View Full Version : The Training Diary of Seraph_17

Seraph_17
08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
A little about me-

I am 17, been in the martial arts since I was 8, did 3 years of TKD then 2 and a half of point kickboxing (yes I know they are lame) and then did 1 and a half years of Judo. Took the last couple of months off due to exams etc. Going to go to a shootfighting club in 2/3 weeks (I'll be the only guy my age/size there! Very nervous! All the guys there are pretty big in their twenties/thirties!)

Until then decided I had better start training again and get back in shape while I have motivation.

Today at 9:00pm uk time did-

BOXING - 3x5min rds on my heavybag

Did pretty hard combos, tried to work my right hand hard, ended up tearing it apart on the very thick canvas of my heavybag so ended up just using my left for the last round. Had to put some ice on my right after but its ok now. My hands are **** slow, really annoyed me cos I was damn quick when I used to kickbox. Suprised that my stamina was ok and I was pretty sweaty but I could have managed more rounds.

I would do a lot more but its kinda late, gonna do loads of training tommrow with some friends of mine in my garage.

Seraph_17
08-08-2003, 11:49 AM
2 pm Today did 2x5 minute rounds on the heavy bag (just hands).

Then did about 30 min grapplling with a friend, then we did another 30 minutes doing grappling but punches included standing and on the ground.

My submissions are noticably slow and not technical enough. Worked on my spral, scramble and standup punching quite well when we included punches, I felt I got taken down too many times tough.

Seraph_17
08-09-2003, 04:26 PM
CRAP Didn't train at all today, I had to go out to town and I lost track of time, too late to train now...I'll have to make up for it tommrow....VERY pissed off with myself.

VulgarTheClown
08-09-2003, 04:55 PM
don't get mad at yourself, this kinda **** happens.

i try to do one of my training sessons early in the mornin when i wake up so as not to get distracted by my activities throughout the day.

Seraph_17
08-10-2003, 12:13 PM
11:00 am-

Stretching
2 miles on stationary cycle
3x5min rounds on heavybag (all strikes).
Right hand is still sore so mainly working on my left hand and including round kicks into my combos, devloped a good round kick-one-two combo similar to the Cro-Cop/Sapp KO.

2:00pm
Tried to start incorporating Chris Chaos beggining boxing routine.

Stretching
2x2min rds shadowboxing
4x2min rds heavybag punching
2x2min rds skipping
25 sit ups
4 sets of 10 press ups

Feel much better about myself now I've done a lot more, gonna try and keep this up consistently.

Seraph_17
08-11-2003, 04:11 PM
1:00pm- 2 miles stationary cycle
Heavy Bag 3x5 min rds (hands only)

7:00pm- Light Stretching
2x2min rds Shadowboxing
4X2min Rds HeavyBag (hands only)

Would have done more but got distracted in my second workout with a ready made meal.

Seraph_17
08-12-2003, 05:23 PM
2:00pm -2 miles stationary cycle
Heavy Bag 3x5 min rds (hands only)

Missed my second workout, got caught up watching jackass the movie (dammit!).

Seraph_17
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
6:00pm-

Stretching
2x2min rds shadowboxing
2x2min rds skipping
25 sit ups
4 sets of 10 press ups

Woke up late and missed my first training session, gonna try my hardest tommrow to fit both workouit sessions into my day.

Carlao
08-13-2003, 04:33 PM
seraph are you only doing stand up and conditioning?

Seraph_17
08-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Yes pretty much, I am going to be training at a shootfighting club in about 2 weeks so I will be doin groundwork then also......

My weight training program will start in about 3/4weeks i belive....

Seraph_17
08-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Today I again got interuppted with various crap and only managed to get in 2 miles in the stationary back and then jack ****, getting very annoyed, gonna try and get as much in as I can tommrow.

Carlao
08-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Goo to hear. However I think that if your interest is MMA you should look to work some more wrestling or submissions. I understand that access to good MMA training maybe limited, but I'm sure that you will know how to combine the different skills that you will learn.

Best of luck with you training and wish you much success.

Seraph_17
08-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Actually Carlao my striking is my weakest point, my wrestling and groundwork are my stronger points as I have a judo backround. I am goin to the SF club next week though so once again I will be able to work on everything, but for now I am just working on striking and conditioning because they are my weak spots.

Yesterday I did

3x5min rds on heavybag (hands only)
2x2min rds shadowboxing
4x2min rds heavybag (hands only)

Doing nothing today because I went out drinking last night and I need a day to recover, aiming to get LOTS done tommrow training wise, need to get back up to my old consistency.

Seraph_17
08-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Today i did

2 miles on stationary bike
lots of stretching
3x5 min Rds (all strikes)

Pleased with my cardio and combos, my left leg sucks at kicking or kneeing though.

DragonZero
08-18-2003, 12:21 PM
if you wanna train your left leg just do kicks with that leg all day long and keep doing it then rotate to the other leg and so on

Seraph_17
08-18-2003, 02:55 PM
4:oopm -

Stretching
2x2min rds shadowboxing
2x2min rds skipping
25 sit ups
4 sets of 10 press ups

Thanks for the advice Dragon, also please anybody who reads this who trains/fights please feel more then welcome to give me some tips and advice for training or to improve my technique etc.

DragonZero
08-20-2003, 04:49 AM
no problem man i'll give whatever advice i can

Kempo Chris
08-20-2003, 09:35 PM
whats my beginner boxing routine?

Seraph_17
08-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Erm what u the one that posted a begginer boxing routine in the standing technique forum???

Seraph_17
08-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Sorry Chris I got you mixed up with Curley Howard.

BAH I haven't trained at all for about 3 or so days, got my GCSE results (kinda like S.A.T's to you americans) and I've been too busy goin out with friends and getting drunk.

Today at 5 I did

Stretching
2 miles on stationary bike
3X5min rds on heavybag (all strikes)

My kicks are coming along very nicely, lots more power and speed, putting on shin pads helped me better my technique because I wasn't worried about splintering my shin on my stone hard heavybag.

Shootfighting starts Wednesday, and College starts in about 2 weeks or so and I will be doin a weight taining course as part of my college program (I am TOO damn skinny, need some muscles)

Seraph_17
08-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Had a visit to whats gonna be my new college and discussed the weight training course I'm gonna be taking. Apparently to begin with they make ya do press ups and **** and no weights to preapre newbies like me for actaully using the weights. Eventually you are expected to put ya own routine together for the lesson and work on what you want, they also have lots of cardio vasicular equipment to use in lesson like cycles and stuff.

Sounds good and should mean more motivation to train more often, I'm a little worried about it stuntng my growth cos I'm young (17), I wanna get some mroe height for reach.

Going to the Shootfighting Club with my buddy tommrow, they are all men so we will be the only teenagers there, we are gonna get HURT LOL. Anyways I'm nervous but looking forward to rolling and training with some good MMA guys.

Seraph_17
08-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Trained at Shootfighting today, really good class although I am still the smallest in a group of big men LOL.

Did a good workout/stretching routine to start off with, then there was a lot of clinchwork, then takedowns, then grappling on the ground. They did some boxing/kickboxing in the last 20 minutes but I ain't insured yet so I just grappled a little more. I mainly rolled with my friend who came with me who is my size and also a newbie at this, although I did roll a lot with the instructor Nathan Levo who is really sick in the ground and totally Pwn3d me LOL. The whole class lasted 2 hrs and is on 2 days a week. It feels great to train where everyone else is way over a million times better then ya, it means much to learn and work on. I'm quiting smoking and cutting way back on the booze as from today.

Seraph_17
09-21-2003, 07:11 PM
I asked for this training diary to be deleted ages ago what the **** is it still doin here???