View Full Version : Who's the next big star from the UK?

majestiC
07-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Calzaghe & Hatton will be retired by next year, who do you guys will be the one to step up and take over there division? honestly I can't see Khan doing it especially at a packed weight like Lightweight. Mitchell, no chance was lucky to survive vs a very average Johannson, great fight tho. I honestly can't see one with that special talent coming through. I think we will have to wait on Frankie Gavin when he turns pro.

Hagler★
07-04-2008, 08:17 PM
an up and comin amateur cruiser called irvine pascal

Kivian
07-04-2008, 09:47 PM
David Haye??

Clegg
07-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Kell Brook.

ophqui
07-05-2008, 07:16 AM
paul appleby could get pretty good, maybe john fewkes as well. Frankie gavin is a shoe in for olympic gold so he'll be big news when he goes pro, theres a couple of other decent olympic prospects like billy joe saunders, any of those guys get a medal and they've got a future on ITV fighting bums like khan (and making decent money)

David Haye's star is definitely rising, if he gets the big names like peter and klitschsko he'll be huge.

Futures bright :)

sparked_85
07-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd say Kell Brook without a doubt.

He will be a world champion of some sort.

COLINSRI
07-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Carl Froch

majestiC
07-05-2008, 10:09 AM
David Haye??

Haha can't believe I forgot about my favourite fighter Haye, however Haye is moving to MMA in a couple of years and with his chin could get KO'd at anytime in the heavyweights. I love Froch but hes getting a bit old now left it a bit to late? I can't see him beating Kessler even though I would give him a shot over anyone else in the div.

x-PeROxiDE-x
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Kevin Mitchell.

Although he does occasionally look like ****, I think it's because he fights to the level of his opponents.

Kids got mad skills, crazy heart and an iron jaw, I expect to see him to win a world title soon.

sparked_85
07-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Kevin Mitchell.

Although he does occasionally look like ****, I think it's because he fights to the level of his opponents.

Kids got mad skills, crazy heart and an iron jaw, I expect to see him to win a world title soon.

Kevin Mitchell does seem to be packing iron.

He's a British Gatti for sure.

Kell Brook is more talented, dudes punches are so straight and fast.

Nick Fury
07-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Yuriorkis Gamboa is pretty good, Cuban dude. If he just learns to put his hands up more he'd be a biiiiiiig problem.

heihaci
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Kevin Mitchell?

LMAO the guy blocks punches with his head!!

sparked_85
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Kevin Mitchell?

LMAO the guy blocks punches with his head!!

Blocks them like they ain't **** though.

lol

heihaci
07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Blocks them like they ain't **** though.

lol

yeah iron chin but he doesn't have "mad skills"

sparked_85
07-09-2008, 10:26 AM
yeah iron chin but he doesn't have "mad skills"

I definetely agree.

The Gatti comparison is pretty fair.

He's in a stacked division however. Might not have the same success.

Rafael Benitez
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
David Haye??

Good point, but he is kinda already established and is a former undisputed cruiserweight world champion!

kerrminator
07-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Haye is the obvious choice. There are a few young uns coming through....Appleby and Craig McEwan are looking good and I've heard great things about young prospect Thomas Costello.

Rafael Benitez
07-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Haye is the obvious choice. There are a few young uns coming through....Appleby and Craig McEwan are looking good and I've heard great things about young prospect Thomas Costello.
Read the post above yours. Haye is already an established fighter.

dansapien
07-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Audley :moon:

goodkingbudpuffer
07-10-2008, 06:51 PM
numero uno: what in the hell is a Pikey and why do they seem to be hated. Came across a pikey fistfight on youtube and ppl were trashing them. just curious, was wondering if any of my imperial cousins might enlighten this dumb yankee, yours in fisticuffs the "puffer"

majestiC
07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
numero uno: what in the hell is a Pikey and why do they seem to be hated. Came across a pikey fistfight on youtube and ppl were trashing them. just curious, was wondering if any of my imperial cousins might enlighten this dumb yankee, yours in fisticuffs the "puffer"

Ever seen snatch? pikeys have no jobs which means they get money from other ways, they get there caravans and plonk them anywhere and you cant get rid of them because of some stupid law that they exploit. Some pikeys near me camped on a school field for over 3 years..... they are sub human scum most of em.

Clegg
11-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Kell Brook.

I agree with this guy!

Shambleton
11-14-2008, 05:36 PM
http://matchroomsport.com/mygallery/gallery_pics/poolchamp/53/PRIZEFIGHTER-CHISORASHADBOX5_small.jpg

Del Boy FTW.

Funky_Monk
11-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Frankie Gavin, how can anyone consider him a serious prospect with no pro fights. Weight is going to be a serious issue i think.

How about Nathan Cleverly, Quietly risen nothing flash and Joe talks highly of him and not just because he is/ was a stable mate. Plus he is some one who has choosen boxing he's a smart fellow.

sparked_85
11-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I'd say Kell Brook without a doubt.

He will be a world champion of some sort.

damn Clegg you got in there first, like a pigeon with a needle.

still I can be the official 2nd nuthugger.

BetterCallSaul
11-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Mark my words

Michael Maguire

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZybULRi_mvw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZybULRi_mvw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Debut

He is fighting on the Haye undercard tommorow

Savino
11-14-2008, 06:47 PM
John Murray, Kell Brook.

freeze_dried
11-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Kell Brook is a deffo future big star as long as he continues to work.

A few other that havnt been mentioned, Scott Quigg, Ryan Brawley is another . Tyrone Nurse who's still young at 18 but very talented.

Funky_Monk
11-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Mark my words

Michael Maguire

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZybULRi_mvw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZybULRi_mvw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Debut

He is fighting on the Haye undercard tommorow

what weight is he at ?? and know one has given an opinion on cleverly?

hookoutofhell
11-15-2008, 08:47 AM
john murray, i think khan will be a good world title contender, haye of course, gavin should be interesting and it'dbe good to see him in a few pro fights, nathan cleverly holds the lonsdale belt i think at LHW, kevin mighty mitchell has a good ahcne if he tweaks his style a little bit here and there.

iv heard of this kell brook guy before anyone got any videos?
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

Funky_Monk
11-15-2008, 09:12 AM
john murray, i think khan will be a good world title contender, haye of course, gavin should be interesting and it'dbe good to see him in a few pro fights, nathan cleverly holds the lonsdale belt i think at LHW, kevin mighty mitchell has a good ahcne if he tweaks his style a little bit here and there.

iv heard of this kell brook guy before anyone got any videos?

I can't see khan doing much, he has totally lost what little respect he had from other fighters now. There will be alot of fighters who now think they can walk through him, regardless of how true that is. Losing a sense of invincibility damages more than just our own confidence. Look at people like Roger Feder alot of guys in the top 10 would now think they at least have a chance of beating him.

Brian13
11-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Paul Truscott gets my vote ,

BetterCallSaul
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
what weight is he at ?? and know one has given an opinion on cleverly?

He is a bantamweight, and the former best under 19 amateur in the world.

On Cleverly, while I think he is a good solid boxer, he might struggle later on down the road with his lack of power.

Richie-G
11-15-2008, 04:33 PM
micheal jennings
nicky cook

Alec900
11-15-2008, 05:54 PM
what do you guys think about nathan cleverly?

ah,somebody already asked the same question,but still no answers?

JulioCesaChavez
11-15-2008, 07:15 PM
micheal jennings
nicky cook

Is that a joke? Nicky Cook has been a British level fighter for sometime. I don't think he will progress from there.

Richie-G
11-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-G View Post
micheal jennings
nicky cook

Is that a joke? Nicky Cook has been a British level fighter for sometime. I don't think he will progress from there.

maybe so, but he is the wbo super feather champ

paledestroyer1
11-16-2008, 08:06 AM
never new michael maguire went pro I remember seing his amatuer fights definent one to watch

ironalex
11-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Yuriorkis Gamboa is pretty good, Cuban dude. If he just learns to put his hands up more he'd be a biiiiiiig problem.

since when has he been british?

BetterCallSaul
11-16-2008, 10:36 AM
never new michael maguire went pro I remember seing his amatuer fights definent one to watch

He won yesterday by KO1 on the Hayemaker bill.

Naps
11-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Derek Chisora baby!

JulioCesaChavez
11-16-2008, 02:52 PM
maybe so, but he is the wbo super feather champThat doesn't make him a hot prospect. A paper title is as far as he will go which is why he is unknown

I can't see khan doing much, he has totally lost what little respect he had from other fighters now. There will be alot of fighters who now think they can walk through him, regardless of how true that is. Losing a sense of invincibility damages more than just our own confidence. Look at people like Roger Feder alot of guys in the top 10 would now think they at least have a chance of beating him.
But Khan was no Federer and never had an aura of invincibility. He was not invincible at the Olympics which is why the nations loves him. Plus half them stoppages were bull****, like the Gomez one where the looked far from invincible. good job his dad paid off ref who saved his life.