View Full Version : Gomi lost to Joachim Hansen

Curly Howard
08-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Takanori Gomi, who may be the best lightweight fighter in the world lost his match in Shooto with Joachim Hansen.
Hansen is 6-1-1 from Norway.
Win Marcus Peltonen TKO
Loss Jani Lax Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
Win Olof Inger Decision
Draw Rafles la Rose Draw
Win Sami Hyyppa Submission Shooto
Win Takumi Nakayama Decision (Majority) Shooto
Win Rumina Sato TKO (Punches) Shooto
Win Takanori Gomi Decision (Majority) Shooto
------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/pictures/Hansen_profile.jpg

The Ensanity
08-15-2003, 01:36 PM
evil lil bastard aint he...

Sudo would own him :)

Fallout
08-16-2003, 02:40 PM
SEE?! SEE?!!!!!!!

Everyone was swinging from Gomi's nuts. I kept saying, wait until he fights outside Shooto, then we will know. Well, we didn't have to wait that long!!!!

Rock Dog
08-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Creed makes an excellent point. Gomi fought only in Shooto and although these fighters tend to exude talent, their competition is limited and rules structured. That's why the almost invincible Mach Sakurai became all to human when he enetered the UFC. Gomi was unproven and although I respected him as a fighter (I still do) I knew he hadn't had enough fights w/ enough top competition to be ranked as highly as many people had him on ther LW and p4p lists. He's never fought Penn, Pulver, Serra, Shaolin, Sudo or many of the other great LW's. This guy he lost to seems to have some talent I think he subbed Sato a little while back. The LW's may have the msot talent of any weight class (though not necessarily the most exciting) a lot of fights need to happen yet before we can really measure the fighters here.