View Full Version : Is it possibe.....(conspiracy theory inside)

Zen
08-12-2003, 04:21 PM
that my favorite fighter in the world, Mr. Axe Murderer himself, Wandereli Silva will take a dive to Yoshida in the GP semifinals. Now hear me out on this one. It seems that he has a great relationship with Pride, and if he doesn't win the GP he will probably still retain his middleweight championship belt, and this will set up a big fight with whoever wins the GP. Do you think for the right amount of money, say $1 million US, he'd consider it? Something about Yoshida just stinks like ****, I'm not gonna say all his fights were works or whatever, but they just don't sit right with me. I can't see him lasting 2 minutes with Silva, his standup is ****, if he gets in the ring with him I'll consider him to be a very, very courageous man. I guess only time will tell, and I doubt, and really really hope that Silva wouldn't do this, but it is food for thought.

The Golden Bear
08-12-2003, 05:41 PM
i dont think silva would.

The only reason he would do that is if he had a BIG favor due to DSE - and i dont think he does.

Bluecifer
08-12-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree with you about Yoshida smelling like ****, but i think it would be more likely that pride screws wandy out of a win.

Mr. Beelzebub
08-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Another theory is that Yoshida might fake an injury and be replaced.
I don't think Wanderlei is gonna take a dive. Not happening

Bluecifer
08-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
Another theory is that Yoshida might fake an injury and be replaced.
I don't think Wanderlei is gonna take a dive. Not happening

True. Re-enter Ricardo Arona.

lightweight
08-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Blue Dawg
I agree with you about Yoshida smelling like ****, but i think it would be more likely that pride screws wandy out of a win.

That's what I'm thinking too, remember Royce.....

realkaps
08-12-2003, 10:04 PM
If you ask me Yoshi over sold that knee injury, I bet he will drop out of the tourny and remain "Undeafeted"......

DragonZero
08-13-2003, 09:08 AM
i'd never watch pride again if that happen

ronnie dobbs
08-13-2003, 10:39 AM
i think yoshida should drop out the grand prix and be replaced by bob sapp or helio gracie.

rtbrouwer
08-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Silva is one of few fighters who fights for pride (not the org. but the word). He won't take a dive for 10 million I guess.

computer fogie
08-15-2003, 11:57 PM
The words "Silva" and "dive" don't belong in the same sentence.

KimuraMan
08-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Silva wont throw the fight and Yoshida will be there. I dont think he oversold the leg injury. During the match he more then likely didnt want to show he was in any kind of pain from the leg kicks. None of us could really know how bad his leg felt. Bas even commented on how hard those kicks were, and also stated that he was kicking the same spot almost everytime. He will face silva at the next round, and win or lose you guys should have a little respect for a guy who's trying to make the switch from pure judo into mma and is having some sucess.