No announcement yet.

The Beatles vs The Rolling Stones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles vs The Rolling Stones

Two great British bands of all time and two great bands in the world, but who is the better band overall in your opinion and why?

I have to say The Beatles beat The Rolling Stones in my opinion just. I know some people are going to disagree with my choice but thats what I think.
    The Beatles
    62.96%
    The Rolling Stones
    37.04%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by ???; 07-04-2008, 03:13 PM.

Depends what you are after really, but i've gotta say the beatles.
    Stones are an extremely close second though.

The Beatles and the stones>Any other bands.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
      Two great British bands of all time and two great bands in the world, but who is the better band overall in your opinion and why?

I have to say The Beatles beat The Rolling Stones in my opinion just. I know some people are going to disagree with my choice but thats what I think.
      For me, the Stones, by miles. Better musically, Jagger a better front man. All better Musicians full stop. They also made the greatest live album ever: Get yer ya ya's out. If you have not heard it, download or buy it.

During their peak period, they lost a big talent in Brian Jones (who wasted away) but gained with another in Mick Taylor.

If they closed up shop after 1981's Tattoo You, they would have cemented their legacy in the way that the Beatles had done. The group ended when they were on top (or near the top).

I also think that people who liked harder rock preferred the Stones. (like me)

Top 8 Rock Bands Ever: The Stones, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, The Beatles, Queen, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Nirvana

Comment

This is a joke, right? The Beatles are from a different universe to The Rolling Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by JT1967 View Post
          For me, the Stones, by miles. Better musically, Jagger a better front man. All better Musicians full stop. They also made the greatest live album ever: Get yer ya ya's out. If you have not heard it, download or buy it.

During their peak period, they lost a big talent in Brian Jones (who wasted away) but gained with another in Mick Taylor.

If they closed up shop after 1981's Tattoo You, they would have cemented their legacy in the way that the Beatles had done. The group ended when they were on top (or near the top).

I also think that people who liked harder rock preferred the Stones. (like me)

Top 8 Rock Bands Ever: The Stones, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, The Beatles, Queen, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Nirvana

But not me.

Maybe people who have a more diverse taste in music prefer the beatles because they did so much unusual stuff. Their music went through some vastly different styles.

Comment

Stones. Simply the greatest band of all-time.

Although a good band, and possibly the most influential band of all-time...i personally think The Beatles are overrated. If you want diversity in music then listen to David Bowie who i also rate above The Beatles.

It's all opinion, so don't hate me because i'm beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
              But not me.

Maybe people who have a more diverse taste in music prefer the beatles because they did so much unusual stuff. Their music went through some vastly different styles.
              I do have a diverse taste in music...Just because I love rock does not mean I do not listen to other music.

The Stones also had vastly different styles, not just songs like Satisfaction or Jumping Jack Flash. The year you were born they went slightly disco with Miss You.

Like most of the rock bands from that era they started with playing Blues.

Then went on to make different styles of music once established.

The Beatles were more popular, reaching out more to the wider mainstream pop audience in later years. But all I say is in my previous post....The Stones were a better band.

Comment

I was listening to Radio 2 at about 12ish last saturday night (self pwnage there, a 20 year old, on his own, on saturday night, listening to radio 2) and they had a show on about jazz.

I'm not adverse to a little jazz, so I decided to carry on listening, when they played the Stones. I couldn't believe it, "The stones aint a jazz band ffs" I thought to myself.

But, I was blown away by the best version of "Brown Sugar" I have ever heard (it was one of the pre recording versions, when it was still called "Black *****")

I never realised just how heavily jazz influenced the Stones are, but now I think about it, I see it in most, if not all, of their songs.

Also saw the Stones live last year in the Millenium Stadium, and it was the best gig I have ever been to, an honour previously held by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Although I LOVE The Beatles, I just can't rate them above the Stones, my favourite band ever.

Comment

Them semi blue-nosed ****es were ****ing annoying and overrated. Stones all the way even though Freddy Kuger turns up from time to time to cry over a Manure loss.

Comment

gotta say,a couple years ago i woulda said the beatles but the stones will be here after the next mass extinction.i can't get no!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X