Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should Rampage work on for the next time he fights Forrest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should Rampage work on for the next time he fights Forrest?

First - Rampage needs to condition his shins, so his left thigh/knee doesn't have to take the beating that it took last night. He also shouldn't back up while simultaneously blocking a high kick, this takes him out of range to counter Forrest's kicks to the head. Instead, he should lean back(not back up) and let Forrest's kicks pass by, then shoot in for a punch, a kick, or go for a takedown. Blocking shin kicks w/ the forearm continously, although it's not scoring, the force of the kick starts to take its toll, just ask Frank Shamrock against Cung Le.

a) He needs to work on stepping out of the way of a thigh kick much earlier in the fight, not when his thighs/knee have already taken a beating

Second - Rampage landed some good punch combos on Griffin, he had many opportunities to take him down after he landed his combos, but instead he backed up and gave up the range he needed to throw more combos or takedowns. And for most part of the fight, they fought in Griffin's kicking range.

Third - Rampage will always have the power to end it, but a good kicker will always have the upper-hand against a good puncher. Rampage needs to take it to the ground as soon as the fight starts and try as many takedown attempts as possible.

Rampage is not known for his BJJ, but i'd say Griffin's is suspect too. Griffin had great position on him all throughout the 2nd round, even looked like he was about to sub him, but simply could not finish an already tired Rampage. If Rampage is not too confident with his ground game, he should atleast work on different types of throws, as this has a huge influence to the fans and judges' eyes! Once he throws Griffin to the ground, avoid going to the ground with Forrest and allow Griffin to get back up, so he can do the same thing again. Land combos, then work on the throwdown, land combos, then work onn the throwdown.

getting the judges a "Scoring MMA for Dummies" handbook would be a good start !!

Comment

Scoring for dummies? Page still lost the fight. That one judge was a little out there. But the judges are human. Which means they are prone to mistakes.

Forrest still won the fight.

And he does need to do something to avoid those kicks badly.

Comment

check this site www.fightmetric.com they score fights fairly, SI had Page winning and Rampages two post fight interviews not the in ring one where he was just showing class he said he won and was surprised by the decision.

Comment

I haven't seen the Page interviews. But from what I saw, he got beat, plain and simple.

That and this page you gave me shows that Page lost out by 40 strikes. 32 to the legs, and by 12 to the head.

Sounds like the numbers of a winner.

Espically when those kicks were causing bodily harm.

Page wasn't screwed out of anything. I love the guy. And thought he was gonna put a Memphis ass whoopin on him. But he didn't.

Comment

website showed the scoring as a draw, champ wins from what I can see

Comment

just try to finish him off this time so no controversy....i had page winning and also wondered why the fawk rampage was not pissed but that just shows what kind of sport he is......an interview after the fight over at ###@dog he says what he really feels and like me was SHOCKED that forrest swept all the cards and that one stupid judge who gave no rounds to page......wtf?... is it me or was even fawkin rogan and the other guy cheering forrest on throughtout the fight....i hope the ufc doesn't become the next hbo....

Comment

^ Nope. I noticed that too.

Rogan and Goldberg were on Forrest's nuts the whole fight...and I'll tell you why.

Forrest is the UFC's homegrown champ, so having him as the King of their most popular division is just a testament to their TUF series and great for ratings.

It was a bull**** decision, and the 19,000 people in attendance agreed.

As for what he should do the next time they fight ?

He needs to check those leg kicks.

He needs to close the distance and cut off the ring to negate the kicks.

Besides those leg kicks, Forrest didn't land anything really significant. And didn't even do much on the ground besides a few unsuccessful submission attempts.

That, IMO, is not worthy of a world title winning performance.

Comment

i hope they go straight to a rematch and this time rampage will stop him......i dont want to see wand fight page without the title on the line i got a feeling wand has page's #.....i agree page as the champ should of won those rounds but feel like u that the ufc really needed forrest to win to legitimize the TUF brand but man at least a spil decision win not so blatantly like that.....anyways great fight and the atmosphere was crazy the crowd went from cheering forrest to booing him as he was announced as the new champ.....cant wait for the rematch......

Comment

Originally posted by living_legend View Post
                    just try to finish him off this time so no controversy....i had page winning and also wondered why the fawk rampage was not pissed but that just shows what kind of sport he is......an interview after the fight over at ###@dog he says what he really feels and like me was SHOCKED that forrest swept all the cards and that one stupid judge who gave no rounds to page......wtf?... is it me or was even fawkin rogan and the other guy cheering forrest on throughtout the fight....i hope the ufc doesn't become the next hbo....
                    Two words: Ultimate Fighter.

The Ultimate fighter seems to be rapidly becoming the fast track to UFC stardom. Over half the fighters on the damn card were former cast members. Frankly, it is a disgrace to the sport (and really, the TUF series is probably what's keeping the UFC afloat).

The UFC is gonna continue to slide, I kinda hope affliction overtakes their ****ing ******ed asses (by whom I am referring to the management not the fighters, or others involved with the company).

Comment

Working...
                    X