View Full Version : Murray wants Khan clash

majestiC
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I would love to fight Amir and its the logical fight to happen, the Mancunian reasoned.

We are both unbeaten and both from Lancashire. Hopefully, I will be winning the British belt and then it will be a fight with two belts on the line. It could happen at the MEN Arena in Manchester on September 6."

Personally I would love to see this fight, Murrary for me was the best British prospect coming through the ranks in the past couple of years, but has been held up by truely awful match making by Hennesey. In his last fight Murrary didn't look intrested and didn't turn up at all, he should be up for fighting Meager though. If Murray wins the British belt in style this is the fight that should be made. It would be intresting to see how Murray would handle Khan's fast accurate punching and how would Khan handle a fighter as talented as Murray. Most people I would expect would pick Khan, I would of before the Gomez fight but Murray is much better opponent. How do you guys think this one will go?

dobermann28
07-02-2008, 01:36 PM
hi mate... i would pick murray,i think khan has some AWFUL flaws...and although he has good power i wouldent say he has massive power.

i have only seen murray a few times but he looks real good.

i hope people get off this knan bandwagan soon,i think he is overrated

Gojira
07-02-2008, 03:28 PM
i would love a khan clash but we cant all have what we want. i think khan needs to fight a contender to prove himself.

The Legacy
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm waiting for the day when Khan gets knocked out. He has massive defensive flaws and they will be exposed when he takes a step up in competition.

But...I think Khan would be too much for Murray.

majestiC
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Personally if it goes past 3 rounds, Murray would win is how I would see it. John is a fantastic body puncher and regulary spars with Hatton, Hatton said on 5Live recently he would expect Murray to beat him, also Gomez has said the same. Murray is a real lightweight and is pretty big himself for the weight. But after watching him live at the Froch undercard last time out Murray will need to prove himself once more and win next week in good fashion. I hope the fight gets made or atleast one of them fights Thaxton to prove whos the best in Britain.

Nicky_Hatton
07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Khan but love watching him fight? Just for the pure riskage.

adietheforestfa
07-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Iv seen Murray a number of times live. He has looked excellent at times, but also sometimes looks poor. He was a lucy boy to get the win in his last fight, he cold quite easily have lost.

If he is on form it could be close with Khan.

Id prob pick Khan by UD but Khan would certainly not have i all his own way.

I would like Amir to fight Kevin Mitchell too

majestiC
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Khan but love watching him fight? Just for the pure riskage.

Yea im in that camp

reptar
07-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Murray for me. He's a proper lightweight, can throw huge punches and will take everything Khan can throw at him. Khan has been kept away from Murray since he turned pro and this is a very risky fight for Khan as i can't see him winning. Also how will Khan react when most people in the arena want him to get beat. Fighting a good young Manchester fighter in Manchester is surely a bad move for khan

The Legacy
07-03-2008, 05:04 AM
Iv seen Murray a number of times live. He has looked excellent at times, but also sometimes looks poor. He was a lucy boy to get the win in his last fight, he cold quite easily have lost.

If he is on form it could be close with Khan.

Id prob pick Khan by UD but Khan would certainly not have i all his own way.

I would like Amir to fight Kevin Mitchell too

Good call. I'd like to see a Mitchell - Khan matchup.

Nicky_Hatton
07-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Yea im in that camp

I think a lot of people are.

Can't beat a bit of Kevin Mitchell though.

COLINSRI
07-03-2008, 07:07 AM
I'd like to see this matchup but don't think mitchell can beat khan..... Jon Thaxton would be the man for that job.

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 01:52 AM
will not happen. Khan is ducking even his domestic rivals! What a joke. The next Prince Naz my arse. If he acheives even half as much as he did I would eat my hat. Will never break his record and will never become a world champ. His progress has been slow, and perhaps even backwards considering the problem he has with his beak.

T-97
07-08-2008, 03:51 AM
I would love to see Khan-Murray because Khan would finally be in with another natural lightweight who isn't past it or anything. I also would like to see Khan-Mitchell.

I like to watch Khans fights cause they are normally pretty exciting, but i don't like Khan. I just feel like Khans a bandwagon and i don't want to be on board :lol1:

duffgun
07-08-2008, 07:45 AM
I would love to see Khan-Murray because Khan would finally be in with another natural lightweight who isn't past it or anything. I also would like to see Khan-Mitchell.

I like to watch Khans fights cause they are normally pretty exciting, but i don't like Khan. I just feel like Khans a bandwagon and i don't want to be on board :lol1:

Yeah i love watching Khan i just love watching him get knocked down. Khan needs to fight a Murray type fighter next imo.

T-97
07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah i love watching Khan i just love watching him get knocked down. Khan needs to fight a Murray type fighter next imo.

Same! :rofl: Whenever he gets dropped i'm sat there like "YEEEAAAHHH"!! :lol1:

majestiC
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
I think Murray is next in line if he beats Meager this Friday, I seen a interview with Khan the other day just talking about a Murray fight in Manchester.

The Monk
07-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I have got to be honest, I just don't rate Murray at all. Whenever I have seen him he has struggled, also with less than stellar opponents. At the moment I think Khan would wipe the floor with him; he needs to rediscover his early promise for me to think otherwise.

T-97
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I have got to be honest, I just don't rate Murray at all. Whenever I have seen him he has struggled, also with less than stellar opponents. At the moment I think Khan would wipe the floor with him; he needs to rediscover his early promise for me to think otherwise.

I agree. I don't rate him high. I just want Khan to fight someone like Murray who is young and strong to test him :boxing:

adietheforestfa
07-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Good call. I'd like to see a Mitchell - Khan matchup.

Im not 100% but i dont think a Hennessy fighter has ever face a Warren Fighter. I could be wrong tho.

the_godslayer
07-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Personally if it goes past 3 rounds, Murray would win is how I would see it. John is a fantastic body puncher and regulary spars with Hatton, Hatton said on 5Live recently he would expect Murray to beat him, also Gomez has said the same. Murray is a real lightweight and is pretty big himself for the weight. But after watching him live at the Froch undercard last time out Murray will need to prove himself once more and win next week in good fashion. I hope the fight gets made or atleast one of them fights Thaxton to prove whos the best in Britain.

Thaxton is a ****ing warrior but IMO Murray would be able to win that fight and is a more attractive fight for Khan than Mitchell,who although is coming on and has shown heart.especially in the Johansson fight, still has a few more fights before he is ready to take the step up and by then Khan will either have been blown away or have stepped up to the plate and worked out those flaws.
I can see Murray beating Meager and signing to fight Khan, if Khan takes the fight lightly as a tune up for a possible world title shot he WILL lose.
Mitchell will go on to great things but will take a little longer IMO

I think that has more to do with uninspirational matchmaking and not getting up for the fight than a lack of talent myself.

Rafael Benitez
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Khan is an overprotecte bum with no heart and a bad chin. Worse than Fraudley. He will get found out by a Michael Sprott soon enough.

`STEELHEAD
07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
murry fight is streaming this friday:
http://www1.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=69&part=sports&discipline=other

alza1988
07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Khan theyre not even on my level
http://www.itv.com/Sport/boxing/news/Articles/AmirKhanvGrahamEarlfight/Theyre-not-on-my-level-Khan-556888838.html
url ok.......................

Rafael Benitez
07-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Hopefully the band wagon will be over when one of the Brits wins another medal this year. I wish one of them get gol, that'll **** up big lips bigtime.

MAXWELL_
07-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Khan theyre not even on my level
http://www.itv.com/Sport/boxing/news/Articles/AmirKhanvGrahamEarlfight/Theyre-not-on-my-level-Khan-556888838.html
url ok.......................
that article....
what a bunch of bull.
he thinks he's progressed quite rapidly. lol
what! by beating gomez ranked 164.
thats a step backwards!
he's been hyping himself up lately.
the uk kids love him.

heihaci
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Khan has fought better opposition then Murray
Murray struggled against Hamidi and MIguel Mungia(he couldn't even knock him out!!)
http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=44539&cat=boxer

majestiC
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Khan has fought better opposition then Murray
Murray struggled against Hamidi and MIguel Mungia(he couldn't even knock him out!!)
http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=44539&cat=boxer

He wasn't up for those fights and I can see why, he just won the British Title in style! LETS GET IT ON!

heihaci
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
He wasn't up for those fights and I can see why, he just won the British Title in style! LETS GET IT ON!

definitely a better performance than his other fights

Rafael Benitez
07-14-2008, 05:49 AM
And Khan wants Pacqiaou after being dropped by Arthur!

the_godslayer
07-14-2008, 05:52 AM
well i was right about Murray beating Meager and STILL feel that Khans next fight should be Murray but Warren wont risk him.

efgh524
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I ran into this article doing some unrelated research. I was [amazed, astounded, frightened, disgusted] that this cult and it's charismatic leader has so much power. Ipod Videos (http://www.qqhee.com) have so much influence. And they routinely brainwash people. Think mass weddings. Think Messianic delusions.

Rafael Benitez
07-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Khan getting bashed was the best thing for Warren. Now they realise they need to milk Frank and stop him getting beat by bums by fighting bigger bums and paying of referees. They would have gone for self-promo if he had been impressive because the Khan camp genuinely believe he is world class!!!!

`STEELHEAD
07-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Personally I would love to see this fight, Murrary for me was the best British prospect coming through the ranks in the past couple of years, but has been held up by truely awful match making by Hennesey. In his last fight Murrary didn't look intrested and didn't turn up at all, he should be up for fighting Meager though. If Murray wins the British belt in style this is the fight that should be made. It would be intresting to see how Murray would handle Khan's fast accurate punching and how would Khan handle a fighter as talented as Murray. Most people I would expect would pick Khan, I would of before the Gomez fight but Murray is much better opponent. How do you guys think this one will go?
listen... enough of these clashes with britt lackeys like murray! lets see khan face someone that is at least ranked under 100! but if warren needs to make a creampuff bout murray is okay!
khan the warren creampuff con... only in the U.K....LOL

The Wire
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Khan would get killed by Murray. It would be brutal.