View Full Version : Ricco was ROBB'D !!

DA_MAN
08-11-2003, 03:35 AM
Ricco earned that decision , NO DOUBT !! Rematch in the cage !!

DragonZero
08-11-2003, 05:57 AM
piss and moan piss and moan you should never leave it up too the judges he should have ko'd him then

GeNeRaL
08-11-2003, 10:02 AM
I agree he was robbed, dominated and controlled 95% of that fight. Everyone knew it, but like dragonzero said, if you wanna win in pride while reppin' UFC, you better sub or KO your opponent.

ronnie dobbs
08-11-2003, 11:35 AM
get real. ricco didn't do **** the whole fight and never got even one good punch in on the ground. all he did was lay on top of nog for 20 minutes. at least nog tried some subs. every time they were stood up all i could do was laugh at ricco's jiggly gut and when he pulled up his compression shorts he looked even funnier. everyone who was watching the fight with me was laughing our asses off. maybe if ricco had landed just one shot on the ground i could see him getting robbed.

purerockfury
08-11-2003, 11:43 AM
ricco did nothing
in pride it goes to who tried to finish the fight ricco did not try to finish the fight nog went for subs so shut the hell up

Piedra
08-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Bas and Mark are both mma experts both of them were giving the decision to Ricco, it was bs also the face of nog after the decision was given tells everything.

purerockfury
08-11-2003, 12:18 PM
in pride it is who tries to finish the fight ricco did noting to finish all he did was lay and pray

Piedra
08-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Ricco got all the takedowns, and controlled the whole fight and besides nogueira s sub attempts doenst mean he was more procutive; In order to earn a decision.

At least this should be a draw.

The Ensanity
08-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Sudo won...**** yall

Seraph_17
08-11-2003, 01:14 PM
It was a close fight but at the end of the day ya can't win fights but just avoiding submissions and some light GnP, Nog was on the offensive and that racks up points, plus he has the the 'hometown' advantage. If Ricco was realy that much a better fighter then Nog then he would have finished it.

Fallout
08-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by purerockfury
in pride it is who tries to finish the fight ricco did noting to finish all he did was lay and pray

If thats true, why is Arona in PRIDE?

Please stop speaking out of your ass and exit to your right. Ricco won that fight, and it was taken away from him just because he is a UFC fighter

Piedra
08-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Judges Decision
The three judges shall judge the winner of the fight based on the following criteria:

1.Effort to finish the fight by KO or submission
2.Damaging your opponent
3.Standing combinations and ground control
4.Take down and defense
5.Aggressiveness
6.Weight differences of 10 (ten) kg or more

The above criteria are in descending priority. The criteria will be a determining factor to declare the winner of the fight. The fight will be scored in its entirety not round-by-round. After the third round, each judge must decide the winner of the fight (must system/no draw system).

"With pride rules the winner is Ricco, with pride judges the winner is Minotauro."

Fallout
08-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Ricco did more damage, he landed the better shots standing (WTF? Even I was surprised by that), He own3d Nog on the ground, He defended any and all subs that were thrown at him (including one of slickest escapes from a hammer lock I have ever seen)

Ricco won that fight, plain and simple

purerockfury
08-11-2003, 01:38 PM
im not talking out my ass ricco was going in to nogs game nog wanted to be on his back if ricco had any sense he would have tried to keep it standing but his ass was getting gased and was doing nothing on the ground and i think the weight between them had something to do it with ricco looked like bad out there

Mr. Beelzebub
08-11-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't like Ricco, but I have to admit that he won that match.

The Golden Bear
08-11-2003, 05:35 PM
worst robbery ever.

DragonZero
08-11-2003, 05:37 PM
well i just watched it again and i'm kinda starting to agree that ricco really didn't land alot of solid blows but he was the busier fighter but he was busy most of the time getting out of subs

realkaps
08-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Ricco got robbed, if you dont see that, there is somthing wrong with your eyes......

ronnie dobbs
08-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Piedra
Bas and Mark are both mma experts both of them were giving the decision to Ricco, it was bs also the face of nog after the decision was given tells everything.

i don't take what those two say as fact cus bas trains with ricco and coleman got his beet red ass choked out by nog so they are both bias ffor ricco . if ricco wouild have landed one punch i would say yeah he got robbed but he didn't do anything.

Piedra
08-12-2003, 01:27 PM
And what did Nog do? attempting submissions is like punching attempt. As Creed said Ricco won plain and simple.

Fallout
08-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ronnie dobbs
i don't take what those two say as fact cus bas trains with ricco and coleman got his beet red ass choked out by nog so they are both bias ffor ricco . if ricco wouild have landed one punch i would say yeah he got robbed but he didn't do anything.

Did you see Nogs face? Ricco landed some GOOD shots. He also landed the best shot standing up of the fight. A solid knee to the face.

Face it, Ricco won. 90% of the fans think so and the other 10% are ethier Ricco haters, UFC haters or Nog lovers.

Anyone that said Ricco lost that fight, I invite you to watch it with me and explain (as the fight is going on) how you think Nog is winning. I think it would be very interesting

KimuraMan
08-13-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm not into either of them, I'd say Ricco was more aggresive on his feet, but most of this fight took place on the ground, right where Nog wanted to be on his back. On the ground Nog was the aggressor attempting countless submissions, I dont think Ricco even attempted one. Thats my opinion I dont care who agrees with me and who doesnt.

ronnie dobbs
08-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Creed
Did you see Nogs face? Ricco landed some GOOD shots. He also landed the best shot standing up of the fight. A solid knee to the face.

nog's face looked like that beofre the fight.

realkaps
08-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by KimuraMan
I'm not into either of them, I'd say Ricco was more aggresive on his feet, but most of this fight took place on the ground, right where Nog wanted to be on his back. On the ground Nog was the aggressor attempting countless submissions, I dont think Ricco even attempted one. Thats my opinion I dont care who agrees with me and who doesnt.

Countless? I counted 4.....

KimuraMan
08-14-2003, 11:04 AM
It had to have been more then four times, he attempted the triangle alot during that match but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt until i watch it again. Another thing though, I dont think Nog really minded being taken down by Ricco, I mean Nog when it comes to the ground aspect is usually working from the bottom of his guard, ontop he usually goes for side control. If Ricco attempted to end the fight ontop with some submissions then I'd be split on who won the fight. Ricco has the skill to submit Nog, but he didnt even attempt to do so. I really couldnt see Nog losing by ground and pound tko, I think Ricco's strategy was a little off that fight. He owned the fight standing, but on the ground he fell into nogs game plan.

realkaps
08-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Was Nogs gameplan to lay on his back and get punched? I like Nog alot more than I like Ricco, but I didnt see Nog doing much at all, he even looked suprised when they called his name, and a ****ing unamous(sp) decison too? A draw would have been the most Nog worked for......

KimuraMan
08-14-2003, 11:17 AM
I thought the unanimous decision was way off myself, I just saw Nog trying to end the fight, with Ricco laying ontop of him landing some punches from the guard. A draw would have been the best outcome.

realkaps
08-14-2003, 11:27 AM
I could've understood a draw a little better, this is the **** that pisses me off about Pride......

KimuraMan
08-14-2003, 06:56 PM
yeah Agreed, a draw would have been the best choice.

momita
08-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Probably just as much controversy had it been declared a draw,

remember Penn/Uno? shoulda KO'd him :)