View Full Version : if frank shamrock ...

DragonZero
08-11-2003, 06:34 PM
if frank shamrock was fighting in the gp what you you guys say his chances of winning it are personlly i'd make him one of the favs to win it all even with the long layoff and the leg injury

Purity
08-12-2003, 01:58 PM
depending on how he addresses the layoff in regards to his training. frank's a smart guy so he would train like a madman. but he certainly wouldn't be a fav even though he'd have potential.

Bluecifer
08-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Frank wasn't interested in entering a tourney, Pride contacted him about it. Even though Frank is one of my all time favorite fighters I don't think he wants any part of Vanderlei right now.

Whoremaster B
08-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Framk needs to warm up with other fighters before fighting any heavy hitter.

Zen
08-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Frank Shamrock= Rickson Gracie

Fighting lower class opponents to conserve his legacy, but hurting it instead. I think both of these guys would get more love for losing to the best guys out there now, as opposed to beating on lesser opponents.

Bluecifer
08-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Zen420

Fighting lower class opponents to conserve his legacy, but hurting it instead. I think both of these guys would get more love for losing to the best guys out there now, as opposed to beating on lesser opponents.

Good post.

Tanner Rhoden
08-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Zen420

I've been saying more or less the same thing for a while now.

Kempo Chris
08-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Whoremaster B
Framk needs to warm up with other fighters before fighting any heavy hitter.

agreed

DragonZero
08-12-2003, 09:47 PM
i agree with you guys we shall see hopefully

payback
08-16-2003, 06:39 AM
I hope Frank fights in the Las Vegas Pride, he needs to get back in the ring.

realkaps
08-16-2003, 10:48 AM
He just fought in WEC 6 a few months back. He didnt look good at 200lbs, He would get murdered in the GP....

Rock Dog
08-16-2003, 11:39 PM
it's pretty obvious we all know his problem. The guy should be a MW champ somewhere. He declined the offer from Pride citing ring rust. Although I agree that would be an issue I stil feel he had enough time to get in one more good fight somewhere to prepare, maybe not, but who knows. I'd love to see him fight Busta and Sak. Sak might be permenantly shot, but that's what we said about Igor and Vitor too. I think Frank could beat a lot of LHW's but the top few would be too much. He might actually be capable of getting the better of Vanderlai. Vanderlai's suspect chin and Fank's solid boxing might meet up. Frank would always stand the chance of subbing or out striking Rampage to a decision. Tito's too much now, Randy's untouchable, but Chuck my # 2 guy at LHW is always a possible win for Shammy. Vitor would finish Frank. I think Igor and Busta would be the fights I'd most look forward to seeing in the near future and eventually a match w/ Sak.

Could Frank have won the GP, it's likely.

DragonZero
08-17-2003, 06:05 AM
very good post rock dog i agree with most of what you say i think he would need about 3 or 4 fights to get in good fighting shape then he could beat alot of these guys tito too because frank is still superior to tito on ground skills

realkaps
08-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Frank is no where near Tito now.......

Seraph_17
08-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Frank would have got killed in the GP, he needs a lot more fights before hes gonna be able to match up against guys like Vanderlei, Chuck etc again.

Whoremaster B
08-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Although one should never underestimate Franks' submission skills.

DragonZero
08-18-2003, 11:12 AM
you are very correct whoremaster b

kcfman
08-18-2003, 11:37 PM
Frank would be great in the current gp rules. If he still has the speed, stamina, power and techniques that he had when he retired, I would favor him to win.