View Full Version : Recommend Me A Heavybag.

JF91
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm just looking for a punch-bag that presses all the right buttons and want some recommendations through past experiences from you guys of what I should get.

I'm from england so take that into account and also I'm looking for something heavy and durable.

KostyaTszyu44
07-12-2008, 07:43 PM
well im in australia so im not sure what they stock in england but i find that everlast, kostya tszyu and jim bradley are decent brands over here. i know they would def. have everlast so try them out. get a reasonably heavy one, but not huge.

remorseless08
07-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Either get a 3 foor or 4 foot bag depending on your ceiling height or what ever your gonna hang it off. Get a bag that weighs 22kg to about 30 kg will be good. Anything lighter will swing around to much. I had a 3 foot everlast bag and it was only 11 kg, it was good at the start but as my punching power increased i found the bad would swing around to much. I have a 3 foot bag now that weighs 22kg and its fine. Depending how hard yu hit or how big you are depends on the bag i think. 30 kg may be to heavy and might be like hitting a brick wall. yeah so i hope this helps..

remorseless08
07-13-2008, 01:44 AM
oh yeah and when you get a bag dont get one that is real soft. i like the bags that are a little harder. just make sure you wrap your hands and get some good gloves and you wont damage your hands.

Actus Reus 21
07-13-2008, 01:55 AM
if you want a bag that will be fun and wont move around much, id say get a water bag. or a everlast water bag! there ****ing great and if you have people over or hurt your hand or dont want to hurt your hand then it will be a fun bag because anyone can hit it due to it being softer but not that soft!

J_CON
07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=26115