View Full Version : Taking advice from unqualified twats like shawn

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Please people don't do it! I have a qualification in sports science from Halton College and Liverpool FC as well as EABA coach qualification. Apart from the fact that his videos are ****e, people like shawn should not be consulted for advice. That is the one problem with these forums: pseudo experts. Although I would not say my advice is the gospel, people need to realise that different things do work for different people but you also do get baseless bull**** advice.

In boxing there are always more than one way to do things. However, experience usually counts for something and usually is the way to go. The proof is in the pudding. So when people post on here, it is a good idea to get the lowdown on who they are or what their source of info is before following it. It doesn't affect my career at end of day, but it is not nice to see gulluble noobs following tits who have saggy undefined arms and post videos with no speed, power, techinique. Like I said before, the proof is in the pudding. If they look like a tit in the gym, then they probably are talking ****e. If they can't box in first place then what would they know about it/

The main issue in general is about information and it's source. I think more people need to reference or explain in detail where their theory comes from, etc. Even if it is not scientific knowledge then maybe something on how it has been applied practically. Discuss.

!! Shawn
07-08-2008, 02:54 AM
This message is hidden because Rafael Benitez is on your ignore list.
LOL! I was so right, this is ticking him off so bad he is making threads about me!

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 02:56 AM
LOL! I was so right, this is ticking him off so bad he is making threads about me!
It isn't about you, it is general and you are just an example. I thought you were suppose ot be 'ignoring' me. Not even your fake advice or crap videos can tick me off, I just laugh. It is an issue to be discussed thouigh. Go crawl back under your rock son. You have not got a single vote yet.

Dan...
07-08-2008, 02:57 AM
This thread is pathetic. Benitez is now also on my ignore list.

!! Shawn
07-08-2008, 02:58 AM
I really hope he is not replying to me. Honestly, if he is, there is something wrong with him.

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 02:58 AM
This thread is pathetic. Benitez is now also on my ignore list.

What if he wins the Champions League again? You'll see it on TV.

mr tricky
07-08-2008, 07:23 AM
rafa benites why dont you f*** off ,

you came to this forum pretending to be rafa benitez, your not funny, and your advice isnt good at all,

your always negative and offer crap advice, saying ''this is the wost video ive ever seen' is not good advice,

so what if you have qualifications, your a stupid F***, otherwise you wouldnt be making girly monaing threads like this,

grow up ou joke , stop going against everything people say, you dont know nothing, you just pretend you do,

why dont you post a bag video or sparring video of your self huh? what ? excuses? you dont box? you scared? dont talk **** unless you can prove yourself,

btw i still think shauuns a dick head, but you dont want to overtake him do you?

Trrmo
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
So when people post on here, it is a good idea to get the lowdown on who they are or what their source of info is before following it.

I pretty much agree with what your saying Rafael but if people dont put a little info about themselves in their profile or signature how are people supposed to have any idea if the poster knows what they are talking about? My photo, age, weight and experience (which is nothing to brag about) is here for anyone to see.

Its good to see your sports training qualifications but maybe by posting boxing record/experience/age etc in your profile would go along way (and that goes for everyone posting here)
cheers

Fidayin
07-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I really hope he is not replying to me. Honestly, if he is, there is something wrong with him.

lol u really funny, I still don't like you but damn ur owning Rafael.

And btw Rafael shut the **** up nobody likes you in these forum.

sukhenkoy
07-08-2008, 10:58 AM
lol u really funny, I still don't like you but damn ur owning Rafael.

And btw Rafael shut the **** up nobody likes you in these forum.

If Rafa actually proved to us that he did his "1000 pushups, 1000 situps, squats, etc." a day, I'd be fine with him giving advice to others to do the same. It might not be the best advice, and I might not follow it, but ok, so be it. However, simply saying others should do so because all professional boxers do it seems like he's just trying to be a tough guy.

His comments about leading Liverpool to the CL final though are uncalled for, and are annoying as ****.

Luke.l.08
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
This thread is stupid, i mean c'mon how old are you? and what do you have against shawn?

Rafa what are you doing, this has nothing to do with training and nutrition! Posting things like this are stupid...your seriously making yourself look like an idiot and to be honest, most people probably think you are now!!!i dont think you got the recation your immature, attention seeking self wanted!!

Luke.l.08
07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
By the way, stop acting like an......:*******:

If i was you i would:bryce:

Landon S
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Thats great youve got these credentials but you cant possibly know everything we should all do and why. People are posting suggestion nothing more. I agree somewhat that some of the advice sucks but anybody with half a brain can usually tell if its right for them. Like me for example, I go on and on about conditioning but the thread starter may already be in amazing fighting condition so they know they dont need any more.

At least we have alot of people here that practice what they preach and not a bunch of fatasses eating cheezies pecking away at a keyboard like some forums.

P4PKING_2008
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
How can th threadstarter even make a thread like this? When he makes a thread saying to do 1000 press ups daily and run 5 miles to start with. He has never boxed in his life.

Shawn >>>>>>> Benitez.

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry people I am self centred and didn't bother reading any of the posts but the last. Most of it looked like it was about gay shawn and not the main issue. Trust me son I have boxed, and if you want any bouts at 175 or even above in September PM me and I will be more than happy to pass on your details to my trainer. You'll feel the difference of the 1000 press ups (people really think that i alot? lol) if you're anywhere in the north of England. Anyway like I said before, the only record that matters to me is what I will be doing on boxrec.com next summer and not posting gay video's on net. Even if I knew how to, I have better things to do.

Nobody has to follow the leader (me), and all I am saying is that advice in general on here should have a bit more explanation or reference to it. Shawn was just an example of a tit who talks alot of ****e but can't do it. He was not the main issue. The key issue is people should back up their facts with an example of it being used by pro's or in sports sciense. Otherwise it is just anecdotal ie. bollocks.

Personally I think it is wrong that gullible noobs will fall for the bull**** that gets spewed on here sometimes. I only mention shawn because he is the best example. Nothing personal as he is not signifcant enough to me. It's just a shame that people heed his advice and inexperienced people may not be ablt to tell from his video's that he is full of **** and fights like a gaming geek.

sukhenkoy
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Sorry people I am self centred and didn't bother reading any of the posts but the last. Most of it looked like it was about gay shawn and not the main issue. Trust me son I have boxed, and if you want any bouts at 175 or even above in September PM me and I will be more than happy to pass on your details to my trainer. You'll feel the difference of the 1000 press ups (people really think that i alot? lol) if you're anywhere in the north of England. Anyway like I said before, the only record that matters to me is what I will be doing on boxrec.com next summer and not posting gay video's on net. Even if I knew how to, I have better things to do.

Nobody has to follow the leader (me), and all I am saying is that advice in general on here should have a bit more explanation or reference to it. Shawn was just an example of a tit who talks alot of ****e but can't do it. He was not the main issue. The key issue is people should back up their facts with an example of it being used by pro's or in sports sciense. Otherwise it is just anecdotal ie. bollocks.

Personally I think it is wrong that gullible noobs will fall for the bull**** that gets spewed on here sometimes. I only mention shawn because he is the best example. Nothing personal as he is not signifcant enough to me. It's just a shame that people heed his advice and inexperienced people may not be ablt to tell from his video's that he is full of **** and fights like a gaming geek.
Rafa,
if you do do the 1000 pressups like you say you do, how do you find time to do all of your other exercises? I don't know your situation, and I can't make a solid judgment as to whether that much is good for you or not, but, like many others have said in the past, there might be better ways to spend your time. How do you manage to get all of your boxing related stuff done, and still have time and energy for 1000 pressups?

When you post things like what is in bold, you're just pissing people off. I'm not trying to piss you off, but if you think you're the hottest **** for doing 1000 pushups and 1000 situps a day, you're not. I'm sure you know that there will always be a fighter that focuses more on boxing than you, and he will teach you a lesson in the ring. If you want to do that many, there's nothing wrong with it, but don't try to force it on others and criticise others if they're not doing the same as you.

!! Shawn
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Rafa,
if you do do the 1000 pressups like you say you do, how do you find time to do all of your other exercises? I don't know your situation, and I can't make a solid judgment as to whether that much is good for you or not, but, like many others have said in the past, there might be better ways to spend your time. How do you manage to get all of your boxing related stuff done, and still have time and energy for 1000 pressups?

When you post things like what is in bold, you're just pissing people off. I'm not trying to piss you off, but if you think you're the hottest **** for doing 1000 pushups and 1000 situps a day, you're not. I'm sure you know that there will always be a fighter that focuses more on boxing than you, and he will teach you a lesson in the ring. If you want to do that many, there's nothing wrong with it, but don't try to force it on others and criticise others if they're not doing the same as you.

It is blatantly obvious that he is a fat nerd that has never so much as hit a heavy bag, much less go to a gym. Tis why he is on ignore!

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
sukhenkoy, I'll ingnore the inner child taking it all personal and answer your boxing question; Do it after your boxing training which should take about an hour. The next hour is all fitness and finish with skipping for 20 minutes. You need to spend 2 hours per evening if you are serious. Mix it up a bit and do different things on different days if you want, but for me the press ups and skipping are two staples I never change. Other people may find it different but knuckle push ups are very sport specific. I developed my routine after studying in depth a module on sport specific conditioning. Yours might be different, and some of my mates have the double end bag as their staple. I think if you want a decent punch output you got to do 100's of press ups everyday standard. Every fighter I have seen who does this has good conditioning. Just telling you what I have seen from some pro's including a former world title challenger that fought on ITV, and a stable which included a few commonwealth and brit champions.

If you want to follow up on sport specific training check out the books at a university library sport science section. You will find some good **** there.

****ing hell, shawn is still alive after last night. Still thinks he is important even after posting them vids! LMAO.

supRa
07-09-2008, 05:26 AM
aaaahhhh am just to lazy to read all of this!!

sukhenkoy
07-09-2008, 07:06 AM
sukhenkoy, I'll ingnore the inner child taking it all personal and answer your boxing question; Do it after your boxing training which should take about an hour. The next hour is all fitness and finish with skipping for 20 minutes. You need to spend 2 hours per evening if you are serious. Mix it up a bit and do different things on different days if you want, but for me the press ups and skipping are two staples I never change. Other people may find it different but knuckle push ups are very sport specific. I developed my routine after studying in depth a module on sport specific conditioning. Yours might be different, and some of my mates have the double end bag as their staple. I think if you want a decent punch output you got to do 100's of press ups everyday standard. Every fighter I have seen who does this has good conditioning. Just telling you what I have seen from some pro's including a former world title challenger that fought on ITV, and a stable which included a few commonwealth and brit champions.

If you want to follow up on sport specific training check out the books at a university library sport science section. You will find some good **** there.

****ing hell, shawn is still alive after last night. Still thinks he is important even after posting them vids! LMAO.

I do about 400-500 pushups a day, but I do them in sets of 125. Between each set of pushups I do different ab exercises, and, altogether, all the sets take me about 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes. I guess I just haven't done enough to be able to crank out 1000 in an hour yet.

Rafael Benitez
07-10-2008, 01:18 AM
I do about 400-500 pushups a day, but I do them in sets of 125. Between each set of pushups I do different ab exercises, and, altogether, all the sets take me about 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes. I guess I just haven't done enough to be able to crank out 1000 in an hour yet.

You are taking a bit too long on the sets. It shouldn't take that long to be honest, I think you need to slowly speed up. You are on the right track though, and you can build it up. Trust me it is easier than you think, but still hard for bums. You don't seem to be a bum like John terry doingthat much so keep plugging away at it. People who think it is out of reach are dumb. Alot has been acheived in the pro gyms which you may not be privy to. Even a journeyman in the stable did around 600 per day.

Joe Calslappy does 250 ONE ARM push ups in a three minute round. No prizes for guessing he does 4 round of that. Do the maths on the minutes. I do mine in around 20 minutes.

To be honest this thread was not about shawn people. He is a joke. All I am saying is don't be fooled by bums like him with flabby arms and no defined shoulders. it is obvious they do not put in the work required to even be a top amateur. I don't know what boxing means to you but for me it is a pursuit of excellence. That means I want to be as good as possible and will train like people who have been there. That means I will do what top am's and pro's do.

sukhenkoy
07-10-2008, 07:19 AM
You are taking a bit too long on the sets. It shouldn't take that long to be honest, I think you need to slowly speed up. You are on the right track though, and you can build it up. Trust me it is easier than you think, but still hard for bums. You don't seem to be a bum like John terry doingthat much so keep plugging away at it. People who think it is out of reach are dumb. Alot has been acheived in the pro gyms which you may not be privy to. Even a journeyman in the stable did around 600 per day.

Joe Calslappy does 250 ONE ARM push ups in a three minute round. No prizes for guessing he does 4 round of that. Do the maths on the minutes. I do mine in around 20 minutes.

To be honest this thread was not about shawn people. He is a joke. All I am saying is don't be fooled by bums like him with flabby arms and no defined shoulders. it is obvious they do not put in the work required to even be a top amateur. I don't know what boxing means to you but for me it is a pursuit of excellence. That means I want to be as good as possible and will train like people who have been there. That means I will do what top am's and pro's do.

Part of the reason I take long on the sets is also because I do ab exercises in between each set of pushups. So, for a set of 125 pushups, I divide that set into 5 sets of 25 pushups, and, in between each set of 25, I do at least a minute of ab exercises. I also do all of these pushups on either my knuckles or on pushup handles that lift you off the floor, to make things difficult.

Thanks for the advice. The John Terry comment was uncalled for though :damnit:

PunchDrunk
07-10-2008, 08:07 AM
To be fair, there's nothing wrong with Shawn's arms and shoulders. Frankie Gavin is less defined and he can hold his own, to put it mildly.

The Raging Bull
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Please people don't do it! I have a qualification in sports science from Halton College and Liverpool FC as well as EABA coach qualification. Apart from the fact that his videos are ****e, people like shawn should not be consulted for advice. That is the one problem with these forums: pseudo experts. Although I would not say my advice is the gospel, people need to realise that different things do work for different people but you also do get baseless bull**** advice.

In boxing there are always more than one way to do things. However, experience usually counts for something and usually is the way to go. The proof is in the pudding. So when people post on here, it is a good idea to get the lowdown on who they are or what their source of info is before following it. It doesn't affect my career at end of day, but it is not nice to see gulluble noobs following tits who have saggy undefined arms and post videos with no speed, power, techinique. Like I said before, the proof is in the pudding. If they look like a tit in the gym, then they probably are talking ****e. If they can't box in first place then what would they know about it/

The main issue in general is about information and it's source. I think more people need to reference or explain in detail where their theory comes from, etc. Even if it is not scientific knowledge then maybe something on how it has been applied practically. Discuss.

You're a Liverpool fan so you're obviously right :D

Rafael Benitez
07-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Part of the reason I take long on the sets is also because I do ab exercises in between each set of pushups. So, for a set of 125 pushups, I divide that set into 5 sets of 25 pushups, and, in between each set of 25, I do at least a minute of ab exercises. I also do all of these pushups on either my knuckles or on pushup handles that lift you off the floor, to make things difficult.

Thanks for the advice. The John Terry comment was uncalled for though :damnit:It was not! He ****ing ruined my summer the tit, why couldn't he just let Kalou go first!:damnit:

Anyway with your routine, that is another thing you are doing right. i do the same thing. One set on chest, then abs, then legs. If you carry on like that then it will be easier to do more and you will get fitter quicker. In my experience it makes it much more easier to build up by doing what you do rather than try doing 1000 off in one go! That would be crazy, and incredibly boring too!

To be fair, there's nothing wrong with Shawn's arms and shoulders. Frankie Gavin is less defined and he can hold his own, to put it mildly.He isn't. Well shawn is ill so I think we should cut him some slack. He has been beeding out of his arse where he talks from too. No surprises there. Could be the reason why his video's are so ****. I don't think he should train with an illness or talk **** either.

You're a Liverpool fan so you're obviously right :DYNWA! Love your sig!

PunchDrunk
07-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Just read your advice on weights. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Rafael Benitez
07-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Just read your advice on weights. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Not really. I explained I made a mistake and meant heavy weights which is what people like Fatton and others do. They end up stiff and just like bums. Light weights is a different matter entirely. I assumed people were talking about heavy weights and not conitioning which is similar to calisthenics.

Well I know what it must look like! My bad!

PunchDrunk
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Not really. I explained I made a mistake and meant heavy weights which is what people like Fatton and others do. They end up stiff and just like bums. Light weights is a different matter entirely. I assumed people were talking about heavy weights and not conitioning which is similar to calisthenics.

Well I know what it must look like! My bad!

I'm talking about the same **** you just said. Heavy weights are for strength and explosiveness. I've seen Hatton's weights regime, and his is more like a bodybuilders, which means more reps, which in turn means less weight.

You don't know what you're talking about on this subject.

Rafael Benitez
07-17-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm talking about the same **** you just said. Heavy weights are for strength and explosiveness. I've seen Hatton's weights regime, and his is more like a bodybuilders, which means more reps, which in turn means less weight.

You don't know what you're talking about on this subject. All my arrogant and insecure comments are in bold
I've seen him with my eyes doing the odd set of heavy reps too. STFU! In any case whatever he does I am glad you agree it is all about heavy reps and not heavy weights. The best way really is to move your own bodyweight through space and it will build more functional explosive strenght. In other wors do chin ups, dips and press ups. Even if you want to buil muscles you will have more fucntional strenght by doing them and adding weight via a dipping belt. The movements of calisthenics and wight assisted calisthenics gives you more explosive energy. (Reference:spartanhealth.com)

PunchDrunk
07-17-2008, 07:39 AM
I've seen him with my eyes doing the odd set of heavy reps too. STFU! In any case whatever he does I am glad you agree it is all about heavy reps and not heavy weights. The best way really is to move your own bodyweight through space and it will build more functional explosive strenght. In other wors do chin ups, dips and press ups. Even if you want to buil muscles you will have more fucntional strenght by doing them and adding weight via a dipping belt. The movements of calisthenics and wight assisted calisthenics gives you more explosive energy. (Reference:spartanhealth.com)

Haha, you're grapsing for straws here! Heavy reps? Never used that term, because, obviously, it is bull****. if you can do less reps, it is because the resistance is higher, which in turn means more weight within the same exercise. If you're gonna start talking "functionality" without even knowing the basics of everything else, you're opening a whole new can of worms. The most controversial one too, because carry over is next impossible to quantify, so there's no real evidence, just matter of opinion, to the point of religiousness. Who's to say dips are more "functional" than bench pressing? The bare fact that the resistance you push through in dips is your own bodyweight means nothing in terms of carry over to a punch. I would argue that the best carry over exercise for that would be a unilateral pressing movement in the same plan as the punch. A dip is neither unilateral nor in the same plane (hint; you'll need some very small opponents if you're gonna hit them with the movement you do in a dip).
This is all besides the point though, because functionality is vastly overrated, or at least misinterpreted by most people. Resistance training (whether it is BW or weights doesn't matter) should make you stronger, since there are better ways to train verything else.

kenny91
07-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Are you ****ing retarted? Now im 100% sure you dont know what the hell your talking about! Not ALL pros use weights and Im willing to bet to the point that if im wrong I will stop posting on this site and vanish forever! Lets make this a bet, whoever looses has to get the hell off this board for good? If you still wana be a fat ass and keep posting thousands of posts like you already do, I SUGGEST you turn down this bet because your goona loose!

what about this twat

shawn's official bumboy - constantly stickin up for him. also he moans about respected people's advice, calling it **** and they 'dunno what theyre talkin about' but has never really given advice himself

kenny91
07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
and also rafael benitez is a cunt

Rafael Benitez
07-18-2008, 11:04 PM
what about this twat

shawn's official bumboy - constantly stickin up for him. also he moans about respected people's advice, calling it **** and they 'dunno what theyre talkin about' but has never really given advice himselfIt is his alter ego. I wonder if that guy bleeds from his arse too. Sounds like a gay illness!

and also rafael benitez is a cuntDon't get all upset becuase your main man Barry wants to play for the best manager in the world! It is Martin O' Neill who is being a bitter greedy cunt! 13 million for Baz is more than generous considering he will warm the bench for Xabi.

Phill "chalks"
07-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I thought i was back on www.axkickboxing.com..... you get all this **** on there too! People always think they know best,It's what it's like in combat sports.
Most people don't know each other on forums and most post under false names and pics.Just make your own minds up on advice,We're all adults?

It's a forum to discuss topics....or is it like most forums a free for all?

Chill:boxing:

P4PKING_2008
07-19-2008, 01:23 PM
and also rafael benitez is a cunt

That we all agree on.

Golden-Gloves
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
All I have to say is, if your going out of your way to insult someone elses dedication (when they arent asking for advice or pointers), you better be damned ready to post your videos with your "dedication" instead of trying
to blow your inner self up to feel better by trying to lower someone elses
confidence.