to lose weight for my fight this kend, but next year or maybe at the end of this year ill have to cut down a bit. thanks for the feedback, i was just seeing the opinions of people who trained etc... its has almost no fat and an ok energy content, the only thing i was worried about was the sugar...thanks guys