View Full Version : Arona talks about his match against Jackson

Mr. Beelzebub
08-04-2003, 11:43 AM
What did you think about fighting Quinton Jackson at the very beginning of Pride Grand Prix?
I wasn't expecting to fight Jackson. I though Pride would put Wanderlei to eliminate a brazilian fighter very early, but it seems they enjoy testing me. I am ready for anyone.

How's your preparation for the fight?
I have intensified my training program at Brazilian Top Team, done my physical preparation with Marcelo Saroldi and trained boxing with my teacher Tunico Junior, in Niteroi.

Do you think the fact that your victories at Pride were never by knock-out or submission has led the event's organizers to put you up against one of the favorites on the very first fight?
I never had it easy at Pride, even because there are top quality fighters. I think the fact I haven't won by knock-out or submission has nothing to do with the choice of Jackson for my first combat.

In your opinion, what's more important: the Grand Prix belt or the Pride championship belt?
In my opinion, they're both equally important. At the moment, my goal is to win the Grand Prix, but I'm sure I'll still fight for the belt at Pride, probably in early 2004.

The Ensanity
08-04-2003, 12:19 PM
lets hope he lose!

mmafanman
08-04-2003, 01:35 PM
I like Arona. He'll somehow survive Jackson's stand-up and the fight will go the ground, where Arona will lay and pray for the decision.

VulgarTheClown
08-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Arona will NOT beat Jackson.

If he does it will be because Jackson broke his hand on Arona's face.

Mr. Beelzebub
08-04-2003, 02:18 PM
I am not an Arona fan, but you can't deny his ability to pin his opponents to the ground and running the clock. Is not a fun to watch strategy, but it freaking works.
I am convinced that Arona is not gonna get a decision in the GP. But somehow he is gonna pull the W against Rampage. Arona by TKO

Piedra
08-04-2003, 03:21 PM
If quinton doesnt ko arona, the whole fight is going to be on the ground.

Bzob
08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by The Ensanity
lets hope he lose!

RAMPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluecifer
08-05-2003, 01:45 PM
I don't even care anymore, i just wanna see some good fights.

The Ensanity
08-05-2003, 02:39 PM
BUSTA!!!!!!!!

Seraph_17
08-06-2003, 04:02 PM
LOL funny **** Ensanity. Anyways I think Rampage is gonna beat Busta, Busta is too small to take down Rampage.