View Full Version : COMFIRMED!! Murilo Bustamante in the GP!

Mr. Beelzebub
08-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Pride has just confirmed few minutes ago the former UFC champion Murilo Bustamante as the name who will substitute Ricardo Arona in the up comming GP. The decision came after a whole day of negotiation between Murilo, his manager Marcelo Tetel (by phone), the Brazilian Top Team representative in Japan (Miss Motoko) and the Pride's president. The deal is that Murilo will fight Quinton Jackson next August 10th, and, if he wins, he'll be back in November to the second part of the tournament (Final Conflict).The contract still seeks Murilo's in future editions of Pride, fighting in the same category than Wanderlei Silva.

Right after the confirmation, Murilo declared to us: "Let's go, I will do my best. I don't know if I gonna be able to beat the "big black guy", but if I win, nobody will handle me", made a joke about his opponent, the tough guy Quinton Jackson, who is considerated one of the hardest fighters in the card. While waiting for the Pride's decision, Murilo did new training (about 1hour and a half), proving that he is in a good shape.

Murilo´s manager believes that the fact that he didn't have enough time to get ready, may become an advantage to Murilo. "He is a really hard working's athlete and a very dedicated professional. Even though not specifically for the Pride, he has been training everyday. Truly is that Murilo is relaxed and didn't suffer the whole psychological pressure before the event. We believe him", reveals Marcelo Tetel, who is about to travel to Japan. Ricardo Arona, who got injuried and declined the fight, will be in Murilo's corner.

Murilo def. Rampage by Sub Round 2

GeNeRaL
08-07-2003, 11:03 AM
"I don't know if I gonna be able to beat the "big black guy", but if I win, nobody will handle me"

Does that include Saku and SIlva as well as Liddell (who already beat him)?

Confidence is good, ****y can backfire. :)

realkaps
08-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Gp just got alot easier for Rampage......

Mr. Beelzebub
08-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Murilo has been in there with Liddell(match who I think he won) and Tom Erikson who is one of the strongest fighters in the world.

Busta can do it

realkaps
08-07-2003, 11:19 AM
I say they should switch the brackets. Have Rampage Vs. Silva and Busta Vs. Saku in the first round......

The Ensanity
08-07-2003, 11:47 AM
I have a good feeling that Busta will win...and Im not really a Busta fan

VulgarTheClown
08-07-2003, 11:55 AM
this is rampage's tournament!
well it was

this is just pride gettin back at him for saying all that **** about how pride doesn't like him cause he is black.

it was all a set up

The Ensanity
08-07-2003, 12:07 PM
LOL @ VTC

lightweight
08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Awesome news, to me this tourney just got a lot better.

I really don't know who to pick right now....

Bluecifer
08-07-2003, 01:00 PM
I think Rampage has a WAAAY better chance against Busta then Arona. I think Arona would have beat Q-jack but think that Q-jack will pound on Busta from the gaurd for the decision.

Nuno
08-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by lightweight
Awesome news, to me this tourney just got a lot better.

I really don't know who to pick right now....

I still pick Silva.....I always will too.....

lightweight
08-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Nuno
I still pick Silva.....I always will too.....

I'd pick Silva too, I just don't really know who to pick between Busta and Rampage......I'm thinking Rampage will take this one, don't know how but his strength may be too much for Busta.

Nuno
08-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Busta fought Tom Erickson.....He also probably rolls with Nog so I don't think this will be a problem....he's well rounded and the weight difference isn't astronomical.....I like Quinton alot as a fighter and respect him....but I think Busta may be too good for him.....If I'm wrong I won't mind though.....

mmafanman
08-07-2003, 01:20 PM
I don't think Busta will beat Rampage. Still, it would be interesting to see Busta in there since it's been almost 24 years since he's been in the ring.

Mr. Beelzebub
08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Busta is gonna transition from triangle to armbar at one point during the match, mark my words.

The Ensanity
08-07-2003, 01:35 PM
He does trin with Arona, he got that going for him

Bluecifer
08-07-2003, 01:48 PM
I think Busta could beat Silva, not sure about Jackson though....maybe by rear naked choke like Sak did...

Piedra
08-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Tom Erickson didnt finished Murilo, I dont think Quinton is doing the miracle. I hope to watch Lidell vs Bustamante with pride rules!

mmafanman
08-07-2003, 02:54 PM
By the way, you got any details from the Busta-Erickson fight?

Mr. Beelzebub
08-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Bustamante fought Erikson in the finals of a tournament called M.A.R.S, Erikson was basically in Busta's guard for almost the whole fight, but while they were standing Busta connected a couple good shots.

realkaps
08-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
Busta is gonna transition from triangle to armbar at one point during the match, mark my words.

And he will be picked up and slammed on his melon like Saku.....

Mr. Beelzebub
08-08-2003, 02:05 PM
I am pretty sure that this match is gonna be just like Saku vs. Rampage, with Jackson gassing at the end and getting submitted

Bluecifer
08-08-2003, 02:17 PM
I think arona would've taken the tournament before, but now I think Rampage will. Busta is just a bit too small IMO.

Whoremaster B
08-08-2003, 03:04 PM
I really like Busta, but Im rooting for Rampage. He has to fight Silva. Ive heard way too much discussion on the topic not to see it.