View Full Version : Who will win the pride GP?

Seraph_17
08-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Give reasons ya think so also please.

Seraph_17
08-08-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm going with Chuck Liddell because I think he has the better standup then anyone else in the tournament, plus he can scramble or stop takedoens against the grapplers in the tourney. He should be able to beat anyone in it by KO or JD.

Zen
08-08-2003, 04:11 PM
No way Chuck wins a JD in Pride. He has to finish. I'm picking Silva because he was born for this ****.

GeNeRaL
08-08-2003, 04:16 PM
i voted, rampage, but how many threads are there gonna be on who we thik will win?

that and plus a wise man told me to always bet on black. :)

VulgarTheClown
08-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Rampage, no question, he is the best 205 EVER!

and if he aitn the best he is the most entertaining an best interview

Piedra
08-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Zen420
No way Chuck wins a JD in Pride. He has to finish. I'm picking Silva because he was born for this ****.

I totally agree with you, he is going to send for the third time to the hospital sakuraba and in the "final conflict" I dont see him having problems with the rest of the fighters, I had a lot of doubts if he could win against arona but now Im sure he is going to win.

lightweight
08-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Gotta go with the Champ.

DragonZero
08-08-2003, 06:53 PM
i went with rampage

mmafanman
08-08-2003, 07:54 PM
I want Sak to win, but I guess that's asking for too much.

I think Rampage will take it all because he's young, freakishly strong, he's got good cardio and stand-up, and he's riding a serious hot streak right now. Dream match up for the title: Liddell/Silva vs. Rampage. ****ing epic throwdown.

Didi Deucy
08-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Ice Man

Seraph_17
08-10-2003, 10:20 AM
Didi Deucy ya are supposed to vote also, not just post who ya think!

Kempo Chris
08-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Lidell
His standup is great, but he has to get the KO

computer fogie
08-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Rampage, he's been my pick all along.

Seraph_17
08-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Could a MOD please edit my poll so its now narrowed down to the 4 remaining competitors?

Aaron Bizarre
08-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Spoiler ****************************

basically, Silva will win.

He will fight Yoshida

Chuck and Rampage will fight.

Wandi will steam roll through Yoshida.

Chuck and Rampage will go to war and the winner will be too tired to handle Silva.

The Ensanity
08-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Yoshida will win the turney

DragonZero
08-11-2003, 06:29 PM
yoshida will not win the gp once he gets some good leather put on him it's sleepy time

Seraph_17
08-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Exactly Dragon, I mean if the guy is almost KO'd from a few of Tamuras punches whats he gonna be likes when Rampage/Chuck/Silva land a solid blow on him?

Seraph_17
08-18-2003, 06:44 PM
I see Rampage has now tipped Silva as Globals favourite to win the GP......shame Chuck is gonna have to knock him out, BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

mmafanman
08-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Seraph_17
Exactly Dragon, I mean if the guy is almost KO'd from a few of Tamuras punches whats he gonna be likes when Rampage/Chuck/Silva land a solid blow on him?

In defense of Yoshida, he was never really in danger of being KO'ed. He got rocked for sure, but he composed himself pretty well. Once it went on the ground, it was pretty much over for Tamura.

Despite what everyone thinks about him, I believe Yoshida is very underrated. Remember, this guy's a gold medalist judoka for chrissake. His ground game is damn good. I don't know why people have trouble believing it. Is his ground game good enough to beat Silva? Probably not. But if he does manage to get Silva on the ground, which is not an easy task by any means, we may see and upset.

KimuraMan
08-19-2003, 08:21 PM
In defense of Yoshida, he was never really in danger of being KO'ed. He got rocked for sure, but he composed himself pretty well. Once it went on the ground, it was pretty much over for Tamura.

Total Agreement

Fallout
08-20-2003, 12:25 AM
Could a MOD please edit my poll so its now narrowed down to the 4 remaining competitors?

Done

realkaps
08-20-2003, 12:34 AM
Silva has the easiest path. He will be fresh and Liddell and Rampage are going to have a ****in war. Im guessing that fight will end in KO by liddell or a decision for Rampage. I am still picking the winner off Liddell and Rampage to take the whole thing.......

Seraph_17
08-20-2003, 05:39 AM
As much as I hate to say it there doesn't seem any way the winner of Rampage/Liddell is gonna win-Silva will surely steamroll through Yoshida and plus Silva has better cardio then Chuck or Rampage anyways.......

Thanks for editing the poll Creed

BTW mmafan if Yoshida wasn't close to KO'd how come he got dropped on his ass with a punch from Tamura? His groundgame looked unimpressive to me against Tamura also, did anyone else see how easy Yoshi gave his back? BAD idea in MMA.

DragonZero
08-20-2003, 05:42 AM
i'm going to pray all month long that yoshida beats silva

Seraph_17
08-20-2003, 06:02 AM
No way dude, I hope Yoshida gets beatdown......on the other hand I would like him to make a long hard fight of it before he loses so that the final will be fairer....

DragonZero
08-20-2003, 06:05 AM
i know he won't win but im gonna pray he does because what kaps said is true rampage and liddell are gonna have a war

Seraph_17
08-20-2003, 08:10 AM
I am just praying that Chuck can manage to KO Rampage....

DragonZero
08-20-2003, 08:21 AM
i really don't see that happening if chuck wins i think it will be by decision

realkaps
08-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Chuck will not win a decision. Even if he beat the **** out of rampage for three rounds, he wont win a decision....

Seraph_17
08-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Pride are definetly gonna make it hard for chuck to win a decision. I think thats why he was so anxious to KO Overeem.

mmafanman
08-20-2003, 01:47 PM
As much as I hate to say it there doesn't seem any way the winner of Rampage/Liddell is gonna win-Silva will surely steamroll through Yoshida and plus Silva has better cardio then Chuck or Rampage anyways.......

Thanks for editing the poll Creed

BTW mmafan if Yoshida wasn't close to KO'd how come he got dropped on his ass with a punch from Tamura? His groundgame looked unimpressive to me against Tamura also, did anyone else see how easy Yoshi gave his back? BAD idea in MMA.

Uh, just because someone gets dropped, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're on the verge of being KO'ed. When Tito got dropped by Ken, was he about to be KO'ed? Or how about your man Silva? When Oyama floored him, was he close to being KO'ed?
I've seen the fight twice already and yes, Yoshida got dropped by a punch. But he recovered well and was never in danger. Yes, Yoshi gave his back, but what did Tamura do with it? And, if Yoshi's ground game sucks so bad, what was the result of the fight?
I know I can't change your mind on Yoshi. I mean, if you weren't impressed at all with his sub victories against Frye or Tamura, then you will NEVER be impressed with him.

Seraph_17
08-21-2003, 11:27 AM
I was impressed with his win over Frye but Tamura is a has been and even he managed to dominate yoshida. BTW Silva is NOT my man, I am rooting for Chuck to win the GP.