View Full Version : Alex Gong's Murder Commits Suicide.

Magic Man
08-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by datsmax
Man wanted for questioning in kickboxer's death kills himself

Tanya Shevitz and Matthew B. Stannard, Chronicle Staff Writers Monday, August 4, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man described by investigators as a "person of interest'' in the shooting of a San Francisco kickboxer last week apparently killed himself today in a South San Francisco hotel room after a 12-hour standoff with police.

Police did not name the man, whom they described as a wanted parolee. But San Francisco police Lt. John Hennessey said investigators had wanted to talk to him on connection with the shooting of 32-year-old Alex Gong, a Thai- style kickboxer and training gym operator.

Gong was shot and killed at Fifth and Harrison streets about 4:30 p.m. Friday after chasing down a Jeep Cherokee that had struck his car. Witnesses said Gong confronted the driver of the Jeep, who waited for a green light, shot Gong and drove away.

The Jeep, which police said was stolen and bore stolen plates, was recovered late Friday in Millbrae.

South San Francisco police said an unspecified tip let them to a man and a woman staying at the Travelodge on South Airport Boulevard before dawn Monday.

Police cleared guests out of surrounding rooms and brought in tactical and negotiating teams. The woman, whom police said appeared to have been trying to convince the man to give himself up, surrendered to police about 6:30 a.m.

Police had no further communication with the man after the woman left. As the morning wore on, officers used a flash-bang noisemaking grenade to try to get the man's attention and telephoned his room several times.

About 12:23 p.m., tactical officers heard a single gunshot, said South San Francisco police Sgt. Mike Brosnan. Officers soon found the man in a room next door to the one where he had initially been located, Brosnan said.

Brosnan said the man apparently had broken a hole in the wall and crawled into the adjoining room, where he hid under a mattress and shot himself in the head with a revolver.

I got this from Sherdog's in Alex's RIP thread, not sure of the original source, I thought people might just like to know.

I hope this sonofa***** goes straight to ****ing hell.

Magic Man
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
actually heres the link:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2003/08/04/hotel1.DTL

Curly Howard
08-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Thanks MM.......I see he took another cowards route out of a situation

GeNeRaL
08-04-2003, 09:04 PM
****, this is BS. Rip alex gong :(

realkaps
08-04-2003, 09:06 PM
RIP Alex. This guy should have been pistol whipped while being ****ed by huge gorillas........

lightweight
08-04-2003, 09:07 PM
In the end he got what he had coming to him.

lightweight
08-04-2003, 09:07 PM
The killer I mean, not Alex(R.I.P.)

DragonZero
08-04-2003, 10:14 PM
well at least he's off the streets and can't shoot anyone else