View Full Version : will Khan duck Murray

reptar
07-12-2008, 07:11 PM
what do peeps think of this
Murray is 23. Is undefeated in 26 fights, is the British champion and has had some exposure in the usa by fighting on the undercard to Floyd and oscar.
He has called out Khan who tonight after winning the Lonsdale belt.
Now khan's next fight is going to be in manchester against an unnamed opponent. The funny thing is that Murray is born and raised in Manchester.
This fight would be a mega fight on the domestic scene. 2 young undefeated talents fighting for the British and commonwealth titles. Because Murray is from Manchester and Khan is from about 10 minutes from Manchester they would easily sell out the Manchester Evening News arena with 18000 peeps.
If khan does'nt take this challenge then he will go right down in my estimations of him. This fight has to be made imo
The funny thing is, if both fighters put up a good performance and its a classic it could be the making of them both on the global scene

rmz
07-12-2008, 08:23 PM
John Murray is a decent fighter, but at this point I think Khan needs to step things up. Enough of fighting these domestic fighters, if he expects to move forward he needs to fight someone like Yuri Romonav.

hunter010
07-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Amir Khan wouldnt duck anybody. its frank warren making the fights

Ray*
07-13-2008, 09:40 AM
With Warren in his corner then kahn can duck murray, But Murray is nothing special and if they do get it on Khan would knock him out, Warren wouldnt want to make the fight though just like he Had Hatton ducking Witter like the plague.

fatmash
07-13-2008, 09:47 AM
there is no way this will happen frank will not allow it !! franks job basicly is to keep amire winin and to keep him sellin out the areans, calzaghe is the pefect example wasted the best years of his carear fightin nobodys and it was only when he was comin to the end and frank had almost fully milked the cash cow he ALLOWED him to take some risky fights , wot frank realy wants is to keep amire tickin over with some fights he knows he will win until a weak champion comes along then give amire his shot proplem is now though there are no weak links !!!!!!! murry is wayyyyy to risky

ophqui
07-13-2008, 10:38 AM
romanov would hurt khan. It wouldnt surprise me if murray beat him, way too risky for warrens little cash cow. murray was awesome on friday

Ray*
07-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I hope Murray phone Witter up for advise on how Warren fighters duck real domestic challenges.

Phill "chalks"
07-13-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't think it will happen.....
Warren is too "canny" to take any risks with Amir.It would make a good fight though!
I went to the show on Friday and watched all of the fights and Meager V Murray was a war:grr:

d-1-n-only
07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
probably. Frank warren will duck everyone, till he manages to get his hands on the WBO

the_godslayer
07-14-2008, 03:48 AM
With Warren in his corner then kahn can duck murray, But Murray is nothing special and if they do get it on Khan would knock him out, Warren wouldnt want to make the fight though just like he Had Hatton ducking Witter like the plague.

I seriously doubt that Khan would KO Murray, IMO Murray is the hottest young fighter at the weight today (UK) and would have far too much heart for Khan at the moment, he was superb on Friday and I for one would love to see Khan face Murray on Sept 6th.

probably. Frank warren will duck everyone, till he manages to get his hands on the WBO

LOL at just how true your post is .... Warren LOVES the WBO and WBU belts, he will milk his cash cow for all he is worth.

Rafael Benitez
07-14-2008, 04:03 AM
I seriously doubt that Khan would KO Murray, IMO Murray is the hottest young fighter at the weight today (UK) and would have far too much heart for Khan at the moment, he was superb on Friday and I for one would love to see Khan face Murray on Sept 6th.

LOL at just how true your post is .... Warren LOVES the WBO and WBU belts, he will milk his cash cow for all he is worth.

Till he is 36 and he will then probably go to states to rob on points a former great aged 43 and claim he is best Brit ever! Or maybe he won't even get that far!

Anyway, Murray is not as good as you say he is but will still probably KO Khan. Khan is a bum. End of.

majestiC
07-14-2008, 05:24 AM
I love Murray when he is at his best, he reminds me of how a young Hatton used to fight. He is a fantastic inside fighter when hes on top form, top timing getting inside and out. I still don't believe Khan can fight on the back foot, style wise Murray could be a nightmare for Khan.

Rafael Benitez
07-14-2008, 05:48 AM
I love Murray when he is at his best, he reminds me of how a young Hatton used to fight.
And that is what is wrong with this country.

majestiC
07-14-2008, 05:56 AM
And that is what is wrong with this country.

What Hatton used to be a exciting fighter (pre-Tszyu) before he picked up bad habits. What is wrong with UK is Liverpool and their scummy team.

the_godslayer
07-14-2008, 06:18 AM
I love Murray when he is at his best, he reminds me of how a young Hatton used to fight. He is a fantastic inside fighter when hes on top form, top timing getting inside and out. I still don't believe Khan can fight on the back foot, style wise Murray could be a nightmare for Khan.

I said somewhere else that Murray hadnt looked good recently because of the standard of the opposition, Meager was a step up and Murray was more than convincing.
I would bet on Murray against Khan at this stage of their careers, for the reasons set out by Majestic.

Ray*
07-14-2008, 06:44 AM
I said somewhere else that Murray hadnt looked good recently because of the standard of the opposition, Meager was a step up and Murray was more than convincing.
I would bet on Murray against Khan at this stage of their careers, for the reasons set out by Majestic.

Murray is good little fighter but Khan takes him for me, Meager was there for the takings and if Khan fight someone like Meager he would knock him out within 3 rounds.

I hope they make the Khan/Murray fight because i like to see young guys fight each other before they go off to bigger and better things, I love the way Haye/Maccarinelli fought each other before they went their different path so i hope this fight is made.

heihaci
07-14-2008, 06:47 AM
I need to see how Murray performs against John Fewkes before jumping on the "Murray would beat Khan" bandwagon!!

the_godslayer
07-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Murray is good little fighter but Khan takes him for me, Meager was there for the takings and if Khan fight someone like Meager he would knock him out within 3 rounds.

I hope they make the Khan/Murray fight because i like to see young guys fight each other before they go off to bigger and better things, I love the way Haye/Maccarinelli fought each other before they went their different path so i hope this fight is made.

IMO all Khan has over Murray is the handspeed, oh and the backing of Frank Warren!!!
I still feel that Khan is not comfortable being put under pressure and on the back foot, he is also nothing like as good an infighter as Murray proved to be against Meager, and this could be Khans downfall, he will be put under constant pressure and in with a guy who can bang and fight on the inside.
I really hope this will happen as its potentially one of the fights of the year and certainly one of Khans sternest tests.

Blue Öyster
07-14-2008, 12:52 PM
i think to many people blame frank warren. If khan wanted real fights he would get them! but he is clearly happy to fight old men and semi pro/retired featherweights for massive amounts of cash!

also i dont think to highly of murrey, but at least he's braver than khan!
khan talks far to much rubbish without backing it up!

d-1-n-only
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
khan will never be in these sort of fights "coz frank warren wont let him" blah blah blah.. hes still young and all this ****....

You know for a fact hes gonna end up fighting a bum or a journeyman....

hows he gonna beat nate campbell if he cant beat john murray

khans a joke now, ive given up supporting him

T-97
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
khan will never be in these sort of fights "coz frank warren wont let him" blah blah blah.. hes still young and all this ****....

Wow. I'm gunna take you off ignore now you seem to have realised the truth..

Gojira
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
whoever this murray bloke is i think khan will face him. if he wants a title shot by the end of the year hell do anything to get it. but f amir does face nate campbell hell get knocked out.

Rafael Benitez
07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
What Hatton used to be a exciting fighter (pre-Tszyu) before he picked up bad habits. What is wrong with UK is Liverpool and their scummy team.

No it is the gay stiff upper lips of gay cambridge and Newgay, err I meant Newquay. Slip of the tongue! Oi, don't get any ideas you sick ****!

Exciting my arse, he was fighting bums not in his class. He was no Prince Naseem lets put it that way.

Scousers rule the world, and Mancs are all fat bastards. That is why he was so **** and couldn't even win a round V Mayweather. That was the only fight of his in which I was entertained. The problem with Britain is all that greasy pork and dirty beer being drunk by smelly stigeez in their dog piss scented pubs.

majestiC
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
No it is the gay stiff upper lips of gay cambridge and Newgay, err I meant Newquay. Slip of the tongue! Oi, don't get any ideas you sick ****!

Exciting my arse, he was fighting bums not in his class. He was no Prince Naseem lets put it that way.

Scousers rule the world, and Mancs are all fat bastards. That is why he was so **** and couldn't even win a round V Mayweather. That was the only fight of his in which I was entertained. The problem with Britain is all that greasy pork and dirty beer being drunk by smelly stigeez in their dog piss scented pubs.

Where abouts u from "adopted scouser"? :boxing:

reptar
07-15-2008, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=Rafael Benitez;3769607]No it is the gay stiff upper lips of gay cambridge and Newgay, err I meant Newquay. Slip of the tongue! Oi, don't get any ideas you sick ****!

Scousers rule the world, and Mancs are all fat bastards. That is why he was so **** and couldn't even win a round V Mayweather. That was the only fight of his in which I was entertained. The problem with Britain is all that greasy pork and dirty beer being drunk by smelly stigeez in their dog piss scented pubs.[/

where u from? southport?

Rafael Benitez
07-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Naz was a bigger draw that Hatton at a younger age. His record will NEVER be broken, especially not by Khan the bum! Hatton fought bums too and washed up dudes. The difference is on Naz's big night he didn't get knocked the **** out and at least won a few rounds. Fatty won NONE an the gay Manc ***** got knocked the **** out. He licked canvas like a bum. I would say Kelly was a harder fight than any that Fatty won. Tszyu was 36 coming back off a 2 year lay off. Kelly was nowhere that much past his prime no matter what you say. Kelly was dangerous too, and Naz didn't give him low blows, rabbit punches and didn't hold and hit. Plus he did it over there! Not here where Parris and Vann help you out!

The Wire
07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes of course Khan will duck Murray, are you kidding me? Murray has talent and can punch, that's a big no no for Khan.

Fernando Torres
07-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Where abouts u from "adopted scouser"? :boxing:
Rafa is spanish, of course.

Fernando Torres
07-31-2008, 12:26 AM

LOL, you were actually dumb enough to support him in first place!

The Wire
07-31-2008, 07:06 AM
LOL, you were actually dumb enough to support him in first place!
It's funny how the tide is turning against Khan. We're beginning to realise that he may be the next Audley lol

d-1-n-only
07-31-2008, 09:44 AM
dhwidhwihfwi

khans **** scared

The Wire
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
dhwidhwihfwi

khans **** scared
Yes he is, yes he is

duffgun
08-01-2008, 04:52 AM
What TV channel is Khan's next fight on?

good_looking01
08-01-2008, 06:18 AM
I don't think Khan is scared but there is no way that Warren will risk him. Khan has massive confidence in his abilities but i think Muarry is stylistically a nightmare for Khan.

Muarry is a pressure fighter who hits hard with both hands. He has a good chin, strong heart and is always very well conditioned.

Khan has quicker hands and better movement but lacksstamina and has a china chin. Only thing is I think Khan is psyically much bigger.

Landi
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Can't really say much about Khan...never gotten the opportunity to see him fight...but my view from what Ive read from different sources, its just a matter of good exposure & a quality opponent & he will be done with.

kamicazze
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
khan will duck murray until the public deman it or murrays on warrens books so that warren wont lose nothing

Fernando Torres
08-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Can't really say much about Khan...never gotten the opportunity to see him fight...but my view from what Ive read from different sources, its just a matter of good exposure & a quality opponent & he will be done with.
Plenty of evidence of him getting clocked on youtube mate. Just bang in his name followed by fight.
It's funny how the tide is turning against Khan. We're beginning to realise that he may be the next Audley lol
I never was on his side in first place! I knew he had a lucky run in Olympics and from his style you could tell he would never really adapt to pro's. He got clocked in ABA's that same year before he turned pro! I was there and it was funny as ****. After a 13 second 8 count and narrow victory, he pulled out of the tournament next stage as he had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

The Wire
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Plenty of evidence of him getting clocked on youtube mate. Just bang in his name followed by fight.

I never was on his side in first place! I knew he had a lucky run in Olympics and from his style you could tell he would never really adapt to pro's. He got clocked in ABA's that same year before he turned pro! I was there and it was funny as ****. After a 13 second 8 count and narrow victory, he pulled out of the tournament next stage as he had nothing to gain and everything to lose.
He hardly had a lucky run in the Olympics - he was a great amateur boxer. There was no one at this year's games that stood out like he did in 04.

hammer house
08-29-2008, 12:12 PM
khan would destroy the one dimensional Murray who gets hit far too easy.

sparked_85
08-30-2008, 08:36 PM
pretty sure Amir Khan would smash Murray to pieces.

But Khan should be fighting him not the columbian love child of Two Jags.