View Full Version : Speed Bag with Gloves?

YungstudSCR
07-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Just a quick question, my friends told me to hit the speedbag without gloves for better results, but i think that wearing 16 oz gloves while hitting the speedbag will benefit my speed even more, for obvious reasons. What do ya'll think? Are my friends right? Or does it even matter gloves or no gloves? :dunno:

mspiegelo
07-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Just a quick question, my friends told me to hit the speedbag without gloves for better results, but i think that wearing 16 oz gloves while hitting the speedbag will benefit my speed even more, for obvious reasons. What do ya'll think? Are my friends right? Or does it even matter gloves or no gloves? :dunno:

ive never seen anyone use gloves on a speed bag. wraps or no wraps, but not gloves. try it if you want, but its going to be awkward- especially with 16 oz gloves...

KostyaTszyu44
07-12-2008, 08:48 PM
wtf ....no just wear wraps, unless your mates a boxer why would you take his advice

DutchDynamite
07-14-2008, 01:52 AM
weird, i don't think there is room for 2 gloves to hit properly, considering the speed ball is so small and the distance between the wooden platform and the ball is just to short.

/i am going to the gym so i will try it in an hour

Golden-Gloves
07-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I've never seen it attempted, sounds a bit silly imo.

SugarShanep4p
07-15-2008, 11:16 PM

what in gods name are you smoking? I don't think anyone on planet motherf****** earth who has ever succeeded at the sport of boxing has hit a speedbag wearing gloves. Now there are SPEEDBAG gloves which are sold, but they aren't weighted or anything their like leather mittins that cover your hands so you dont get cut, and im pretty sure the last person to actully use them in training was ali himself lol. Either if you don't wanna make an ass out of yourself don't start hitting a speedbag wearing boxing gloves, the person who told you that is a fool.

DutchDynamite
07-15-2008, 11:34 PM
weird, i don't think there is room for 2 gloves to hit properly, considering the speed ball is so small and the distance between the wooden platform and the ball is just to short.

/i am going to the gym so i will try it in an hour

So i tried it yesterday, it is possible but looks and feels stupid + people looked at me in a very strange way...

SugarShanep4p
07-15-2008, 11:48 PM
see, told ya (;

d_lyrik803
07-16-2008, 12:03 AM
if you want to make it more difficult, wear wrist weights... don't wear gloves lol

dfwtx
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
wtf ....no just wear wraps, unless your mates a boxer why would you take his advice

re-read his post, his friend told him not to use gloves but he wanted to..

to the thread starter, stick with the wraps.

Rafael Benitez
07-16-2008, 05:58 AM
16oz gloves? WTF. Give your mate a ****ing slap. Wear hand wraps only. I never saw anyone do them with sparring gloves ever. i have seen very thin and very worn out bag gloves being used though.

sweet*science
07-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I've never seen gloves of any sort. Usually hand wraps or bare knuckle.

dfwtx
07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
re-read his post, his friend told him not to use gloves but he wanted to..

to the thread starter, stick with the wraps.

16oz gloves? WTF. Give your mate a ****ing slap. Wear hand wraps only. I never saw anyone do them with sparring gloves ever. i have seen very thin and very worn out bag gloves being used though.

and the cycle continues

iceman55
07-18-2008, 11:33 AM
I realize all of you think its shennanigans but I do hit the speed bag with and without gloves but in completely different ways.